ADVERTISEMENT

Class closed, per IUHoosiers.com......

My interpretation: clearly means BD Jones not signing w/IU (most assumed that by now) and obviously didn't get the other ones we were looking at either.

That said, like that they are showing discipline to not just add anyone, and I believe having 2-3 spots left is excellent flexibility to have for the grad transfer market, that may STILL FURTHER shake out after spring practices too. Always nice to have flexibility for a program should another "Tuttle-esque" type player emerge and IU possibly have a scholly spot that other programs may not.

Reactions: vesuvius13
With so many people out there already hopefully we have made in roads already.

My interpretation: clearly means BD Jones not signing w/IU (most assumed that by now) and obviously didn't get the other ones we were looking at either.

That said, like that they are showing discipline to not just add anyone, and I believe having 2-3 spots left is excellent flexibility to have for the grad transfer market, that may STILL FURTHER shake out after spring practices too. Always nice to have flexibility for a program should another "Tuttle-esque" type player emerge and IU possibly have a scholly spot that other programs may not.

Just seems odd IU would put out the press release they did if they were still bullish of more signees? My view now it celebrate the ones we got - a good top 40 class - and be patient for some grad transfers still to come, which for next season, when we could breakthrough to bowl eligible again, having some people who can add legit depth and step in next season as seasoned D1 CF players, in any areas specifically coaches feel is lacking some depth (OL, DL, LB?) would be smart.

Just seems odd IU would put out the press release they did if they were still bullish of more signees? My view now it celebrate the ones we got - a good top 40 class - and be patient for some grad transfers still to come, which for next season, when we could breakthrough to bowl eligible again, having some people who can add legit depth and step in next season as seasoned D1 CF players, in any areas specifically coaches feel is lacking some depth (OL, DL, LB?) would be smart.

That's how I read it. They seem to know something.

Very disappointing finish but solid overall class. Not sure it’s a game changing class though.

Reactions: IUgradman
I believe last year's class and this year's class will be game-changing classes for IU football. I've never seen that much talent from a freshman class that we saw on the field last year. You add this class with that one and it should be a very solid group to build on. What's been the problem in the past is we had players with limited potential. The group that played last year has a very high up side to even get a lot better.

Very disappointing finish but solid overall class. Not sure it’s a game changing class though.

Its the 31st best class according to star ranking and that doesn't include Tuttle. We also closed Sanguinetti. His high school coach mentioned he had a shoulder injury all year, missed 4 games and lacked late game playing time because they blew everyone out. Last year that kid was a 5 star with offers from all the biggies. How is that not closing strong?

You think another coach could have brought in more than 5-4 star kids to IU? Since you have been alive when has that happened?

I believe last year's class and this year's class will be game-changing classes for IU football. I've never seen that much talent from a freshman class that we saw on the field last year. You add this class with that one and it should be a very solid group to build on. What's been the problem in the past is we had players with limited potential. The group that played last year has a very high up side to even get a lot better.

“Game Changing” is generally determined by 3 posiition groups: OL, DL and LBs.

Not sure IU is close.....but neither are probably 8-9 other teams in the conference

I believe in any class to compete at this level you need at least 5-6 guys per class total across the OL, DT and DE that are rated 4-star to be a game changing type of class. It’s better, though, than it ever was.

Stars aren't the barometer, play on the field is. QB is the position, ask Clemson.

“Game Changing” is generally determined by 3 posiition groups: OL, DL and LBs.

Not sure IU is close.....but neither are probably 8-9 other teams in the conference

I believe in any class to compete at this level you need at least 5-6 guys per class total across the OL, DT and DE that are rated 4-star to be a game changing type of class. It’s better, though, than it ever was.

Its the 31st best class according to star ranking and that doesn't include Tuttle. We also closed Sanguinetti. His high school coach mentioned he had a shoulder injury all year, missed 4 games and lacked late game playing time because they blew everyone out. Last year that kid was a 5 star with offers from all the biggies. How is that not closing strong?

You think another coach could have brought in more than 5-4 star kids to IU? Since you have been alive when has that happened?
I’m just saying we missed on some big kids late. It’s still a good class overall even if it’s near the bottom of the Big Ten. Now we have to develop them.

Stars aren't the barometer, play on the field is. QB is the position, ask Clemson.

Well.....I’d argue that QBs are as good as their OL. Doesn’t hurt when the QB has 4-star veterans blocking up front. My guess, and I could be wrong here is that Trevor Lawrence would look a lot different behind an IU line than he does at Clemson.

I think you are wrong. Trevor Lawrence ran 2 5 star QB'S out of Clemson. This is the HIGHEST RATED CLASS IN IU FOOTBALL HISTORY. since they have done rankings. Last year's class looked great on the field and we haven't seen the highest rated OL and DL in Rafferty and King.

Well.....I’d argue that QBs are as good as their OL. Doesn’t hurt when the QB has 4-star veterans blocking up front. My guess, and I could be wrong here is that Trevor Lawrence would look a lot different behind an IU line than he does at Clemson.

I think you are wrong. Trevor Lawrence ran 2 5 star QB'S out of Clemson. This is the HIGHEST RATED CLASS IN IU FOOTBALL HISTORY. since they have done rankings. Last year's class looked great on the field and we haven't seen the highest rated OL and DL in Rafferty and King.

May have misunderstood your comments.

I contend that the most important pieces to program building are OL and DL. You countered that it was the QB (reference: Trevor Lawrence). No doubt that Lawrence is damn good and was the driver of their season. My only argument is:

Is Trevor Lawrence REALLY the Trevor Lawrence you see today without that offensive line?

I guess we may have philosophical differences. You indicate that a program is built around a QB. I say it’s built around the line.

May have misunderstood your comments.

I contend that the most important pieces to program building are OL and DL. You countered that it was the QB (reference: Trevor Lawrence). No doubt that Lawrence is damn good and was the driver of their season. My only argument is:

Is Trevor Lawrence REALLY the Trevor Lawrence you see today without that offensive line?

I guess we may have philosophical differences. You indicate that a program is built around a QB. I say it’s built around the line.
It really is built around the Offensive and Defensive Lines.

Did anyone get to the film event Thursday night before the game? We had to cancel at the last minute.

ADVERTISEMENT