ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cal and UK trying to get one over again!

Yum isn't on campus, but disregarding that, what it shows is that Cal isn't afraid to play home and home against anyone, with the sole exception of IU, which has shown it cannot control the obnoxious behavior of IU fans.
1toothfeller, UK fans are the most obnoxious fans I've ever encountered. One simple example of many I could give is that I've never been to a UofL game not involving UK when I didn't encounter some UK fans demonstrating their obnoxiousness by being there in full UK fan gear to root against UofL while they played UNC, or Syracuse, or Duke, or anyone they're playing. That's pure douchebaggery. I'm an IU grad and fan, but my sister's family are UofL fans and I go to a few games a year with them. I don't wear IU stuff or cheer for the other team when I do, that would be obnoxious behavior. Now when they play IU, I cheer for IU (respectfully) and they cheer for UofL. That's what non-douchebag fans do at games.

Real development in the NBA? Underachieving at the NCAA level? IU fans live so deeply in your fantasy world, I don't think you could find your way out if you tried.
Toothless douche. Cal clearly underachieves based on the talent he brings in. GTFOH. Ur a UK lurker that can go bye bye

remember when IU fans could talk basketball? now they’ve fallen so far down into the corn fields they only have teeth jokes, spare me the tooth jokes corn folks. Since 1992 UK has 3 titles 8 final fours and 2 runner ups, IU on the other hand has 1 final four, 0 titles and 1 elite 8 as well as one runner up. Quote this and call me a one tooth idiot or a cousin lover do what you have to do to make yourself feel better about your program.

remember when IU fans could talk basketball? now they’ve fallen so far down into the corn fields they only have teeth jokes, spare me the tooth jokes corn folks. Since 1992 UK has 3 titles 8 final fours and 2 runner ups, IU on the other hand has 1 final four, 0 titles and 1 elite 8 as well as one runner up. Quote this and call me a one tooth idiot or a cousin lover do what you have to do to make yourself feel better about your program.

Sure - I’ll call you a “one tooth idiot” and a “cousin lover“. But, truly, your teeth (or lack thereof) has zero to do with you being an idiot.

And you’re on an Indiana basketball website trying to tell us how “superior” UK basketball is. Guess you do what you have to do to make yourself feel better, huh?

Yes, dark days for IU fans. I expect us to compete for a BT title this year but.......

it’s certainly likely that IU has won our last national championship.

We can throw stones at UKs 8 final fours, but the fact is that IU may never go to another one.

We can also poke fun at the pUKe fans and say all their accomplishments are because they hired a cheater coach, but let’s face it, IU tried the same and fell flat on our face.

I honestly don’t know why any Hoosier fan would even care about U.K.? I don’t live in IN and don’t don’t a single wildcat fan. Now that we aren’t playing them like we used to, I don’t even consider it much of a rivalry anymore. living in B10 country i feel a greater rivalry between any conference team. Now, if I lived in southern IN and had a bunch of friends and relatives that were U.K. fans I’m sure I’d feel differently.

As it is I’m more focused on the B10 and our talented and experienced team’s prospects this year. Maybe we even sweep the boilers for once.

Reactions: RunninRichie
We can also poke fun at the pUKe fans and say all their accomplishments are because they hired a cheater coach, but let’s face it, IU tried the same and fell flat on our face.

“Cheater coach”?

Ok - let’s compare:

Sampson - Cited for disregarding recruiting rules, most of which don’t exist today. No improper inducements or benefits - involving the coach or players - are involved.

Calipari - Has had two Final Fours vacated. Had allegations of $100,000 being given to a recruit (Anthony Davis) and the academic record of another (Eric Bledsoe) being high scrutinized as to how he was admitted to UK.

Ever heard the phrase “Apples & Oranges”? It applies here . . .

and yet, here you are!

“Cheater coach”?

Ok - let’s compare:

Sampson - Cited for disregarding recruiting rules, most of which don’t exist today. No improper inducements or benefits - involving the coach or players - are involved.

Calipari - Has had two Final Fours vacated. Had allegations of $100,000 being given to a recruit (Anthony Davis) and the academic record of another (Eric Bledsoe) being high scrutinized as to how he was admitted to UK.

Ever heard the phrase “Apples & Oranges”? It applies here . . .
Just so we’re sure you’re being factual, can you list each of the ncaa violations Calipari has been found guilty of? If you can’t or won’t, just say so. But I’m sure you’ll quickly be able to do so. Thanks.

Just so we’re sure you’re being factual, can you list each of the ncaa violations Calipari has been found guilty of? If you can’t or won’t, just say so. But I’m sure you’ll quickly be able to do so. Thanks.
Was anything I stated incorrect? Yes, or no?

Toothless douche. Cal clearly underachieves based on the talent he brings in. GTFOH. Ur a UK lurker that can go bye bye
Cal is keeping UK at the top of the college basketball universe. I know that drives you insane, but you really need to try to find a way to live with it. I only reply to comments about UK, so stop commenting and I'll stop replying. But you really can't can you.

1toothfeller, UK fans are the most obnoxious fans I've ever encountered. One simple example of many I could give is that I've never been to a UofL game not involving UK when I didn't encounter some UK fans demonstrating their obnoxiousness by being there in full UK fan gear to root against UofL while they played UNC, or Syracuse, or Duke, or anyone they're playing. That's pure douchebaggery. I'm an IU grad and fan, but my sister's family are UofL fans and I go to a few games a year with them. I don't wear IU stuff or cheer for the other team when I do, that would be obnoxious behavior. Now when they play IU, I cheer for IU (respectfully) and they cheer for UofL. That's what non-douchebag fans do at games.
An IU fan lecturing other fans on proper behavior is the definition of hypocrisy. Your narrative sounds like another fantasy IU fans tell about themselves in order to escape the real world.

So, are you unable to answer the question or simply unwilling? It seemed simple enough that I hoped it wouldn't be difficult. Please answer, or let us know why you can’t or won’t. Thanks.
Again, anything there incorrect?

Calipari might not have faced violations. But who you allow around your program is on you if those associations contribute to sanctions/scrutiny. Would think someone as astute as you make yourself out to be would understand that concept, as opposed to having to have 3-dimensional instructions written on your toilet paper so you can wipe your backside. ;)

An IU fan lecturing other fans on proper behavior is the definition of hypocrisy. Your narrative sounds like another fantasy IU fans tell about themselves in order to escape the real world.
1toothfeller - click that link yet? Or are you scared of that straw man you built?

Again, anything there incorrect?

Calipari might not have faced violations. But who you allow around your program is on you if those associations contribute to sanctions/scrutiny. Would think someone as astute as you make yourself out to be would understand that concept, as opposed to having to have 3-dimensional instructions written on your toilet paper so you can wipe your backside. ;)
So, were you lying when you called him a cheater, or just completely ignorant? And speaking of the company you keep, why do you think Archie Miller holds him in such high esteem? Please try to provide factual answers this time, if you’re able.

It’s not a fantasy, it’s a fact. UK fans are the most obnoxious I’ve ever encountered. You are one of them. What are you doing on an IU site? Pure douchebaggery.

So, were you lying when you called him a cheater, or just completely ignorant? And speaking of the company you keep, why do you think Archie Miller holds him in such high esteem? Please try to provide factual answers this time, if you’re able.
I didn’t call him a cheater.

I DID list the things each had occur under their respective programs.

High esteem? Because they both come the same area of Pennsylvania? Because John Miller coached Calipari? Fact: Miller does not run his program the same as the guy he (so you say) holds in “high esteem”, does he?

I didn’t call him a cheater.

I DID list the things each had occur under their respective programs.

High esteem? Because they both come the same area of Pennsylvania? Because John Miller coached Calipari? Fact: Miller does not run his program the same as the guy he (so you say) holds in “high esteem”, does he?
So, you were explicitly telling the other poster that Calipari is not a cheater, as you’re now saying (since you were distinguishing him from Sampson, a known cheater)? Interesting reversal on your part. And, it’s obvious by the dismal results that Miller doesn’t run his program like Calipari, the coach whom he greatly admires. I think everyone knows that. Your point with this superfluous information?

So, you were explicitly telling the other poster that Calipari is not a cheater, as you’re now saying (since you were distinguishing him from Sampson, a known cheater)? Interesting reversal on your part.
I never said Calipari is a cheater. The other poster did.

But both have the reputation as being cheaters. Right or wrong, they do. And programs that each have been responsible for have had NCAA sanctions; in Calipari’s case, those have resulted at minimum by allowing certain people to be associated with the program.

Again, this does not take a quantum physics degree to understand. Everyone knows you’re a troll, Ordy, but you’re really slipping.

And, it’s obvious by the dismal results that Miller doesn’t run his program like Calipari, the coach whom he greatly admires. I think everyone knows that. Your point with this superfluous information?

Wow - big word Ordy! We’re impressed!!:rolleyes:

Given what Miller inherited and the style he likes to play, the results have been somewhat understandable - although not up to what fans want. If he held Calipari in such high esteem, why hasn’t he tried to turn IU into a OAD factory?

I never said Calipari is a cheater. The other poster did.

But both have the reputation as being cheaters. Right or wrong, they do. And programs that each have been responsible for have had NCAA sanctions; in Calipari’s case, those have resulted at minimum by allowing certain people to be associated with the program.

Again, this does not take a quantum physics degree to understand. Everyone knows you’re a troll, Ordy, but you’re really slipping.

Wow - big word Ordy! We’re impressed!!:rolleyes:

Given what Miller inherited and the style he likes to play, the results have been somewhat understandable - although not up to what fans want. If he held Calipari in such high esteem, why hasn’t he tried to turn IU into a OAD factory?
Backing weakly away from your cheater allegations against Calipari is funny, if typical. Is that what you meant by “apples and oranges”? Lol. That you now cave to “reputation” issues shows how soft you are with actual facts, but that’s all on you. And love how you get rattled because your arguments fall apart and then predictably resort to the Ordy garbage. It’s your tap out, and it’s as predictable as an eastern sunrise. As always, I’m happy to let you up, though. You’re welcome.

As for Miller, he inherited enough to be over .500 in the Big Ten after three seasons, even though that performance is now accepted by many. And believing that Miller doesn’t hold Calipari in high esteem only proves how little you know. GSM. Lol.

Oh, and another thread ruined (there’s a phony poster here who loves to make that false proclamation).

Who tapped out?

Please show where I called Calipari a cheater. Can’t wait for this . . .;)
You’re nothing if disingenuous. “What, who me?” You wisely tapped. Have enough backbone to stand by your beliefs. You look positively cowardly otherwise.

You’re nothing if disingenuous. “What, who me?” You wisely tapped. Have enough backbone to stand by your beliefs. You look positively cowardly otherwise.

Where did I say Calipari was a cheater? Show where I stated that - not your “interpretation”, but the actual quote of my words.

You can’t. And you know you can’t.

Superfluous and Disingenuous. Two words that fit you perfectly. No wonder you use them.

Where did I say Calipari was a cheater? Show where I stated that - not your “interpretation”, but the actual quote of my words.

You can’t. And you know you can’t.

Superfluous and Disingenuous. Two words that fit you perfectly. No wonder you use them.
Disingenuous, as usual. You wisely tapped for a good reason.

Lol - you tapped out by not showing where I said that Calipari is a cheater. You only want to yap to deflect from that - as usual.
You know exactly what you were saying when you contrasted Cal with Sampson. “Disingenuous” is the perfect word to describe you. You tapped for a very good reason. Stay down.

You know exactly what you were saying when you contrasted Cal with Sampson.

Yes, I do.

You tried to interpret that as I said Calipario was a cheater - which I never did. Now, you'll continue yapping as a tapout since you can't show that I said that. Carry on . . .

Yes, I do.

You tried to interpret that as I said Calipario was a cheater - which I never did. Now, you'll continue yapping as a tapout since you can't show that I said that. Carry on . . .
Disingenuous. You referenced two programs on probation because you were trying to show he’s not a cheater? Lol. You look like a fool because your only aim is to pick fights. Yet another thread ruined by you.

You look like a fool because your only aim is to pick fights.

Kettle, meet pot.

Yet another thread ruined by you.

As many as you’ve ruined, you should know.

Continue with your tapping out - it’s so obvious what you’re attempting to do. You were caught accusing me of something you can’t back up, as usual. And, as usual, you’ll continue to deflect away from that fact. Carry on, Ordy.

Kettle, meet pot.

As many as you’ve ruined, you should know.

Continue with your tapping out - it’s so obvious what you’re attempting to do. You were caught accusing me of something you can’t back up, as usual. And, as usual, you’ll continue to deflect away from that fact. Carry on, Ordy.
Disingenuous, as usual. You’re here to pick fights, you constantly equivocate, you try to wiggle out of your positions . . . You look like a fool. Oh, and you ruin threads because of this. Go away. You’re a huge detriment to this place.

Looking in the mirror again, eh?

Found that quote where I said Calipari was a cheater yet?
You tapped, for good reason. You look like a fool for trying to wiggle out now. Disingenuous. Another thread ruined because you’re here to pick fights, since you can’t talk hoops.

ADVERTISEMENT