Coach Knight at BNHS on Thursday

HoozierDaddy

Sophomore
Gold Member
Sep 16, 2012
Is this true?

Anyone going?

What topics will he discuss?

Interesting timing given the coaching change.

Honestly, Knight needs to go to a head doctor and get his problems under control: way overdue.

I also don't understand why he is still so pissed off. He basically didn't give a rat's behind the last six or seven years he was at IU, anyways.

Is Tim setting up a t-shirt stand in the parking lot?
12.jpg

Is this true?

Anyone going?

Day and time?

Seriously, I wish one of you sub-human ingrates had the balls to show up and tell RMK man to man how you really feel for once. That'd be swell. Then the rest of us could get a good laugh when you piss yourself...

Reactions: IU Hardcore
Day and time?

Seriously, I wish one of you sub-human ingrates had the balls to show up and tell RMK man to man how you really feel for once. That'd be swell. Then the rest of us could get a good laugh when you piss yourself...
Calm down, Tim.

Day and time?

Yeah because delusional, bitter, obnoxious old men are really scary.
He would probably just say he wished I were dead, being the classy guy he is.

For a guy that hates Indiana he has no trouble coming back to make money talking about INDIANA basketball.

He doesn't hate Indiana. He hates certain people from Indiana University. Holding a grudge too long? Maybe -- seems to be what he wants. Doesn't matter to me. Why does it matter to you?

I'm not going to his talk, because I don't pay $25 for much of anything. But I'll definitely read about what he had to say the next day.

Day and time?

They can only hit the target with pot shots and back stabbing. We know thousands like those. Nothing when it comes time to do something. Huge mouth when they are protected from consequences for what they say.

Day and time?

Lol.....yeah, I would "piss myself" because a crusty old ass of a man might say something derogatory towards me and try to choke me with his bony, liver-spotted fingers. (Of which I could probably take a half step to the left to avoid....but you are right - I would piss myself instead.)

Day and time?

C'mon Gator. I understand BK felt betrayed by the university he had invested so much time with,but he didn't help his cause with all the antics. He was very lucky to not have arrested in Puerto Rico. That might have led to being fired then. Throwing a flower pot toward his secretary-not cool. There are 10-15 more incidents that could be noted. He turned out to be a lose cannon because of his notoriety with IU but many times IU looked the other way. The media did not! Don't call people ingrates just because they don't agree with Knight's continued coldness toward IU[even though the BOT and others are no longer there]. He could've at least made an appearance for the sake of his former players when their classes were honored. The fans would have given him a standing O. But BK lets his stubbornness rule over everything in his life. Sad!

Reactions: IndyAuthor
I also don't understand why he is still so pissed off. He basically didn't give a rat's behind the last six or seven years he was at IU, anyways.
The public wasn't privy to exactly how it all regressed between the administration and Knight, so yes, it is difficult to understand why Knight is so pissed off. To say "he basically didn't give a rat's behind the last six or seven years" is not true. He was quoted as saying that he was especially looking forward to seeing what that last team of his could do...the one with Jared Jeffries, et. al. that Mike Davis inherited. Also, had Knight not been canned he would have had Sean May for several years and that would have been a nice nucleus to build around and I your perceived "not caring at all" attitude would certainly not be valid. It's not that IU wasn't winning a bunch of games, it really was all about not making the deep tournament runs that he got us accustomed to.

Maybe you're right, Knight was such a genius that he was one of the few coaches who could STILL routinely make the tournament even though he quite giving a rat's ass.

Reactions: moneyadvisor
But BK lets his stubbornness rule over everything in his life. Sad!

Again, RMK has always lived his life according to one set of rules: his own. He has decided he doesn't want anything more to do with Indiana University. So what? Why are so many people bothered by decisions that don't affect anyone but him. "For the players" well they are all grown men, they don't need RMK to hold their hand at a ceremony.

Reactions: abraxis
I stuck with him for years but he lost me when he went to W Laffy rather than the 76 Team Honorarium.

I don't care who he wants to be president or who he wants dead but I do draw the line at his essentially spitting on all his players and our fans by pulling that West Laffy stunt.

Feel the same about Dakich and his standing on the Ohio State sideline routine.

Screw em both. They're no longer a part of IU to me.

I've moved on and have lost all respect for both of them.

Reactions: Mr.IU and JARRODH
The public wasn't privy to exactly how it all regressed between the administration and Knight, so yes, it is difficult to understand why Knight is so pissed off. To say "he basically didn't give a rat's behind the last six or seven years" is not true. He was quoted as saying that he was especially looking forward to seeing what that last team of his could do...the one with Jared Jeffries, et. al. that Mike Davis inherited. Also, had Knight not been canned he would have had Sean May for several years and that would have been a nice nucleus to build around and I your perceived "not caring at all" attitude would certainly not be valid. It's not that IU wasn't winning a bunch of games, it really was all about not making the deep tournament runs that he got us accustomed to.

Maybe you're right, Knight was such a genius that he was one of the few coaches who could STILL routinely make the tournament even though he quite giving a rat's ass.
RMK basically stopped recruiting after Alan Henderson and Brian Evans and spent most of his time hunting and fishing. If you aren't all in, you are all out: Knight sure as heck wasn't all in. Knight even admitted he should have stepped down well before he was fired. Knight trotted out many sub par players and players that didn't fit during the end of the 90's: this was the main reason for the uncharacteristic performances. Knight's failure to solidify the front line killed IU in 1993 when Henderson went down.

Interestingly, he did have a resurgence towards the end and put together a contending roster. Whether it was a fluke or RMK giving a "rat's behind" again, who knows.

Honestly, Knight needs to go to a head doctor and get his problems under control: way overdue.

^^^^ Apparent collegiate 9-5'er who never worked their dik in the ground over something besides working for the man.

That made me laugh out loud and I'm sitting in a room all by myself. I do wonder what Tim does with his life now. Did Pat's team make it to the tournament this year? ;)
Pat Knight was fired years ago in case you didn't know. Currently he is a Pacers scout.

Is this true?

Anyone going?

I hope he is booed out of BHSN. I think the stranglehold Knight and his people had on the university is close to ending, if it hasnt already. I was 10 years old when Knight was fired, dont remember much about him. My generation wants their own IU memories and doesnt give a damn about that bitter old man.

Make America great again.
Why wasn't my son considered for the coaching position?
Players need to be loyal only to me.
People I wish were dead.
I love of all of you fans who came to hear me for 25 bucks.

lol. that insanity was also why he was so good at his job for so long. i'm really trying to appreciate the whole person but he does make it hard.

The whole idea of "standing up to him, face to face" brings back memories. I recall going to the tip-off luncheons at the Convention Center in Indy. Knight would speak about the upcoming season and players. After his speech, audience members (IU supporters that paid to attend) would have the opportunity to get up and ask questions "face to face". Every year there would be at least one person who was basically verbally abused for asking a "stupid" question or not knowing anything. I wonder how many of them ever attended again. I know it got to a point where I'd had enough of the attitude and would have no interest in hearing him speak again.

(and no, I never was one of those who were invited to ask a question)

I hope he is booed out of BHSN. I think the stranglehold Knight and his people had on the university is close to ending, if it hasnt already. I was 10 years old when Knight was fired, dont remember much about him. My generation wants their own IU memories and doesnt give a damn about that bitter old man.

In the running for the sorriest post I've ever read on these boards...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT