ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Archie Miller's Interviews

BigNutsIUFan

Junior
Mar 10, 2005
Anybody notice that CAM coaching philosphies are complete opposite of Creans. In all his interviews I have heard he has touched on all the subjects that posters were upset with about Crean's teams. Defense will be nasty and effecient, we will be moving on offense, we will work the ball inside to out, we are going to get fouled a lot, the out of conference scheduling will toughen, not going to overrecruit guys. I think the only thing he didnt touch on was turnovers but I'm sure those will go down as well. Fred Glass had to know this was the guy, complete polar opposite of Crean. Wonder if he will be chugging mountain dew instead of diet coke on the sidelines. Talk is cheap though, hopefully he can deliver.

Reactions: MrBing
Anybody notice that CAM coaching philosphies are complete opposite of Creans. In all his interviews I have heard he has touched on all the subjects that posters were upset with about Crean's teams. Defense will be nasty and effecient, we will be moving on offense, we will work the ball inside to out, we are going to get fouled a lot, the out of conference scheduling will toughen, not going to overrecruit guys. I think the only thing he didnt touch on was turnovers but I'm sure those will go down as well. Fred Glass had to know this was the guy, complete polar opposite of Crean. Wonder if he will be chugging mountain dew instead of diet coke on the sidelines. Talk is cheap though, hopefully he can deliver.
Do his pants fit?

Watching Dayton play IMO CAM not only talks the talk, he walks the talk. I'm excited for the new season to get started. May take 2-3 of years for him to bring in a few of his own recruits to get to where he wants them but I'm betting on a different team attitude this next season

Reactions: moneyadvisor
Do his pants fit?

Well I believe I read that CAM's team last year averaged just over 11 turnover's per game. Most coaches take ball protection for granted and a fundamental of the game, so I believe although not mentioned it is a foregone conclusion.

I believe after the IOWA game I read "paraphrasing" that CTC said he was not concerned about the number of turnover's because of the speed at which we played the game. I believe we had 22 that game. I was dumbstruck, not concerned that your team gave the opponent an extra 22 possessions. Fly's in the face of any logic at all.

Well I believe I read that CAM's team last year averaged just over 11 turnover's per game. Most coaches take ball protection for granted and a fundamental of the game, so I believe although not mentioned it is a foregone conclusion.

I believe after the IOWA game I read "paraphrasing" that CTC said he was not concerned about the number of turnover's because of the speed at which we played the game. I believe we had 22 that game. I was dumbstruck, not concerned that your team gave the opponent an extra 22 possessions. Fly's in the face of any logic at all.
AMEN to that. I was just as shocked. Anybody that has coached or played BB with any thought of winning knows that the turnaround of fortune/misfortune on a turnover is every bit as important as the rebounds (which he did preach)
Hard to imagine a coach at any level saying that. And I am not a Crean hater, just his coaching thoughts or non thoughts

Do his pants fit?
Yabbut, that doesn't answer the important question: Do his pants fit?

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Watching Dayton play IMO CAM not only talks the talk, he walks the talk. I'm excited for the new season to get started. May take 2-3 of years for him to bring in a few of his own recruits to get to where he wants them but I'm betting on a different team attitude this next season
This bring in your own players I think is a bit overrated. You bring the best basketball players in and let them adapt to your system.

As far as what I have seen and know about Archie, he will put forth a good, improved basketball product. Things you will see that you haven't been seeing: defense, rebounding (blocking out), accountability, players playing hard, smart, and with an edge, and competent roster management (balanced, consistent classes). I don't see offense being an issue: Archie has had efficient offenses.

I found some old Archie NC State footage, good stuff. Looks like he played with intensity and a chip on his shoulder.

Reactions: BigNutsIUFan
As far as what I have seen and know about Archie, he will put forth a good, improved basketball product. Things you will see that you haven't been seeing: defense, rebounding (blocking out), accountability, players playing hard, smart, and with an edge, and competent roster management (balanced, consistent classes). I don't see offense being an issue: Archie has had efficient offenses.

I found some old Archie NC State footage, good stuff. Looks like he played with intensity and a chip on his shoulder.

Great find Jimbo, what I like about this is Miller is a smaller guy and understands what it takes to compete at the college level so he doesn't take athleticism and size for granted. Exactly one of my complaints about this years team. Most never had to play hard because they were so much more athletic than anyone in high school, that "lazy" mentality carries over to college, especially on defense.

I predict most of our players are not going to like Miller after the first week of practice.

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984

So you're saying he was a short spot-up shooter with range . . . and that's about it? :D

I predict most of our players are not going to like Miller after the first week of practice
This ^^^
If it wasn't Indiana no telling how many of them would be transferring.
I genuinely think Crean spoiled them.
Maybe they have true hidden character under it all though...or maybe they don't, only time will tell

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT