ADVERTISEMENT

Cold blooded murder in LA

Well, if the guys whose job it is to fight crime are committing the crimes, there is a very serious problem. I don't think anyone is expecting police officers to be more than they are; law enforcement professionals. If you can't do your job without murdering someone, it's time to turn in your badge. I don't think that's too much to ask.

And exactly who disagrees that bad cops need to lose their badges and if they’ve committed a crime they be punished?

And exactly who disagrees that bad cops need to lose their badges and if they’ve committed a crime they be punished?

A lot of people around here. Apparently if you're black and you have a criminal record it's open season for the police to impose the death penalty and are able execute at their leisure and with extreme prejudice.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
A lot of people around here. Apparently if you're black and you have a criminal record it's open season for the police to impose the death penalty and are able execute at their leisure and with extreme prejudice.

I don’t know what Universe you live. I know no one in my small redneck community that believes that.

No. Your entire thread was your hyperbolic use of the police officers' shooting as some sort of evidence backing your clear hatred for BLM. It's obvious. Cut the crap. You know what you're doing. The officers are still alive. There were 5 drunk guys standing around on the sidewalk of a hospital in Compton (you implied they're BLM "protesters") and the person shooting the video was an NPR reporter who had her credentials on a lanyard, but was roughed up and arrested for doing nothing but what any other reporter does. She didn't interfere in any way or "rush the ambulance".

This entire thread is "fake news" by the usual suspects. Right wing nuts, who can't distinguish fact from fear/fantasy. Sad people.
You are completely FOS. I implied nothing about those protestors.

I posted a tweet from Candace Owens condemning celebrities like LeBron and their harmful rhetoric, which does nothing but inflame the situation.

You really should lie less. It’s all right here for everyone to see.

50%? Lol. No. Please link your Liberty U. data.

Yes, black people commit more murders per capita. Wonder if that has anything to do with the communities we created for them? Ya know, after destroying their families for several generations.

There are some murders that are not accounted for, but we do know the victims. Blacks are over 50% of the homicide victims in this country.

"Of the 13,455 cases from last year in which the FBI listed a victim's racial information, 7,039 victims – or 52.3 percent – were black. That compares with 5,854 cases – or 43.5 percent – in which the victim was white, "

They have figures for white on black (including Hispanics as white) crime in the article. 15.8% of white victims were killed by blacks and 8.6% of black victims were caused by whites. That is based on FBI statistics.

Another one that will blow your mind, police shootings are linked to who is more likely to be committing violent crime in an area. So the fact that African Americans punch above their statistical weight in violent crime commission is probably the number 1 factor to why they are also statistically higher in police shootings.

All things that would be up for discussion if we were really having a race conversation instead of a lecture.

Edit: And I agree with McMurtry in this thread on what the focus should be to end this discrepancy, if not with all his treatment, I agree with the assessment of the illness.

Last edited:
Disingenuous, the ones I’ve read list several other factors in addition to prior record.

Once again, my post was a hyperbolic response to Hoodat, to emphasize his stupidity. I still have yet to see any Righties denounce his statement, so I'm going to assume 100% tribalism on this board.

Well, I did not "like" it, so there is that.

And though your response was absurd, I did not initially take it that way and did provide you with a better comparison, IMHO.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
I guess you can’t take a joke. I pity you.

Thankfully the sheriff's deputies are looking like they'll make a full recovery, but I'm not sure this is the thread to be posting jokes on, stoll. After the death of Herman Cain, it seems like Trump campaign events, which have returned to indoor settings, aren't the best thing to be joking about either.

Meantime, I hope that the folks in your community are staying safe and doing better.

Last edited:
Thankfully the sheriff's deputies are looking like they'll make a full recovery, but I'm not sure this is the thread to be posting jokes on, stoll. After the death of Herman Cain, it seems like Trump campaign events, which have returned to indoor settings, aren't the best thing to be joking about either.
I feel horrible for those deputies. Couldn’t care less if people die from going to an indoor trump rally. It’s literally thinning the herd. They assume that risk. If they infect someone else...despicable. I can’t think of a dumber cause of death than attending an indoor political rally

Last edited:
I feel horrible for those deputies. Couldn’t care less if people die from going to an indoor trump rally. It’s literally thinning the herd. They assume that risk. If they infect someone else...despicable. I can’t think of a dumber cause of death than attending an indoor political rally

It's certainly not a smart thing to do, but I take no joy at anybody's death. Herman Cain was somebody's grandpa or next door neighbor, so folks are out there hurting needlessly because of what's going on. And I put as much blame on the people who encourage the stupidity because they are sacrificing people for their own selfish ends.

And, on a separate note, I totally agree with you that we need to increase the qualifications for law enforcement so that we can increase the compensation and hold them to the high standard we need to have for them.

Last edited:
There are some murders that are not accounted for, but we do know the victims. Blacks are over 50% of the homicide victims in this country.

"Of the 13,455 cases from last year in which the FBI listed a victim's racial information, 7,039 victims – or 52.3 percent – were black. That compares with 5,854 cases – or 43.5 percent – in which the victim was white, "

They have figures for white on black (including Hispanics as white) crime in the article. 15.8% of white victims were killed by blacks and 8.6% of black victims were caused by whites. That is based on FBI statistics.

Another one that will blow your mind, police shootings are linked to who is more likely to be committing violent crime in an area. So the fact that African Americans punch above their statistical wait in violent crime commission is probably the number 1 factor to why they are also statistically higher in police shootings.

All things that would be up for discussion if we were really having a race conversation instead of a lecture.

Heard!
Lots of lecturing going on and I’m certainly guilty of that.

There is datto suggest black people are shot more often when in the same police encounters as white people.

https://news.northeastern.edu/2020/...ely-than-black-people-to-be-killed-by-police/

Do cops have itchier trigger fingers in some neighborhoods? Maybe, but there are rough neighborhoods of all colors. Are cops — or people in general — biased because of how we’ve seen black peoples portrayed our whole lives? No doubt. Some would say that bias earned. Then we go down the chicken or the egg path, which is pretty pointless now.

A human can be taught to be anything. Fill their lives full of negative outcomes for generations and they grow up making shitty decisions despite the consequences.

I wish the right saw this as an investment. Some folks near the center (like me) might look into the Republican Party again if it got its shit together on stuff like this.

sermon over lol

Last edited:
Maybe, but there are rough neighborhoods of all colors.

Agree with that. And the second article I posted supports that too. In areas where black violent crime is more prevalent, there are higher incidences of blacks being shot by police. That is also true in areas where white people are committing the majority of the crime. In those areas, whites are shot more.

So it does not appear systemic to the police, if anything it is systemic as to what drives crime in an area. And that can be different things. One thing I like on the Trump side is the idea of pulling some of the manufacturing jobs back from overseas. "But it is more expensive to pay American wages Crazy." Is it? When you add up societal costs and all of that, is it maybe worth paying a few dollars more here and there so that we don't have despondent people driving things like the opioid epidemic or the things that impact the black community on the crime side?

It took multiple generations to break and it will take many go fix. I would argue that the single biggest thing to impact my family was A)the GI bill that my Grandfather took advantage of and B)the rise of American manufacturing which helped to move people out of cities and farms into suburbs. They were making a decent wage and that started to allow them more economic freedom. Stopped renting and began owning. So from an economic standpoint I think that Chuck D had a point, "I like Nike but wait a minute. The neighborhood supports so put some money it." I don't think that corporations should be pillaged and have their earnings spread out, but I do think communities like those in LA should focus their BLM pressure on getting some J-O-B-S to their neighborhood from all these companies that use their movement as a way to market them more products. That's just me though.

Agree with that. And the second article I posted supports that too. In areas where black violent crime is more prevalent, there are higher incidences of blacks being shot by police. That is also true in areas where white people are committing the majority of the crime. In those areas, whites are shot more.

So it does not appear systemic to the police, if anything it is systemic as to what drives crime in an area. And that can be different things. One thing I like on the Trump side is the idea of pulling some of the manufacturing jobs back from overseas. "But it is more expensive to pay American wages Crazy." Is it? When you add up societal costs and all of that, is it maybe worth paying a few dollars more here and there so that we don't have despondent people driving things like the opioid epidemic or the things that impact the black community on the crime side?

It took multiple generations to break and it will take many go fix. I would argue that the single biggest thing to impact my family was A)the GI bill that my Grandfather took advantage of and B)the rise of American manufacturing which helped to move people out of cities and farms into suburbs. They were making a decent wage and that started to allow them more economic freedom. Stopped renting and began owning. So from an economic standpoint I think that Chuck D had a point, "I like Nike but wait a minute. The neighborhood supports so put some money it." I don't think that corporations should be pillaged and have their earnings spread out, but I do think communities like those in LA should focus their BLM pressure on getting some J-O-B-S to their neighborhood from all these companies that use their movement as a way to market them more products. That's just me though.

Whole heartedly agree on jobs. Some money in the bank helps smooth over a lot of issues that a family will run into. Not sure Trump’s plan is very forward thinking since he’s basically adding cost at every point in the supply chain with the trade war while cutting tax revenue and adding to the deficit. We better be pretty smart about what manufacturing jobs we protect and what we don’t. We should be all in on mid-level tech jobs as it doesn’t look like anyone will be turning a screwdriver on an assembly line in 20 or 30 years anyway. Heady times.

well that’s dumb. BLM isn’t a centralized organization. there are evangelical websites that say the devil buried dinosaur bones to keep us from believing in Jesus. I assume those speak for the whole movement? Lol.

It’s the BLM founding leaders who wrote their mission statement. It may be

What if you are black, have a record and you go for a weapon, wrestle a cop for his taser, reach into the front seat for a knife? All perfectly innocent?

Reactions: Lucy01 and ulrey
The posts I quoted...

"Extremely sad, but not unexpected. When you portray the police as villains for just doing their jobs, there is going to be an eventual backlash.

Democrats, BLM, and anyone protesting George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Jacob Blake, etc. are going to have to accept responsibility for this.

[/QUOTE]

Easy. 1) Comparing ambushed cops to Trump supporters spreading Covid is absurd. And you know it. I stated Charlottesville would have been a better comparison. Your example is better too.

2) At the time it was reported BLM protesters were chanting that outside the hospital. I saw a post later where that may not have been accurate. So, I now realize I need to include the MSM disclaimer "if true", in my posts. But let me know when you find the Boogaloo boys chanting outside a hospital or fry like bacon. Oh, I forgot, that was just a joke.

3) If had been aware of the June killings, I would have condemned it. Those right wing POS need to go too. As I stated, I don't live on the WC or in the politics world. I don't catch every thread and usually bypass ones started by certain people b/c I already know what it is about. And that includes people from both sides. I have 2 IMPD family members who patrol dangerous neighborhoods. I don't want them attacked by BLM, Antics, Boogaloo or anybody. So stop with your attacks that I don't condemn cop attacks equally. That shit don't fly.

Tell you what. The next cop attack you see from a right wing extremist, message me and I will start a thread condemning it.

Hell, I have a few minutes while sipping my beer, I'll just search and start one to make you happy.

It’s the BLM founding leaders who wrote their mission statement. It may be

What if you are black, have a record and you go for a weapon, wrestle a cop for his taser, reach into the front seat for a knife? All perfectly innocent?
No, it’s not. Lol

and ahhh — so these cops have psychic abilities and knew these folks had records? Here I was thinking you had most of your rights intact after serving your time. What about the folks who were running away? Or were already subdued? Or were sleeping in bed?

damn, man, no one is asking you to lift a finger to actually help (this is America!) but could ya pretend you’re human for one minute ask if yourself if you’d want this for your family, for your family that came before you. crazy.

Reactions: DrHoops

Easy. 1) Comparing ambushed cops to Trump supporters spreading Covid is absurd. And you know it. I stated Charlottesville would have been a better comparison. Your example is better too.

2) At the time it was reported BLM protesters were chanting that outside the hospital. I saw a post later where that may not have been accurate. So, I now realize I need to include the MSM disclaimer "if true", in my posts. But let me know when you find the Boogaloo boys chanting outside a hospital or fry like bacon. Oh, I forgot, that was just a joke.

3) If had been aware of the June killings, I would have condemned it. Those right wing POS need to go too. As I stated, I don't live on the WC or in the politics world. I don't catch every thread and usually bypass ones started by certain people b/c I already know what it is about. And that includes people from both sides. I have 2 IMPD family members who patrol dangerous neighborhoods. I don't want them attacked by BLM, Antics, Boogaloo or anybody. So stop with your attacks that I don't condemn cop attacks equally. That shit don't fly.

Tell you what. The next cop attack you see from a right wing extremist, message me and I will start a thread condemning it.

Hell, I have a few minutes while sipping my beer, I'll just search and start one to make you happy.
[/QUOTE]

Does this count?

https://www.latimes.com/california/...ng-santa-cruz-cop-and-oakland-federal-officer

Does this count?

https://www.latimes.com/california/...ng-santa-cruz-cop-and-oakland-federal-officer
[/QUOTE]

Yes. He posted that guy and I agreed it is a good comparison. Strangely it is, so far, the only one I have found about Boogaloo.

But just because I didn't run to the WC in June does not mean I have selective outrage. I didn't run here about David Dorn. I didn't run here to post about the 2 ambushed cops. I just replied that your comparison sucked.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
No, it’s not. Lol

and ahhh — so these cops have psychic abilities and knew these folks had records? Here I was thinking you had most of your rights intact after serving your time. What about the folks who were running away? Or were already subdued? Or were sleeping in bed?

damn, man, no one is asking you to lift a finger to actually help (this is America!) but could ya pretend you’re human for one minute ask if yourself if you’d want this for your family, for your family that came before you. crazy.

Here is a thought:

If I have a restraining order on me, I show up to a family argument, I wrestle with cops on the ground, get up and ignore direction from law enforcement, deliberately walk around my car and announce I’m getting a knife, pull away from the officer as I’m reaching into the front seat.....I deserve the biggest dumbass of the year award.

Poor me. I wasn’t doing anything.

At least I have the radical left to say I’m completely innocent and will declare me a saint.

And, yes, my dumbass deserves to get shot in that situation.

This board continues to invent all kinds of stupid.

If you were the cop in this situation, you’d still be trying to negotiate with the guy as he’s gutting you like a stuck pig.

People say to “we cannot understand what it must be to live as a (insert anything here)”

Well, the same applies for cops. Stop playing armchair QB when you’ve never been in a dangerous situation.

Dumber than the other guy's post that stated that all Dems are responsible for the shooting? See, I think it's the equal amount of dumb. And yet, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for the likes of you to admit it.
That video is Obama American
wow!!

Here is a thought:

If I have a restraining order on me, I show up to a family argument, I wrestle with cops on the ground, get up and ignore direction from law enforcement, deliberately walk around my car and announce I’m getting a knife, pull away from the officer as I’m reaching into the front seat.....I deserve the biggest dumbass of the year award.

Poor me. I wasn’t doing anything.

At least I have the radical left to say I’m completely innocent and will declare me a saint.

And, yes, my dumbass deserves to get shot in that situation.

This board continues to invent all kinds of stupid.

If you were the cop in this situation, you’d still be trying to negotiate with the guy as he’s gutting you like a stuck pig.

People say to “we cannot understand what it must be to live as a (insert anything here)”

Well, the same applies for cops. Stop playing armchair QB when you’ve never been in a dangerous situation.

welp, I tried. Maybe you’ll turn into a real boy someday. Lol

Yes. He posted that guy and I agreed it is a good comparison. Strangely it is, so far, the only one I have found about Boogaloo.

But just because I didn't run to the WC in June does not mean I have selective outrage. I didn't run here about David Dorn. I didn't run here to post about the 2 ambushed cops. I just replied that your comparison sucked.
[/QUOTE]
So, you didn't like my comparison? Is that what you are saying?

Reactions: ribbont

So, you didn't like my comparison? Is that what you are saying?
[/QUOTE]

Sorry to be so vague. Trying to be nice.

Meantime, I hope that the folks in your community are staying safe and doing better.

Thanks for well wishes on community. It seems it was slowing down. My mom just informed me while eating dinner with her that there’s a Covid case in the assisted living facility across the street. The residence who has it was a family disregarding the faculty rules.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT