ADVERTISEMENT

Chris OO7 Btown..........

Still don’t believe someone wrote a $10 million dollar check so we could go hire the shiniest new toy. I mean the donor just absolutely couldn’t take one more year of Archie. Not buying it.

Reactions: BHAII
Nick Saban denied for 5 weeks

Brad Stevens isn't Nick Saban, and it has nothing to do with Stevens' denials. IU isn't going to sit on an open coaching position until May/June when the NBA season ends. With an open transfer portal, it cannot. That means if it was to be Stevens, it would require Stevens to leave the Celtics before the season concludes. OK. If this was to be the case, why has it not yet happened? What is everyone waiting for? For Stevens to be fired? That's a sketchy thing to wait for. That probably won't happen mid season.

The Stevens thing is over. There may or may not have been something to the original rumors, but If he was leaving the Celtics for IU, he'd have already done so.

it was going to be Brad Stevens, it would already be Brad Steve
Brad Stevens isn't Nick Saban, and it has nothing to do with Stevens' denials. IU isn't going to sit on an open coaching position until May/June when the NBA season ends. With an open transfer portal, it cannot. That means if it was to be Stevens, it would require Stevens to leave the Celtics before the season concludes. OK. If this was to be the case, why has it not yet happened? What is everyone waiting for? For Stevens to be fired? That's a sketchy thing to wait for. That probably won't happen mid season.

The Stevens thing is over. There may or may not have been something to the original rumors, but If he was leaving the Celtics for IU, he'd have already done so.
Dolson would wait for Stevens if it took until June. He’d take a rebuilding down year if it meant getting a great coach.

Dolson would wait for Stevens if it took until June. He’d take a rebuilding down year if it meant getting a great coach.

OK. If May 10 rolls around and we're still without a coach and Dolson is silent, I'll start to buy in. Until then...not a chance. ;)

Reactions: IU Hoops Fan

Just your opinion

Reactions: kmathum
Why would Dolson put his job on the line if he didn’t know it was a home run hire? No way he puts himself in position to be bullied by donors. He would have to know up front before dismissing Archie who the replacement would be. And he’s not gonna pull that curtain unless he knows it’s a grand slam. I’m buying this Koolaide.
The risk reward makes no sense for what’s left to pick from. And if it was gonna be an IU guy it would of happened by now.
Im eating the candy.

There is no coach still coaching that’s guaranteed to out perform Archie over the next 20 years. Archie will likely have success some where else making the tourney and making some noise on occasion.
Its to big of a gamble to risk your career and reputation unless it’s a grand slam. No man puts any athletic department in front of his own family and well being.
There is no coach available that’s worth the risk other then Stevens. And if Stevens fails then so be it. No one on the planet wouldn’t of done the same thing.

Reactions: moneyadvisor
There is no coach still coaching that’s guaranteed to out perform Archie over the next 20 years. Archie will likely have success some where else making the tourney and making some noise on occasion.
Its to big of a gamble to risk your career and reputation unless it’s a grand slam. No man puts any athletic department in front of his own family and well being.
There is no coach available that’s worth the risk other then Stevens. And if Stevens fails then so be it. No one on the planet wouldn’t of done the same thing.
I'd be more excited about seeing it thrown in Goodmans face than I would him actually coaching if stevens still ended up with the job....

There is no logical reason Stevens waits until the NBA season is over to come to IU.

What good is it going to do IU, the Celtics, or him to finish out the season there? IF (HUGE IF) Stevens becomes our next HC, he needs to get here now, before he has to call Tim Priller and ask if he has a brother to fill the roster.

you don't know that.

Obviously I don't know that. But if Brad Stevens is going to leave the Celtics for IU, what's the hold up? What's the scenario that you see playing out? Do you imagine that we're really going to sit here quietly until June?

There is no logical reason Stevens waits until the NBA season is over to come to IU.

What good is it going to do IU, the Celtics, or him to finish out the season there? IF (HUGE IF) Stevens becomes our next HC, he needs to get here now, before he has to call Tim Priller and ask if he has a brother to fill the roster.
let the whole team transfer. they weren't that good anyway.

Obviously I don't know that. But if Brad Stevens is going to leave the Celtics for IU, what's the hold up? What's the scenario that you see playing out? Do you imagine that we're really going to sit here quietly until June?
why not?
Or, he's doubling down on his earlier gigantic whiff. He was completely wrong earlier. Why would you believe him now?
keep hope alive!

Most likely, Dolson pulled the trigger on Archie thinking he had Brad but wasn't smart enough to get anything in writing beforehand. Brad changed his mind and he's now scrambling.

Most likely, Dolson pulled the trigger on Archie thinking he had Brad but wasn't smart enough to get anything in writing beforehand. Brad changed his mind and he's now scrambling.
Not sure I am following. If Dolson had something in writing, I doubt that he his going to embarrass Stevens with it; that shoots any future chance. As for damages, how would this work? Wouldn't Steven's current NBA contract take precedence?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT