ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Woodson

Cavanagh.13

Senior
Nov 6, 2019
While heading to the 8am mass at st chucks, I saw coach Woodson with briefcase in hand, walking into cook. Gave him a Morning coach yell and salute from my passing truck on 17th. Got a wave back. Made my morning. Can’t wait for basketball this year. Something in the air in Btown boys and girls.

While heading to the 8am mass at st chucks, I saw coach Woodson with briefcase in hand, walking into cook. Gave him a Morning coach yell and salute from my passing truck on 17th. Got a wave back. Made my morning. Can’t wait for basketball this year. Something in the air in Btown boys and girls.
Wow…. Invigorating.

Wow…. Invigorating.

Watching a man walk into his office before 8am on Sunday, speaks to work ethic. Work ethic is key in life. Our new coach has a passion and desire that we have not seen in 20 years. That makes me very excited.

Now go back to your mundane job with the dopeheads, that no one cares about.

Reactions: IULouie and Beorik
True fan would have followed him home..

Watching a man walk into his office before 8am on Sunday, speaks to work ethic. Work ethic is key in life. Our new coach has a passion and desire that we have not seen in 20 years. That makes me very excited.

Now go back to your mundane job with the dopeheads, that no one cares about.
Apparently you haven’t seen the news that more and more pot smokers are developing schizophrenia. Enjoy your Haldol and a padded room

Reactions: hatchetdad
Apparently you haven’t seen the news that more and more pot smokers are developing schizophrenia. Enjoy your Haldol and a padded room
Who shit on your waffles? If a harmless anecdote gets you that worked up maybe you're the one that needs drugs/confinement.

Reactions: Pryght
U
we're quite the unified fan base, eh?
Usually if someone opposes another’s point of view or “science”. They have something to lose or gain. Like me for instance. I love the oil and gas industry. I can’t stand hearing “global warming”. I prefer climate change. Now I understand the two thoughts. One is how much influence has man had and how much is just natural. I get that it’s more complicated than that. (I don’t want to argue or discuss this. I just used it as an example)

Reactions: hatchetdad
U

Usually if someone opposes another’s point of view or “science”. They have something to lose or gain. Like me for instance. I love the oil and gas industry. I can’t stand hearing “global warming”. I prefer climate change. Now I understand the two thoughts. One is how much influence has man had and how much is just natural. I get that it’s more complicated than that. (I don’t want to argue or discuss this. I just used it as an example)

I worked in oil and gas for a decade, now in renewable energy. Let me know when you wanna talk climate change! I didn’t change because I thought renewable energy was gonna save the planet (I am a fan for what it is worth) I did it for the money! Capitalist through and through.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I worked in oil and gas for a decade, now in renewable energy. Let me know when you wanna talk climate change! I didn’t change because I thought renewable energy was gonna save the planet (I am a fan for what it is worth) I did it for the money! Capitalist through and through.
Me too. I’m all for alternatives if they make sense.

Im just tired of a bunch of stoned out dopers “educating“ me on how wonderful and medicinal marijuana is….. to each his own
Not sure what exactly your huge objection is to mj, but take whatever health concern you have and mutliply it by about 100,000 and maybe you're approaching the order of health risk posed by alcohol vs mj... maybe. I'm guessing you work for AA, or else you're surrounded by many times that number of alcoholics, and, even then....

• Love
Reactions: Cavanagh.13
For your family’s sake I hope you know more about renewable energy than you do about basketball.

Reactions: SoccerSammy
Not sure what exactly your huge objection is to mj, but take whatever health concern you have and mutliply it by about 100,000 and maybe you're approaching the order of health risk posed by alcohol vs mj... maybe. I'm guessing you work for AA, or else you're surrounded by many times that number of alcoholics, and, even then....
I'm for complete freedom.. I'm pretty much a libertarian. I think all drugs should be legal... To each his own. But it always strikes me as amazing that of all the mind altering drugs (the term mild altering ought to tell you about the health benefits), the proponents of MJ continue harp on how awesome it is a cure all for everything.... When I discredit MJ the attack always come about how much more dangerous alcohol is.... Maybe it is??? Probably it is?? But that doesn't mean THC is a "wonder drug" as so many claim. The same people who will smoke a bag a day in general wouldn't think of taking a blood pressure or diabetes drug because "they're not natural".....

this post has really gone up in smoke.
CHEECH-AND-CHONG-PARKED-MEME-300x198.jpg

I'm for complete freedom.. I'm pretty much a libertarian. I think all drugs should be legal... To each his own. But it always strikes me as amazing that of all the mind altering drugs (the term mild altering ought to tell you about the health benefits), the proponents of MJ continue harp on how awesome it is a cure all for everything.... When I discredit MJ the attack always come about how much more dangerous alcohol is.... Maybe it is??? Probably it is?? But that doesn't mean THC is a "wonder drug" as so many claim. The same people who will smoke a bag a day in general wouldn't think of taking a blood pressure or diabetes drug because "they're not natural".....
Maybe it is? Probably it is? I think we both know it is, period. Look at the # of deaths attributed to alcohol annually, and compare that to MJ (and 2-4 more kids in Charlotte this past weekend again at my kid's former HS: 2 already dead and 2 more in the hospital). It's a fraction and that's with the prevailing viewpoint that alcohol is "OK" and MJ is a criminalized gateway drug. I've had a good bit of experience with both, and I'd be the first to agree that the average peson is probably better off avoiding both, but if you're going to get a buzz, it's much, much healthier for that person and all those around them if it's from MJ. And I don't know about anyone claiming MJ is a wonder drug, but I do believe it has a lot of potential in helping with anxiety, appetite, pain, insomnia, etc... and those alone are far more benefits than alcohol and that's with the gov't trying to discredit MJ for the better part of 70 years.

Last edited:
Maybe it is? Probably it is? I think we both know it is, period. Look at the # of deaths attributed to alcohol annually, and compare that to MJ (and 2-4 more kids in Charlotte this past weekend again at my kid's former HS: 2 already dead and 2 more in the hospital). It's a fraction and that's with the prevailing viewpoint that alcohol is "OK" and MJ is a criminalized gateway drug. I've had a good bit of experience with both, and I'd be the first to agree that the average peson is probably better off avoiding both, but if you're going to get a buzz, it's much, much healthier for that person and all those around them if it's from MJ. And I don't know about anyone claiming MJ is a wonder drug, if cannabis is unhealthy but I do believe it has a lot of potential in helping with anxiety, appetite, insomnia, etc... and those alone are far more benefits than alcohol and that's with the gov't trying to discredit MJ for the better part of 70 years.
If cannabis is unhealthy then why does every multi cell creature on the planet have cannabinoid receptors in every organ that only accept cannabinoids and nothing else? Why do living beings have an endocannabinoid system?

Last edited:
If cannabis is unhealthy then why does every multi cell creature on the planet have cannabinoid receptors in every organ that only accepts cannabinoids and nothing else? Why do living beings have an endocannabinoid system?
I can't believe you lowered yourself to facts. Massive grin! Good post.
I'll say this. I've yet to bury a stoner friend but I have attended many funerals for drinkers. Go Hoosiers!
How about let's talk sports?

If cannabis is unhealthy then why does every multi cell creature on the planet have cannabinoid receptors in every organ that only accepts cannabinoids and nothing else? Why do living beings have an endocannabinoid system?
You like to tout that, but couldn't I also say the same about every human having a mouth and eating sugar? It's really an interesting factoid, but doesn't prove anything 1 way or another. I think there are many parts of the human body that don't serve a great purpose anymore but haven't been erased yet by genetics, so maybe cannabinoid receptors fall into that category. Tell me what healthy benefit you believe the average person is gaining by ingesting MJ?

I didn't say it was "unhealthy" I said "the average person is probably better off avoiding both". I don't know that I agree MJ is "healthy" although I do think it has many positive attributes and uses, my whole point is it's so much safer than alcohol, which I believe is extremely dangerous, destructive and unhealthy for humans, that if you're going to have alcohol legal, there's no justification for MJ not being legal also. And, if any portion of people, like Cav, use MJ and avoid alcohol, that's another potential benefit to them and the general population.

the body doesn't have dedicated receptors for sugar in every organ. It has taste receptors.

The cannabinoid system is dedicated to processing and using cannabinoids, only. It is present in every organ including the skin. Why?

Cannabis is not a toxin (sugar is in high amounts because the body can't break down excessive amounts of it is, as is alcohol, which is a literal poison) but like everything else cannabis can probably be abused by excessive behavior.

And I didn't say you said it was unhealthy ... I wasn't arguing with you at all, just adding information where information was needed.

Anyone equating the degree of detriment in cannabis to the detrimental effects of alcohol, doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. It's a no contest. alcohol is 100 times worse. Plus drunks are annoying as fk .

Last edited:
If cannabis is unhealthy then why does every multi cell creature on the planet have cannabinoid receptors in every organ that only accept cannabinoids and nothing else? Why do living beings have an endocannabinoid system?
Because vertebrate (but not all multicellular) species create their own version of cannabis compounds called endocannabinoids, but the short answer is serendipity.

Do I win a prize?

Because vertebrate (but not all multicellular) species create their own version of cannabis compounds called endocannabinoids, but the short answer is serendipity.

Do I win a prize?
Also found in very small amounts in other plants. It's basically used to regulate cells and systems.

Reactions: Cavanagh.13
the body doesn't have dedicated receptors for sugar in every organ. It has taste receptors.

The cannabinoid system is dedicated to processing and using cannabinoids, only. It is present in every organ including the skin. Why?

Cannabis is not a toxin (sugar is in high amounts because the body can't break down excessive amounts of it is, as is alcohol, which is a literal poison) but like everything else cannabis can probably be abused by excessive behavior.

And I didn't say you said it was unhealthy ... I wasn't arguing with you at all, just adding information where information was needed.

Anyone equating the degree of detriment in cannabis to the detrimental effects of alcohol, doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. It's a no contest. alcohol is 100 times worse. Plus drunks are annoying as fk .
Just to be contrarian, I would point out that the presence of cannabinoid receptors does not mean that every cannabinoid is healthy. After all, we also have opioid receptors, but that doesn't mean heroin is healthy.

Reactions: .Gerdis and Pryght
Just to be contrarian, I would point out that the presence of cannabinoid receptors does not mean that every cannabinoid is healthy.
I have no idea what opioid receptors do except that there are different types of them. So I can't comment .. if I get froggy I'll read up ..

I'm not sure healthy was the correct word to use in my comment above, smoking is not healthy, vaping is not healthy and I'm sure dabbing is really bad for a person. Excessiveness with anything isn't healthy either.

but it is healthier or less detrimental both physically and mentally than alcohol ...of that there is no doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT