ADVERTISEMENT

C'mom we all knew the outcome

They fought hard. We are young. We are without Franklin and Brunk. Wisky has seniors and 24 year olds. Give our kids a break. With all that has gone on in the US lately this is a bright spot. We have Freshman out there . Sick of negativity here.

They fought hard. We are young. We are without Franklin and Brunk. Wisky has seniors and 24 year olds. Give our kids a break. With all that has gone on in the US lately this is a bright spot. We have Freshman out there . Sick of negativity here.

What in the world does IU losing a basketball game have to do with what's going on in the US?!

Reactions: Radio Zero
They’re 5-4 in OT games under Archie. Three of them away from Assembly. Make sure the ropes long enough.
Ok, ok. IU is a great team, much better than Wisconsin. I bet IU wins the Big Ten, heck maybe a national championship! Is that better? I wasn't knocking IU's play tonight, they did much better than I thought they would. I was just saying I knew when it went to OT, they would lose. Guess what, they did. We don't have a Trice and that's the difference.

Ok, ok. IU is a great team, much better than Wisconsin. I bet IU wins the Big Ten, heck maybe a national championship! Is that better? I wasn't knocking IU's play tonight, they did much better than I thought they would. I was just saying I knew when it went to OT, they would lose. Guess what, they did. We don't have a Trice and that's the difference.

You said they suck in OT under Archie. He said they are 5-4. Just admit you were wrong and move on

This was a good step forward for a program trying to be successful. There are 8-10 programs in the conference that we know are better than IU, year-in and year-out. This opponent was one of them. For IU to take a stronger program to 2OT is a good confidence-builder for our program. Should help them down the road against other programs on our level like Nebraska and Maryland.

This was a good step forward for a program trying to be successful. There are 8-10 programs in the conference that we know are better than IU, year-in and year-out. This opponent was one of them. For IU to take a stronger program to 2OT is a good confidence-builder for our program. Should help them down the road against other programs on our level like Nebraska and Maryland.
Makes me feel so good that IU is on the same level of programs like Nebraska. That's something to be proud of.

Their #22 in net ranking..
That's KenPom. The NET Indiana is 44.

If the season ended right now, Indiana is likely in but a very low seed. The worry I have is that we're 0-4 in Q1 games (bad), 4-1 in Q2 games (good), 1-0 in Q3 games and 2-0 in Q4 games (which means we're really 4-5 based on strength of record, Butler not being very good at this point hurts).

Eventually we need to turn some of these high caliber games into wins. And I'm still on the fence as to whether we will be able to do that.

He was an Elite AAU coach, he needs to share his wisdom from the 70's, he has modern basketball and IU dialed in.

You lost your posting privileges yesterday with you diatribe about Lander needing more playing time. Never quit your day job Sean.

Reactions: gaadams
He was an Elite AAU coach, he needs to share his wisdom from the 70's, he has modern basketball and IU dialed in.

Everyone has the right to their opinion and expression of it. My point is that he posts all over GBI and these idiots like buford and hooseriffic slither over here to return the favor.

• Haha
Reactions: B_Town_Buford
You lost your posting privileges yesterday with you diatribe about Lander needing more playing time. Never quit your day job Sean.

Lander should have played 20 mins last night. Rob played 50 and we lost because of him. Playing Rob 50 mins in OT games will get you to 8-12. Did you see him run right into Al in the 1st OT and cost us a TO the last play? He is the worst offensive guard I have ever seen. Newkirk looks like Chris Paul compared to him. When he passes he pushes the ball and it is the most unnatural thing I have ever seen. He dribbles like a 8th grader, awful court vision..... Did you hear TJD whoop when he missed him for the 10th time wide open in the lane. But hey, he is a dog on D! Will be Archies death sentence.

Oh and we dropped to 11th in OP 3P%, another stat that is making us lose that ol Coach thinks we got dialed in.

Lander playing 20 mins against Butler, providence, NW would have got him ready to play 20 mins a game. We will not be anything better than average if you dont play lander. I dont settle for shit. Obviously our definition of elite is different. I won't settle until we are Elite, this aint it, and the talent has peaked at IU under Archie. TJD jr is not signed up to come here next year.

Everyone has the right to their opinion and expression of it. My point is that he posts all over GBI and these idiots like buford and hooseriffic slither over here to return the favor.

Ya it is dumb, but when you are retired and need attention..... got to do what you got to do.

Lander should have played 20 mins last night. Rob played 50 and we lost because of him. Playing Rob 50 mins in OT games will get you to 8-12. Did you see him run right into Al in the 1st OT and cost us a TO the last play? He is the worst offensive guard I have ever seen. Newkirk looks like Chris Paul compared to him. When he passes he pushes the ball and it is the most natural thing I have ever seen. He dribbles like a 8th grader, awful court vision..... But hey he is a dog on D! Will be Archies death sentence.

Oh and we dropped to 11th in OP 3P%, another stat that is making us lose that ol Coach thinks we got dialed in.

Lander playing 20 mins against Butler, providence, NW would have got him ready to play 20 mins a game. We will not be anything better than average if you dont play lander. I dont settle for shit. Obviously our definition of elite is different. I won't settle until we are Elite, this aint it, and the talent has peaked at IU under Archie. TJD jr is not signed up to come here next year.

Lander would be playing 20 min if he were contributing at that level. He isn't ready. Too light, lost on defense and horrible shot mechanics.

I think he will be fine, but it won't be this season.

Lander would be playing 20 min if he were contributing at that level. He isn't ready. Too light, lost on defense and horrible shot mechanics.

I think he will be fine, but it won't be this season.
I would rather go 5-15 and play lander than go 8-12 and play Rob. Makes no sense to sacrifice his development to give minutes to a guy that should be playing for Ball State.

Lander should have played 20 mins last night. Rob played 50 and we lost because of him. Playing Rob 50 mins in OT games will get you to 8-12. Did you see him run right into Al in the 1st OT and cost us a TO the last play? He is the worst offensive guard I have ever seen. Newkirk looks like Chris Paul compared to him. When he passes he pushes the ball and it is the most unnatural thing I have ever seen. He dribbles like a 8th grader, awful court vision..... Did you hear TJD whoop when he missed him for the 10th time wide open in the lane. But hey, he is a dog on D! Will be Archies death sentence.

Lander plays 20 minutes and IU loses by 15-20 points. Did you watch him play last night? His +/- during his 3-4 minutes stretch is literally as bad as it gets. He doesn't have the slightest clue as to what he's doing on the defensive end and calling him a deer in highlights on the offensive end is offensive to the deer.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I would rather go 5-15 and play lander than go 8-12 and play Rob. Makes no sense to sacrifice his development to give minutes to a guy that should be playing for Ball State.

I get that, I really do but I think Rob has some useful skills. What he doesn't have right now is confidence. That seems clear to me. PT is likely going to help.

IU needs them both, especially with AF out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT