ADVERTISEMENT

College Football's Best Facilities In 2020:

red hornet

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2019
Per 24/7 Sports. Obviously, big-time schools realize the value of improved training facilities & recruiting. Hopefully, IU sees the need for a new improved indoor facility as CTA & Indiana Football trend upward.

25] Fla.
24]USC
23]NC
22]Oregon State
21]TT
20]Arkansas
19]TCU
18]Georgia
17]Washington
16]NW
15]Auburn
14]ND
13]Michigan
12]Kentucky
11]Illinois
10]Tx
9]Tenn.
8]Oka.
7]LSU
6]ALA.
5]SC
4]Ohio State
3]Tx A&M
2]Oregon
1]Clemson

Reactions: vesuvius13
Per 24/7 Sports. Obviously, big-time schools realize the value of improved training facilities & recruiting. Hopefully, IU sees the need for a new improved indoor facility as CTA & Indiana Football trend upward.

25] Fla.
24]USC
23]NC
22]Oregon State
21]TT
20]Arkansas
19]TCU
18]Georgia
17]Washington
16]NW
15]Auburn
14]ND
13]Michigan
12]Kentucky
11]Illinois
10]Tx
9]Tenn.
8]Oka.
7]LSU
6]ALA.
5]SC
4]Ohio State
3]Tx A&M
2]Oregon
1]Clemson

With Northwestern and Illinois, it is more a game of leapfrog where they were last in to renovate so they now have really nice facilities. Eventually they will be jumped by others, including ourselves (hopefully).

25] Fla.
24]USC
23]NC
22]Oregon State
21]TT
20]Arkansas
19]TCU
18]Georgia
17]Washington
16]NW
15]Auburn
14]ND
13]Michigan
12]Kentucky
11]Illinois
10]Tx
9]Tenn.
8]Oka.
7]LSU
6]ALA.
5]SC
4]Ohio State
3]Tx A&M
2]Oregon
1]Clemson
This must be for football only?
Northwestern at #16 and Illinois at #11 are jokes.

Reactions: midwolfe
Right, Dan. Football only, although some maybe multi-purpose?
LOL on the multi-purpose.

I wonder if IU's new locker room was taken into consideration on these appraisals? I mean, go into Illinois' or Northwestern's stadiums and compare them to ours - there is no comparison. Do they have better weight rooms than ours? Highly doubt it. Do they have the medical and rehab facilities on site like we do? Again, doubt it.

I'd like to see the judging criteria on this.

LOL on the multi-purpose.

I wonder if IU's new locker room was taken into consideration on these appraisals? I mean, go into Illinois' or Northwestern's stadiums and compare them to ours - there is no comparison. Do they have better weight rooms than ours? Highly doubt it. Do they have the medical and rehab facilities on site like we do? Again, doubt it.

I'd like to see the judging criteria on this.
If this is about facilities and not just stadiums, I've been to Northwestern's and they are pretty impressive. Great view of Lake Michigan too.

Last edited:
If this is about facilities, I've been to Northwestern's and they are pretty impressive. Great view of Lake Michigan too.
Northwestern's stadium is a dump and you cannot see Lake Michigan from it. I assume 'stadium' is part of facilities.

All IU's football facilities are in one place. You don't need to be bussed from place to place.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
Man, northwestern must have completely redone their stadium since I have been there. It wasn't much better than a hs stadium back 15 or so years ago.

Man, northwestern must have completely redone their stadium since I have been there. It wasn't much better than a hs stadium back 15 or so years ago.
Same stadium - same dump. They just build a new - multi-sport - facility on the Lake. It's supposed to be great, but the stadium is still an embarrassment.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
Northwestern's stadium is a dump and you cannot see Lake Michigan from it. I assume 'stadium' is part of facilities.

All IU's football facilities are in one place. You don't need to be bussed from place to place.
Their practice fields, locker rooms, weight rooms etc. are overlooking the lake. Similar to many sports teams that play in a separate area. I don't think they are bussed at all they go directly to the stadium (which I agree isn't that great) on game day every thing is waiting for them.

Their practice fields, locker rooms, weight rooms etc. are overlooking the lake. Similar to many sports teams that play in a separate area. I don't think they are bussed at all they go directly to the stadium (which I agree isn't that great) on game day every thing is waiting for them.

I know the solution to getting us on this list: construct a giant lake next to the stadium that everyone can look at.

A 247 survey which definitely involves bias since some schools only or dominant fan website is 247. Programs where Rivals is either virtually nonexistent or secondary to 247 are not likely to be on this list. The Blue Bloods being the obvious exception.

Same stadium - same dump. They just build a new - multi-sport - facility on the Lake. It's supposed to be great, but the stadium is still an embarrassment.

Northwestern has invested almost $500 million in their sports facilities under their very talented and nationally respected AD Dr. Jim Phillips. The stadium is much better than it was fifteen years ago and given their resources it will
not be long before they address the stadium.

If they aren't bussed, how do they get there? It's way too long to walk from the locker rooms to the stadium.

Northwestern has invested almost $500 million in their sports facilities under their very talented and nationally respected AD Dr. Jim Phillips. The stadium is much better than it was fifteen years ago and given their resources it will
not be long before they address the stadium.
When was the last time you were there? It is an embarrassment to the Big Ten.

Reactions: 76-1
I don’t want Indiana to play the arms race with all the bells and whistles associated with the player lounges. Let Coach Tom Allen continue to emphasize the environment he was is trying to create and the academic support that is being provided to the players. Let’s not dumb it down.

I don’t want Indiana to play the arms race with all the bells and whistles associated with the player lounges. Let Coach Tom Allen continue to emphasize the environment he was is trying to create and the academic support that is being provided to the players. Let’s not dumb it down.
Um, I think the IU players got a pretty nice lounge with the new locker room.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
Bells and whistles are exactly what separates a school from the rest of the pack. Everyone has the basics today. Ohio University in the MAC recently gave coach Solich and indoor practice facility.

If they aren't bussed, how do they get there? It's way too long to walk from the locker rooms to the stadium.
Two sets of locker rooms one at the practice facility and one at the stadium for game day (think Cook Hall practice facility locker rooms and Assembly Hall locker rooms).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT