ADVERTISEMENT

C'mom we all knew the outcome

I get that, I really do but I think Rob has some useful skills. What he doesn't have right now is confidence. That seems clear to me. PT is likely going to help.

IU needs them both, especially with AF out.

Rob is a Jr. going into the heart of the Big Ten schedule and has not done anything in the last 2 years that makes me believe he will somehow transform into a confident good offensive player. He isn't going to learn how to dribble pass shoot and see the court over night. He is a lost cause and the sooner Archie figure that out the better.

I get that, I really do but I think Rob has some useful skills. What he doesn't have right now is confidence. That seems clear to me. PT is likely going to help.

IU needs them both, especially with AF out.

There's still plenty of time left for Lander to have a productive and potentially stellar career at Indiana. But he lost an entire summer of workouts and conditioning and with a tough non-conference schedule didn't get the appropriate run. But he's a kid that not only looks like a high schooler but plays like a high schooler that should be playing high school ball right now. I realize Archie had to do what he had to do to get him here, but he doesn't belong on the court under any circumstance right now.

There's still plenty of time left for Lander to have a productive and potentially stellar career at Indiana. But he lost an entire summer of workouts and conditioning and with a tough non-conference schedule didn't get the appropriate run. But he's a kid that not only looks like a high schooler but plays like a high schooler that should be playing high school ball right now. I realize Archie had to do what he had to do to get him here, but he doesn't belong on the court under any circumstance right now.

I hope he doesn't transfer until at least having a full summer and fall to prepare. The kid spent more time doing his hair last night than he did playing. I watched him on the bench and he seems like a high school kid having a great time cheering for his team.

Reactions: ericrossiu
I hope he doesn't transfer until at least having a full summer and fall to prepare. The kid spent more time doing his hair last night than he did playing. I watched him on the bench and he seems like a high school kid having a great time cheering for his team.

I get need for immediate success and with the one-time free transfer rule in effect nothing would shock me. But Lander leaving IU for greener pastures doesn't do him any good until he fully develops his body and learns how to play at this speed of the game. It's pretty telling that he can't get minutes ahead of Durham and Phinisee who as upperclassmen have likely reached their ceiling. But he'd be even more buried on the depth chart had he gone to a school like Louisville or Kansas and likely would have for a few years.

Never questioned that IU would ultimately lose this.

After twenty some times, this is why I didn't even watch. I did record it just in the event something crazy happened. It didn't and I deleted the recording. Won't watch again (at Madision) until they get a W up there.....

McHoop

Reactions: Hoosierific
After twenty some times, this is why I didn't even watch. I did record it just in the event something crazy happened. It didn't and I deleted the recording. Won't watch again (at Madision) until they get a W up there.....

McHoop

I am a Doubting Thomas as well.....will believe it when I see it. But I will say there were a couple moments last night when I thought "son of a bitch, we're really going to win this". Each time, that feeling went away in about 20 seconds. Wisconsin (and the refs) were amazing at answering the bell.

Then there was a 3 by Hunter with a little over a minute left (I think in the 1st OT) when we were already 2 points ahead. If that goes, we win the game, pure & simple. It looked good, but of course it didn't go in. We are cursed up there.

were amazing at answering the bell.

IU doesn't currently do that....

I'm not sure there is a single player on the team right now who says to themselves "we got this." And that isn't easy to instill in a team. I know because I suffered through four years of a losing team mentality in school. You know.... "well, here we go again."....

Conversely, my youngest was on a team in junior high that was just the opposite. It was crazy how often they snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Teen girls. They just knew they were going to pull out the win.

McHoop

Reactions: Cavanagh
ADVERTISEMENT