ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Allen on Coach Woodson

hookyIU1990

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
Thought it was a good read about the relationships amongst the coaches too.

Tom Allen, 1-on-1: Former Indiana Kid Thrilled to Have Mike Woodson Come Home.

i'm guessing Tom wouldn't mind borrowing Race for a season.
LOL. Off the top of my head, Quinn Buckner and Cam Cameron were the two guys that played both sports. Knight asked Quinn to stop football and Cam was a bench player for basketball.

good article. I saw kent benson mentioned. Whatever became of him? I don’t see him as part of the iu gang.

good article. I saw kent benson mentioned. Whatever became of him? I don’t see him as part of the iu gang.
Didn't Benson get sideways with IU or the program somehow? Seems like I remember him even attending a game(s?) at Mackey and sort of supporting PU in some fashion? Am I imagining that or did I maybe get a contact high from Cav blazing away this morning?

Didn't Benson get sideways with IU or the program somehow? Seems like I remember him even attending a game(s?) at Mackey and sort of supporting PU in some fashion? Am I imagining that or did I maybe get a contact high from Cav blazing away this morning?
He’s not in great health.

LOL. Off the top of my head, Quinn Buckner and Cam Cameron were the two guys that played both sports. Knight asked Quinn to stop football and Cam was a bench player for basketball.
Buckner started as a true frosh in both sports, something you’re likely to never see again. Cam barely got off the bench in either one.

Reaching back in time-wasn’t Trent Smock a guy who played both sports at IU, at least for a short while?

IIRC, Benson went ballistic over the Sampson hire. Plus, I think he had a daughter who played volleyball at PU. (But I'm not certain about any of this.)

Trent did, but didn't play in games for the basketball team. Quinn Buckner was an outstanding safety for two years on the football team and obviously a starter on the basketball team. I suspect Quinn will probably be the last of the two sport stars.

Antwaan Randle El is the big one you're missing.
There have been others... Ross Hales, for one.
James Hardy played basketball for a year.

Buckner, Cameron, ARE, Hardy, as mentioned.

also, Trent Smock and maybe John Isenbarger.

and didn't a football player fill in on the bball team a few yrs ago as a "big".

that's in my era.

pre my era i'm guessing were several more, including Vern Huffman who was an All American at IU in both football and basketball.

imo football staff wish list,

McGinnis, (could have had a fball scholly at any school he wanted), Van Arsdales, Ken Johnson, (just bball at IU, then started for the Bengals in football), Marco Killingsworth, Xavier Keeling, Haris Mujezinovic, and wasn't Dane Fife a high level QB in HS.

and didn't a football player fill in on the bball team a few yrs ago as a "big".

that's in my era.

pre my era i'm guessing were several more, including Vern Huffman who was an All American at IU in both football and basketball.

McGinnis, (could have had a fball scholly at any school he wanted), Van Arsdales, Ken Johnson, (just bball at IU, then started for the Bengals in football), Marco Killingsworth, Xavier Keeling, Haris Mujezinovic, and wasn't Dane Fife a high level QB in HS.
Levron Williams played basketball for a short time.

that's in my era.

Nice name spelling, impressive.

Neither am I, but I'm not F'N doing that and I believe he did do that without Googling. Must have hated Crean as much as we did.
It was over the Sampson hire, and had nothing to do with Crean. KB is a different sort of guy, though. If you know anyone who encountered him in the club volleyball world, he could be a hand full.

ADVERTISEMENT