ADVERTISEMENT

Colts

Stuffshot

Hall of Famer
Feb 20, 2008
I'm pissed. The Colts defense is no better than last year. Rivers is (meh) only marginally better than Brisket.

Plus, we were told that Jacksonville sucks. In fact, Jacksonville does not suck. Jacksonville's O-line and D-line and QB were all pretty good, as measured against the unstoppable (cough, cough) O-line of Kelly and Nelson and Costanzo and the "new, greatly improved" Colts defense.

I'm going to fire up Skyrim and smash some Level 3 pussies with my fire sword for a while until I calm down enough to turn on the news and work up the courage to see what foolishness Trump has done today.

Reactions: MaxCoke
I'm pissed. The Colts defense is no better than last year. Rivers is (meh) only marginally better than Brisket.

Plus, we were told that Jacksonville sucks. In fact, Jacksonville does not suck. Jacksonville's O-line and D-line and QB were all pretty good, as measured against the unstoppable (cough, cough) O-line of Kelly and Nelson and Costanzo and the "new, greatly improved" Colts defense.

I'm going to fire up Skyrim and smash some Level 3 pussies with my fire sword for a while until I calm down enough to turn on the news and work up the courage to see what foolishness Trump has done today.
Not really sure but I believe the Colts probably thought it was a preseason game. Pretty conservative play calling and the D really played half/-ss. And they usually lose and play their preseason games like that.

Looks like Mack is headed for the IR. Figured the Colts would lose someone for the season today.

All I heard all summer was that Rivers' INT issues were because LAC's O line sucked. He wouldn't have that problem behind the Colts' line. He threw 3 picks today and they were all dumbass throws. A penalty bailed him out of one of them.

Brady was interested in going to the Colts but they were concerned that he might just leverage them for a better contract from the Patriots. Neither Brady nor Rivers looked good yesterday

Weird game. I didn’t watch most of it but the box score is unique. Colts outgained them by 200 yards, never punted, and still lost. Mainly because of Frank Reich, Rivers, and the defense. In that order.

Reich didn’t have the team ready and his game plan was terrible. After Mack went out, Jax took it to them and Reich had no answer. You still have one of the best O-lines in football and it was quickly apparent that Rivers was still Rivers. Run the damn ball.

And the defense was atrocious. Allowing 19-20 completions is terrible. Where was the pressure up the middle that Buckner was supposed to bring?

I’m not completely bailing out yet though, mainly because the Colts are just cursed down in Florida and this may well serve as a wake up call. I’ll need to see a completely different team against Minnesota though.

Weird game. I didn’t watch most of it but the box score is unique. Colts outgained them by 200 yards, never punted, and still lost. Mainly because of Frank Reich, Rivers, and the defense. In that order.

Reich didn’t have the team ready and his game plan was terrible. After Mack went out, Jax took it to them and Reich had no answer. You still have one of the best O-lines in football and it was quickly apparent that Rivers was still Rivers. Run the damn ball.

And the defense was atrocious. Allowing 19-20 completions is terrible. Where was the pressure up the middle that Buckner was supposed to bring?

I’m not completely bailing out yet though, mainly because the Colts are just cursed down in Florida and this may well serve as a wake up call. I’ll need to see a completely different team against Minnesota though.

It seems to me that the Colts have been absolutely horrid at hiring HCs. Even Dungy was mediocre at best IMO. I fear that Reich was another major gaffe.

Looks like Mack is headed for the IR. Figured the Colts would lose someone for the season today.
I feel bad for Mack. Seems like a good dude who, with a good year, was in line for a nice pay day, probably somewhere else.

Now he’ll probably have to take a one year prove it type deal.

I feel bad for Mack. Seems like a good dude who, with a good year, was in line for a nice pay day, probably somewhere else.

Now he’ll probably have to take a one year prove it type deal.
Wouldn't be surprised if that ends his career. Running Backs seem to be a dime a dozen these days with so many young guys playing at a high level right out of college.

Brady was only interested with 3 teams. LA Chicago and Tampa
multiple sources, including Frank Reich. say otherwise

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Bears made an offer to Brady during his first foray into free agency. If Brady had landed in Chicago, Mitchell Trubisky surely wouldn’t have won the starting job for today’s opener at the Lions.

Rapoport adds that the Saints had interest in Brady, until Drew Brees decided to return for at least one more year. That would have been an intriguing destination; the greatest quarterback of all times would have joined forces with one of the all-time greatest offensive masterminds.

That’s not the end of the list of interested teams, however. As Rapoport notes, Brady ultimately chose the Buccaneers over the Chargers. It’s also well known that Brady had reached out to the 49ers, who considered him before deciding to stick with Jimmy Garoppolo.

Also, Brady had interest in the Colts. The Colts gently rebuffed him because, at the time, they wanted only a one-year stopgap. (They still may be keeping Philip Rivers for only one year, even though he has expressed interest in more than that.) It’s also possible that the Colts wanted to avoid a situation in which they believed they’d be signing a key member of the Patriots organization, only to have the Patriots intervene at the eleventh hour to keep him from going to Indianapolis, Josh McDaniels style.

Reactions: MaxCoke
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT