ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cal and UK trying to get one over again!

No, I don't think it is. It doesn't matter who it is, it changes the dynamic of any home/home series. Even in conference games, this year's home team expected to have a home advantage they no longer do, and I don't see how that's any less fair. The bottom line is life isn't fair. This is an advantage to whoever isn't home this year, but it will be that way throughout all non-neutral site games this year for every team. That's just how it is; move on. Dumb to think you'd have to move every on campus game for this year. I think this was just your attempt to take a swipe at Cal. There are many legit reasons to do so; but imho, this isn't one.

Let me repeat. You are not to move every campus game. Listen and I will say it again. You do not have to move every campus game.......still. As I have been saying. I am hoping you read that this time and not repeat that same nonsense.

This is strictly around a non-conference rivalry game where the home/away contracts have considerable more meaning to them. Putting it at a neutral site keeps things even. Saying "Life isn't fair" could be used at literally ANY thing as a justification; however, there are opportunities such as going to a neutral site this year that then makes life fair. Hence the reason Coach Mack suggested it. UK could still keep their home game next year and for all intents and purposes, it moves what would be a neutral game 2 years from now, to the home game that would've taken place this year. To pretend that is not fair or disadvantageous to anyone is a straw house argument.

Let me repeat. You are not to move every campus game. Listen and I will say it again. You do not have to move every campus game.......still. As I have been saying. I am hoping you read that this time and not repeat that same nonsense.

This is strictly around a non-conference rivalry game where the home/away contracts have considerable more meaning to them. Putting it at a neutral site keeps things even. Saying "Life isn't fair" could be used at literally ANY thing as a justification; however, there are opportunities such as going to a neutral site this year that then makes life fair. Hence the reason Coach Mack suggested it. UK could still keep their home game next year and for all intents and purposes, it moves what would be a neutral game 2 years from now, to the home game that would've taken place this year. To pretend that is not fair or disadvantageous to anyone is a straw house argument.
All right, I gotcha. So not conference games and only the "big game' non-conference games as determined by YOTHN? So, not ND... but yes to Lville. It's a fine request to make if you're the Coach who gets the "no fans" game, just as it's fine, imo, to turn it down if you're the other coach. Sit back and watch how many of these games get changed this year and then you can have a gripe with every coach/program who refuses to move it, which in all likelihood, will be all of them.

wow, already into the second page of this thread and not one meme with a burning couch. We're slipping....
That was a close one. Thanks for keeping it real.

PAUQyY4.jpg

But it does have a couple of UK obsessed posters looking awfully desperate for a Monday morning. Who knew Cal lived rent free in their little minds?
honestly I couldn't give 2 shits about UK, they aren't on the schedule. Aside from any recruiting news, their program means little more to me than Utah State. But I do love seeing drunken spoiled kids burning furniture that their parents bought them.

Reactions: kkott and .Gerdis
All right, I gotcha. So not conference games and only the "big game' non-conference games as determined by YOTHN? So, not ND... but yes to Lville. It's a fine request to make if you're the Coach who gets the "no fans" game, just as it's fine, imo, to turn it down if you're the other coach. Sit back and watch how many of these games get changed this year and then you can have a gripe with every coach/program who refuses to move it, which in all likelihood, will be all of them.

No, just rare rivalry games. This is pretty simple stuff, I was hoping you would be able to keep up. IU doesn't really have any on their schedule as most other teams don't. The ones that do have rivalry games like that are typically at neutral sites to begin with. Its a simple fix that can easily be accommodated and not hurt anyone yet as typical, Cal wants only what benefits him.

honestly I couldn't give 2 shits about UK, they aren't on the schedule. Aside from any recruiting news, their program means little more to me than Utah State. But I do love seeing drunken spoiled kids burning furniture that their parents bought them.
Oh, I know. You’re not one of the obsessed (furniture burning pictures are a highlight), but several others are.

No, just rare rivalry games. This is pretty simple stuff, I was hoping you would be able to keep up. IU doesn't really have any on their schedule as most other teams don't. The ones that do have rivalry games like that are typically at neutral sites to begin with. Its a simple fix that can easily be accommodated and not hurt anyone yet as typical, Cal wants only what benefits him.

I'm keeping up; in fact, I bet I can jump ahead: you really hate Cal and think he's a cheater and so you decide to take a shot at him over something that I believe almost any Coach would do, right? I mean, imagine a Coach trying to give himself a perfectly legal advantage!

Louisville doesn't need UK. They should schedule a rivalry game with Xavier. Go Coach Mack Go.

Always have to watch out for those straw house arguments. Very astute of you to catch it.

But just for my benefit, could you explain the concept of the straw house argument? I would appreciate learning from you.

Wow, have you NEVER heard of the 3 little pigs? I mean I was using a 1st grade analogy due to the educational level of UK fans but apparently I need to go back even further!

Wow, have you NEVER heard of the 3 little pigs? I mean I was using a 1st grade analogy due to the educational level of UK fans but apparently I need to go back even further!
Dude, you started a thread based on a premise that has zero validity. Why not call it a day?

Dude, it's called a straw man argument, not a straw house argument. "Straw House Argument" is not a thing. No one says that. Quit while you're behind. You know you're doing badly when a Kentucky fan is successfully trolling you.

Dude, it's called a straw man argument, not a straw house argument. "Straw House Argument" is not a thing. No one says that. Quit while you're behind. You know you're doing badly when a Kentucky fan is successfully trolling you.

Straw house, straw dog and straw man argument are the exact same thing. Don't be a fool.

But just for my benefit, could you explain the concept of the straw house argument? I would appreciate learning from you.
Go click the link I provided earlier in this thread. It’s all there.;)

EDIT: Click that link yet? Or you’re just scared of being exposed, huh? Most people are when they have no basis of fact to stand on.

Last edited:
Why would any coach go out of their way to help their hated rival? I wouldn’t. That’s kinda what hatred affords. Makes for really good hatred to build. Yum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT