ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Hart...

Coach Hart is a great recruiter and seems to do a very good job evaluating talent. Name schools have come after him and I expect more will as time goes by. I hope he loves the environment at IU and the love of developing IU into a power in the B1G but he did pursue the job at ND.

Seems like his path could be like that of his predecessor who's now in the NFL. But he does seem to have a good gig now, with a staff he seems to work well with, another "title" and sure a pay bump, and sometimes, if you're family is happy and you feel satisfied, there is no shame in staying in a good situation!

Lucky to have him, but at some point over the next few years he will probably move on, that's just the nature of the coaching business.

Either as HC at another college program, NFL assistant, or RB coach at a blue blood program.

We must be taking good care of that guy...seems like he does a helluva job.

Those with more football knowledge I'd like to have your opinion.
CTA made him Assistant Head Coach. He's the number 2 guy administratively. Coach Hart is prepping for a Head Coaching job and CTA is positioning him to get ready. Anyone have different info?
Respectfully,

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
CTA made him Assistant Head Coach. He's the number 2 guy administratively. Coach Hart is prepping for a Head Coaching job and CTA is positioning him to get ready. Anyone have different info?
Respectfully,

That sounds right and hopefully they discussed Hart staying until it was a great opportunity to leave and until then, he wouldn't make a lateral move. I have no insight but if Allen helping him develop for that, which is great, what he should do, then hopefully Hart's side of the bargain is to stay as long as he can until that happens. Win/Win

I'm kinda' surprised he's still here, tbh. You'd think he would have been swooped up by now, DC was, & Hart has done just as well, imo. He hasn't had the successful backs that DC did, but he's had less to work with, & I love his recruiting chops. He connects well with kids, obviously.

Coaches move on and as coach Allen showed with most changes he can bring in another coach that is just as good. I hope Hart stays for a few years but understand wanting to move up.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT