ADVERTISEMENT

College Gameday can still happen

IUNY

Freshman
Sep 8, 2013
The story line is still intact. We're undefeated and we have the nation's leading rusher. That's all ESPN needs for its story line. The boost to the program would be immeasurable. The outcome of the OSU game doesn't matter. We should still pursue it.

The story line is still intact. We're undefeated and we have the nation's leading rusher. That's all ESPN needs for its story line. The boost to the program would be immeasurable. The outcome of the OSU game doesn't matter. We should still pursue it.
This was never going to happen, especially with ND playing at Clemson next week (top ten match up with play off implications). If / when IU is a Cinderella story later in the year, that's the kind of story that matters to Game Day.

Reactions: 82hoosier
They are going to Death Valley for Notre Dame at Clemson....they hinted at it on this morning's show.

Having seen Clemson play three times in person, when they touch Howard's Rock and run down the hill onto the field, it is something special. Clemson's gameday atmosphere is something every college football fan should experience....it is really extraordinary. Ask anyone who has ever been there.....

I love my Alma Mater, but we can't stack up with Gameday at Clemson. Hell, we can't keep half the fans from leaving at halftime....

I don't know, as a viewer, I would rather see a location they haven't been to before.

Seems to still have some traction. Vitale even getting I on it. Fitting says quite a full court press.

I've been to College Gameday (in Columbus) it's boring and not as fun as you think. However... It would be a positive for IU and obviously help recruiting (wouldn't hurt) Beating Ohio St with recruits at the game would help more. I hope this is the biggest recruiting wknd!! That's how you sell a program.

Correction...the outcome is the only thing that matters! What we need is a program defining WIN. Something we have NEVER had. College Gameday won't put fans in the stands at the next home game but a victory will.

I'll take a different slant on the whole Gameday push: I don't think we deserve it due to the fans...until they can understand how to get from a parking lot inside a stadium. Many miss the point that such an event would not expose our football program so much as it would expose our fans.
What happens when the camera pans and catches some 50 year old basketball fanatic dry humping the side of Assembly Hall because he won't support football during football season and basketball during basketball.....as normal fans do in a conference and happen to be a lot better than us in both?

i will say this. I heard quite a few IU fans at the wake game today...in the second half even!

now if we can just get em to stay at our home games than maybe well have a chance

Reactions: Kelper

I never really thought it would happen but it has been fun to discuss and tweet about the last few days.

I am a Bama grad living in Indy and I always want Game Day to be at the Bama game. And with Bama traveling to Athens to play Georgia that's where they should be.....except this week.....I am pulling like hell for the upset and that instead of picking the obvious like Athens or Death Valley, they throw a curve and come to Bloomington. Just think it would make for so many great storylines, a first ever stop in B-Town, IU at 4-0 for the first time in forever, the defending champs from Ohio St coming to town, and the Corso and IU connection. Plenty more opportunities for them to go to Bama and Notre Dame games. Come on ESPN, mix it up this weekend and do the unexpected and come on down to Bloomington!!!!!

It would be nice if we were tearing it up in our run to 4-0 instead of winning squeakers, but getting Game Day to show up is like a seal of approval for a program. I really don't think it matters what happens in the game. And even if we lose, we're still 4-1. Would you rather lose without Game Day there or lose with Game Day there?

I think if you honestly care about the image of the program, recruiting, etc., you would prefer the latter. As far as people saying we don't deserve it, it's not our call. ESPN is doing it for drama. Of course Notre Dame at Clemson is a good game, but those teams are always good. I think we should keep lobbying for it. We'll know by tomorrow or Monday. And where would the Home Depot set be? At the Sample Gates? Dunn Meadow?

The image of the program?????What image???? We have the worst winning percentage of any Division 1 school!!!
You think Gameday will change that????
The only thing that will change things for the better are wins on a consistent basis. Back in the glory days of the late 80's we filled Memorial Stadium. Know why? Cause we won regularly and went to bowls! And that was before College Gameday existed....We've tried the gimmicks....let's try some wins!

ADVERTISEMENT