ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cal and UK trying to get one over again!

YOTHN

All-American
Jun 20, 2014
Louisville Coach Mack wants to play at a neutral site this year since its a pandemic and no crowds are allowed inside. Its a rivalry game where home court advantage is a big deal in comparison to other random out of conference games. So their contract calls for Louisville this year and at UK next year. Suddenly Cal wants campus games to remain and will not do a neutral site. This gives UK a drastic advantage of being able to play at an empty KFC Arena this year and then have Louisville travel to Rupp to play in a packed arena next year. Now Cal says he hopes him not budging doesn't result in ending the series. He is a fool!

His excuse is he still has ND coming to town. Yeah, because ND is very likely to beat UK 🙄

Reactions: 76-1 and jimmygoiu
Louisville Coach Mack wants to play at a neutral site this year since its a pandemic and no crowds are allowed inside. Its a rivalry game where home court advantage is a big deal in comparison to other random out of conference games. So their contract calls for Louisville this year and at UK next year. Suddenly Cal wants campus games to remain and will not do a neutral site. This gives UK a drastic advantage of being able to play at an empty KFC Arena this year and then have Louisville travel to Rupp to play in a packed arena next year. Now Cal says he hopes him not budging doesn't result in ending the series. He is a fool!

His excuse is he still has ND coming to town. Yeah, because ND is very likely to beat UK 🙄
Be ready for the "real" IU fans to be here soon to defend Cal. :D

Actually, what Cal said was that this season UK will have home games with few fans, and that UL will have home games with few fans, so it makes no sense to single out the UK/UL game for special treatment. Makes sense to me.

I'm still trying to figure out why he hasn't racked up multiple titles at UK with all these NBA stars shining so brightly. Why are they underachieving at the NCAA level. Only KAT has won a ROY. Seems they need deprogrammed then they turn into big stars after a couple years of real development in the NBA. Yetr we hear Cal got this guy and that guy to the NBA when they likely would of landed there anyway had there been 0 and dones allowed

I'm still trying to figure out why he hasn't racked up multiple titles at UK with all these NBA stars shining so brightly. Why are they underachieving at the NCAA level. Only KAT has won a ROY. Seems they need deprogrammed then they turn into big stars after a couple years of real development in the NBA. Yetr we hear Cal got this guy and that guy to the NBA when they likely would of landed there anyway had there been 0 and dones allowed
His only championship came from the clutch efforts of an upperclassmen Billy Clyde recruit.

Real development in the NBA? Underachieving at the NCAA level? IU fans live so deeply in your fantasy world, I don't think you could find your way out if you tried.

Reactions: Deli owl
His only championship came from the clutch efforts of an upperclassmen Billy Clyde recruit.
His only championship came partly from the clutch efforts of an upperclassmen Billy Clyde recruit. Reality doesn't change because you want it to.

Reactions: Deli owl
Actually, what Cal said was that this season UK will have home games with few fans, and that UL will have home games with few fans, so it makes no sense to single out the UK/UL game for special treatment. Makes sense to me.
[/QUOTE

Cal when playing IU....."games must be on a neutral court! I won't play on campus"

Cal when playing Louisville..."games must be on campus, I won't play on a neutral court"

That is literally what I said. But to pause the game in a neutral site this year is the ONLY thing that makes sense. Stop justifying the nonsense as you typically do.

I only intervene with the truth when you try to pull UK into the fantasy world you have constructed to shield you from reality.
Like this truth here?

Like this truth here?
Don't know what you are referring to, but comparing IU's coach to UV's coach is the most boring thing I can think of.

Don't know what you are referring to, but comparing IU's coach to UV's coach is the most boring thing I can think of.

Would indicate that you lack imagination as well as grammatical skill. For one claiming an allegiance to what is 'real', consider that trolling epitomizes "boring", not just in terms of what it says about your life, but particularly when done with so little skill/wit.

To come so far and only hollow to show for it. Rave on.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
You obviously don't know what literally means.

Good comeback. You obviously don't know what a whiney coach Cal is. He's afraid to play on campuses vs IU and needs neutral site games but then when Louisville asks for the same thing, Cal cries. UK is weak.

Would indicate that you lack imagination as well as grammatical skill. For one claiming an allegiance to what is 'real', consider that trolling epitomizes "boring", not just in terms of what it says about your life, but particularly when done with so little skill/wit.

You’re lecturing someone regarding “grammatical skill”? Oh, the irony.

Click on it - it’s called a link.

It will take you back to the claim you made that “UK / BBN didn’t think Cal was crooked”. But, again, 1toothfeller, truth is something you’ve proven to have difficulty with.

It will take you back to the claim you made that “UK / BBN didn’t think Cal was crooked”. But, again, 1toothfeller, truth is something you’ve proven to have difficulty with.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy

I'll just assume there's an insult in there somewhere.

Good comeback. You obviously don't know what a whiney coach Cal is. He's afraid to play on campuses vs IU and needs neutral site games but then when Louisville asks for the same thing, Cal cries. UK is weak.
Yum isn't on campus, but disregarding that, what it shows is that Cal isn't afraid to play home and home against anyone, with the sole exception of IU, which has shown it cannot control the obnoxious behavior of IU fans.

Try to make your point without asking me to follow a link. And as for truth, IU fans can't handle the truth about your basketball program. I feel cruel saying that, but sometimes truth is that way.

Try to make your point without asking me to follow a link. And as for truth, IU fans can't handle the truth about your basketball program. I feel cruel saying that, but sometimes truth is that way.
Translation: I was wrong in the other thread, we REALLY DID believe Calipari was slimy in 2007 when we thought we were gonna get Donovan.

Be ready for the "real" IU fans to be here soon to defend Cal. :D

I'm squarely an IU fan and I don't think this is a big deal at all,nor something they should change. They have a contract in place, and as Cal pointed out: ALL non-neutral site games this year will be very different and a disadvantage for whoever's "home" turn is up this year in a series. If you have a problem with Cal not granting this, then I assume you think every game on-campus game should be moved to a neutral site? I don't like UK, but this isn't a big deal the way I see it.

Reactions: Birnk403
Yum isn't on campus, but disregarding that, what it shows is that Cal isn't afraid to play home and home against anyone, with the sole exception of IU, which has shown it cannot control the obnoxious behavior of IU fans.

Aww, is snowflake still mad about losing to IU at Assembly Hall? Or are you more mad that the last time we played we beat you at a neutral site? Surprised Cal hasn't asked to move the game to the moon.

I'm squarely an IU fan and I don't think this is a big deal at all,nor something they should change. They have a contract in place, and as Cal pointed out: ALL non-neutral site games this year will be very different and a disadvantage for whoever's "home" turn is up this year in a series. If you have a problem with Cal not granting this, then I assume you think every game on-campus game should be moved to a neutral site? I don't like UK, but this isn't a big deal the way I see it.

If they played at each place, agreed. Unfortunately for non-conference RIVALRY games, its different. There is a big advantage to having a home crowd and you sign deals that are multi year so that both have an equal opportunity to provide that. This year isn't in the cards so rightfully so they asked to move it to a neutral site due to COVID. It doesn't hurt UK but Cal knows he can get one over by taking advantage of the pandemic. You are comparing a game vs some sad team like ND to Louisville. Its simply not the same and pretending to be ignorant to that is on you.

If they played at each place, agreed. Unfortunately for non-conference RIVALRY games, its different. There is a big advantage to having a home crowd and you sign deals that are multi year so that both have an equal opportunity to provide that. This year isn't in the cards so rightfully so they asked to move it to a neutral site due to COVID. It doesn't hurt UK but Cal knows he can get one over by taking advantage of the pandemic. You are comparing a game vs some sad team like ND to Louisville. Its simply not the same and pretending to be ignorant to that is on you.
No, I don't think it is. It doesn't matter who it is, it changes the dynamic of any home/home series. Even in conference games, this year's home team expected to have a home advantage they no longer do, and I don't see how that's any less fair. The bottom line is life isn't fair. This is an advantage to whoever isn't home this year, but it will be that way throughout all non-neutral site games this year for every team. That's just how it is; move on. Dumb to think you'd have to move every on campus game for this year. I think this was just your attempt to take a swipe at Cal. There are many legit reasons to do so; but imho, this isn't one.

ADVERTISEMENT