ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cig Pre Game Interview

aajohn2000

All-American
Apr 12, 2012
North Carolina
Die anyone catch the pre game sideline interview with Coach?

….”Well that’s what winning does. Winning puts people in the ****ing stands”.

I don’t care for the language and particularly on live television. Following that statement the Interview ends and he jogs to the IU sideline. It was abundantly clear to me that he had this team ready to play. Amazing what he has done for the program. Almost like a modern day Knight in football. Dude is a winner and doesn’t give a sh*t what anyone thinks or says. Determined to win. Google him!

Last edited:

I don’t care for the language and particularly on live television. Following that statement the Interview ends and he jogs to the IU sideline. It was abundantly clear to me that he had this team ready to play. Amazing what he has done for the program. Almost like a modern day Knight in football. Dude is a winner and doesn’t give a sh*t what anyone things or says. Determined to win. Google him!
Yeah I saw how they muted that out. So well that I think most didn't even recognize he said it. As for the language, I don't get how in 2024 we still consider some words that have no demeaning connotation to anything or anyone, as "bad" when used as an adjective to add emphasis.

In either case, Cig then paused, said "I think we're going to play really well today" and ended the interview by just turning and walking away. Lmao 🤣

I don’t care for the language and particularly on live television. Following that statement the Interview ends and he jogs to the IU sideline. It was abundantly clear to me that he had this team ready to play. Amazing what he has done for the program. Almost like a modern day Knight in football. Dude is a winner and doesn’t give a sh*t what anyone things or says. Determined to win. Google him!

I guarantee you we'll end up hearing from someone who uses that word, and greatly expands on it, later in the season from at least one or two coaches out there who are being asked repeated inane questions from sideline reporters...

As soon as they catch one of them having a really bad day during one of those mid-game mini-interviews they're almost certain to get more than they bargained for...

Whoever dreamed that little reporting tibit up needs to rethink it... Almost had to have been a TV exec looking for more work for his girlfriend...

His comment to conclude the interview was simply “We’re going to play well”. Prophetic, if not understated.
Yes. I love the confidence and it’s extremely evident it’s not wishful thinking when he says it. He is clearly in full control of the team and very well connected to the teams progression and preparation. The team was ready and it showed on the field and the final score. Man it’s fun to have a good football team!

Yeah I saw how they muted that out. So well that I think most didn't even recognize he said it. As for the language, I don't get how in 2024 we still consider some words that have no demeaning connotation to anything or anyone, as "bad" when used as an adjective to add emphasis.

In either case, Cig then paused, said "I think we're going to play really well today" and ended the interview by just turning and walking away. Lmao 🤣
Yes. I loved the end. It was simple. To the point. Confident. And prophetic. A pseudo Cig dropping the mic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT