ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Hunter conversation

I think the question to ask him is:

"Obviously talent is important but in the Big Ten there is talent on every team. What do you need to do to help Indiana be at the top of the standings on a regular basis? What differentiates a good team from a great team and what role do assistants play in that process"

That's my question. Bunch of fluff nonsense internet sportswriters asking powder puff b.s..

Thank you for posting the link.

Reactions: snowling
I think the question to ask him is:

"Obviously talent is important but in the Big Ten there is talent on every team. What do you need to do to help Indiana be at the top of the standings on a regular basis? What differentiates a good team from a great team and what role do assistants play in that process"

That's my question. Bunch of fluff nonsense internet sportswriters asking powder puff b.s..

Thank you for posting the link.

Cut them some slack. It's an introductory press conference for a new Asst Coach. They're always love fests. They want to establish good relations and rapport so maybe in the future they can have a good relationship and get answers when there really is something substantive to ask tough questions about. And, you'd do exactly the same thing if you were a sportswriter.

I did not think tr32 was asking negative or inflammatory questions. I thought they were well thought out questions that could have been a great read.

I did not think tr32 was asking negative or inflammatory questions. I thought they were well thought out questions that could have been a great read.

They were great questions and not inflammatory, but he was being critical of the questions the sportswriters there did ask. As I pointed out, this was an introductory press conference to basically introduce the new assistant to the media. They're only really going to ask sort of superficial "softball" type questions, until the coach has some experience in his new position. I just don't think it's fair to be real critcal of questions sportswriters do or don't ask in that format. They're going to be easy ones, and intentionally not tougher until they have some familiarity with the coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT