CJ's 20,000th post....

Status
Not open for further replies.

clubjockey

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
Well, I'm back.

Here's my post… or rather a link to the effort. Remember, there are a few jokes in here, so if you find humor offensive, don't go. Seriously, I used some fairly dark and sobering issues as a basis for humor. No offense of callousness was meant.

Anyway, hopefully this is worth it, and makes up for me basically blowing off all my other milestone posts. It took about 6 hours of work.

The producers wish to thank:
Stunnedmonkey for his offer.
Harrumph for his words to the OTF Fightsong
And most importantly, kmwinter, to whom I owe a six pack of whatever he wants, for his hosting of the piece and his outstanding help in setting it up. If this is funny, it's probably largely due to his efforts.

I find it interesting that Indyfro came out with his idea for a "Media Department" at the OTF while I was working on this… I'll make comments about this later. I think we can take posting to never-before-seen heights of amazingness by doing collaborative efforts… sort of like rap-videos…vbg.

And thanks to all of you for giving the inspiration… except for Kookie and Kref who have been pains in my ass for the past week….vbg. After getting the thing all set up, I realized I left some folks out. This was not done intentionally. There are a LOT more active members of this community than you'd think… or at least than I thought. If you were left out, I'll get you later.

The thing is pretty long. You know you've reached the end when you get to the "closing thoughts" section on page 27. If anyone has trouble getting it to load, let me know… it loads great for me if I use Microsoft, but it doesn't load at all on Netscape.

Without further ado…..

Class.... Your Yearbooks are here....

Is that all? I was expecting something great, like . . .

a yearbook of OTFers or something.

Probably the best thing ever created here. Hats off to you, CJ.

it sucks being in Jr. High...

i don't get to be in the cool yearbook.

us youngens get jobbed!

Brilliant. Well worth the wait...

I could comment on specific favorite parts, but there were so many.

Best OTF post ever.

Very nice, great job did you have to quit your job

to get that done?

The truth hurts. I was reviewing the lines right before I checked

#20,000. I think the 8 points Ottawa is getting tonight against Toronto in a Wednesday night CFL matchup is a gift. Takes the points and thank me later.

No, I don't watch the CFL...often.

Golf claps, CJ. Golf claps.

No, in all seriousness...

That took about 4 hours of my time in between meetings and reports and other work... I've been so slammed lately that I didn't have a good shot at doing it any sooner.

Actually, I wanted to make it LONGER... I had a few other ideas to put into it, but I got so sick of writing that I just quit. Maybe I'll add some stuff to it later.

I've been lurking on the Premium for a while...

I'll go post over there some... I need to get my season preview posts started.

Top of the screen should be a.....

Previous page/next page button... Look above the cover...

HE LARRY US........

Even though I got a pre-read, it was still a good read.

Doesn't it make you sad that you are writing this crap instead of anything of importance? HA

Wiccans for Christ?

Okay, that might be the funniest thing I have ever read in my life.

ROFLMAO!

My 20K post is, I think, a very crude and early example of...

What we could get out of your idea of the "Media Department"... If we get some of the talent here together to bang out some work, we could put up some stuff that makes my post look like junk I bet. I put about 25% effort into that...

No, what makes me sad is...

That I don't get paid to do the stuff I actually enjoy doing...

agreed....

I see something like your post and it is evident that the creativity and ideas are there, and all over this board. I think the sky's the limit as far as what we could do.

Did you happen to see the IUT post on the free board yesterday?

I realize it was a concept he basically recycled from one of his old "conversations" but it worked very well. IUT should complete some sort of "Bob Knight and Mike Davis: Behind the Insanity" conversation for the multimedia OTF thing. His post yesterday was gold.

by the way...

count me in on the multimedia project.

Anyone know how to do flash movies? With the art and writing talent around here, I think we could do for college hoops what JibJab did for the presidential election.

It was great. I thought the best line was...

"They must not eat a lot of fish in Alabama." It was so understated, but dead-on dead-pan Knight.

It was genius...

Of course, we'd all have to quit our jobs to do something like that...

Quite nice

I've got a couple of questions, oh f--- it, you'll just ignore me anyway.

Anybody got a bottle of Southern Comfort.

Cant me in on your little creative department project...

I bring Flash & Photoshop type experience along with my rapist wit.

Hey, you got a picture at least...

I could have done 2 more homerooms and still have left people out.

Did everyone notice that my Yearbook picture was the cutest guy?

Does that make me gay?

CJ: Well done

Magnificent work . . .

Congrats CJ. BTW, did you get all those pics out of a real yearbook from your own past? If so, you're older than I thought.

Oh, and it looks like harrumph and kwityerbitchin are either the same guy or they're twins and their mommy dresses them the same - or they're sharing clothes. Hmmmmmm.

Go look at the pictures and deny that I'm right . . .

you can't, can you? I was dead-on regarding those 2 pics, wasn't I?

Go ahead and send Spec. I'm on a diet anyway, so I've got trail mix, fat free yogurt and water for lunch. I'd share - do us both some good . . . .

I am older than you thought...

Those are not my yearbook pics, but they sure could have been. I was in high school from 1977 to 1981.

I found the pics at a slightly bizarre website that seems to have an unhealthy fascination with blow-dried, feathered hair.

It was tough...

But basically its all just the same-old thing... Watching some of those guys is like watching the olympic gymnastics trials with all the leaps and twists and double back handsprings of logic they make... I almost want to applaud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT