ADVERTISEMENT

Cincinnati (early) Overview

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana

In my opinion, we're going to have to get their QB to the ground early and often to be able to Win this one... I think he's probably the best QB we'll see this season...

Reactions: vesuvius13
In my opinion, we're going to have to get their QB to the ground early and often to be able to Win this one... I think he's probably the best QB we'll see this season...
He's definitely a good QB who likes to go deep a lot. That is for sure. But even with that, they only put up 21pts on Georgia.

Cincinnati was top 10 in defense last year and top 20 in offense.

On paper it wont be close. That's why you play the game though.

Cincinnati was top 10 in defense last year and top 20 in offense.

On paper it wont be close. That's why you play the game though.
They're beatable..., the key ((and I realize one doesn't have to be any kind of coaching genius to see this)) is getting Ridder on the ground regularly and out of his throwing rhythm...

He's a future pro and he will hurt us if we let him get at all comfortable...

I hope to see our defense play more like last year's defense with the exception of this year's defense being stouter against the run. We haven't seen our DBs get cut loose like they were last season by playing the type of zone defense they did last year.

More importantly, we need to see our offense establish itself to do what they want to do against a very good defense. I don't want to see another year of the offense being the weaker part of the team.

I hope to see our defense play more like last year's defense with the exception of this year's defense being stouter against the run. We haven't seen our DBs get cut loose like they were last season by playing the type of zone defense they did last year.

More importantly, we need to see our offense establish itself to do what they want to do against a very good defense. I don't want to see another year of the offense being the weaker part of the team.

I agree with your first paragraph........the D this year so far doesn't seem to have the swagger we saw at times last year, especially Mullen. He's been beaten more times in two games than all of last year's regular season. I wonder if something's bothering him?

I agree with your first paragraph........the D this year so far doesn't seem to have the swagger we saw at times last year, especially Mullen. He's been beaten more times in two games than all of last year's regular season. I wonder if something's bothering him?
It is more about the lack of getting to the QB as often as last season and a change in coverages they are running. I want to see more pressure even if they have to use DBs like last year. Coach Warren is used to a front that can pressure QBs but he needs to realize he isn't at Georgia right now and IU needs to use every trick to sack the QBs.

Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT