ADVERTISEMENT

College Cup (ESPNU)

You know the drill; the bracket will fill as tourney progresses:
https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/soccer-men/d1/2018

B10 Teams comprise 3 of the 4 moving on to Santa Barbara, CA for the College Cup. IU Soccer went undefeated through the B10 regular season schedule and then marched through the B10 Soccer Tourney. I believe that puts the accomplishments of this Indiana Team in perspective. I believe this a special collection of talented players who can bring home #9. GBR!
Of course, anything can happen in a single elimination situation. I'm confident, but not thrilled to be playing Maryland for the third time this season; nor the chance of facing Michigan State a second time this year; not to mention that Akron is always a tough match.
Keep your fingers crossed and caffeine-load (or DVR) as we are the late night match on Friday night. We night owls, await!

Go Hoosiers!

Since Caleb Porter is now both an alumni of IU and former coach of Akron does he root for either side when they play each other?

Reactions: snowling
I'm pretty happy about the College Cup match-ups. Kentucky, Wake, Stanford, and UNC were all teams I didn't want to play and they are all eliminated. Maryland the 3rd time will be difficult (even though the 2nd game was technically a draw). Lots of IU alums in SoCal will give a nice home away from home feel. Taking nothing for granted, but I like IU's chances-a lot-to bring home #9.

You know the drill; the bracket will fill as tourney progresses:
https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/soccer-men/d1/2018

B10 Teams comprise 3 of the 4 moving on to Santa Barbara, CA for the College Cup. IU Soccer went undefeated through the B10 regular season schedule and then marched through the B10 Soccer Tourney. I believe that puts the accomplishments of this Indiana Team in perspective. I believe this a special collection of talented players who can bring home #9. GBR!
Of course, anything can happen in a single elimination situation. I'm confident, but not thrilled to be playing Maryland for the third time this season; nor the chance of facing Michigan State a second time this year; not to mention that Akron is always a tough match.
Keep your fingers crossed and caffeine-load (or DVR) as we are the late night match on Friday night. We night owls, await!

Go Hoosiers!
I hear ya.

And then I think about what Maryland, MSU and Akron might be thinking and saying about IU.

Helps me sleep at night. ;)

I've got a funny feeling Akron and MSU will go at least 1 overtime and maybe all the way to PKs, pushing kickoff back to 11:30 or so for IU-MD. Going to start the coffee around 9 at my place.

I've got a funny feeling Akron and MSU will go at least 1 overtime and maybe all the way to PKs, pushing kickoff back to 11:30 or so for IU-MD. Going to start the coffee around 9 at my place.
That's actually better for me as Friday night is family night. Can't say I'll be drinking coffee. Either some local beer or maybe I'll pop open a nice bottle of red.

Not a good game for Muse, but playing keeper is tough when one or two bad reactions means everything.

Maryland really did a good job of weakening Indiana's attack. Ultimately, beating a team 3 times is difficult when that other team is a top 15 team.

Tough tough loss and a ton of seniors.

Well, darn it anyway! What a run, but it ends in a 2-0 loss in the semi-finals. IU just did not have tonight; they've had chances, but could not finish them. What a nice collection of players we had on this team; thanks and congratulations to each and all of them (and the coaching staff, as well). Indiana is still seeking #9. GBR!

Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: whosyourholydaddy
This is so sad. I said all along I’d rather play Kentucky , even though they beat us badly, then Maryland a third time.

Reactions: whosyourholydaddy
Indiana Futbol...

Our moron band plays the fight song as we get knocked out.

Completely understandable given our bands complete lack of game understanding.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT