ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Kiffin

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
Rumors swirling that he will be the new DC. He’s Lane Kiffens brother, ironically. DL coach for the Browns. Ran the defense for Lane at Florida Atlantic. Had some success. DL coach for Ole Miss while Allen and company were there. Was the 2013 recruiter of the year. Is known as one of the best defensive recruiters there is. Nothing official but there is some chatter on this. Has experience as a LB coach as well.

Rumors swirling that he will be the new DC. He’s Lane Kiffens brother, ironically. DL coach for the Browns. Ran the defense for Lane at Florida Atlantic. Had some success. DL coach for Ole Miss while Allen and company were there. Was the 2013 recruiter of the year. Is known as one of the best defensive recruiters there is. Nothing official but there is some chatter on this. Has experience as a LB coach as well.
Sounds interesting. Guess I'd be curious why Lane didn't take him to Ole Miss?

Hmm...apparently, Allen asked last week & Kiffin declined, so...unless something has changed in the interim, I'd wait for verification on this. Well, I would anyway, but I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

Would probably be a good choice as I am sure he already has good connections with many Florida high school coaches...assuming Indiana continues recruiting that state heavily. Might be difficult to entice him away from Cleveland though.

Reactions: vesuvius13
i might be in the minority, but I would like for us to hire a DC with several years of experience in that position. I would like to have someone with proven experience, as I think that benefits our overall team. One of the benefits, is just more in-game experience.

i might be in the minority, but I would like for us to hire a DC with several years of experience in that position. I would like to have someone with proven experience, as I think that benefits our overall team. One of the benefits, is just more in-game experience.
I think it's more important that the person be someone well-versed in Tom Allen's defensive system, especially since it has been successful. Players are versed in that system and have been recruited to fit that system. I think continuity is essential. Personally, if there is someone already on staff who coach Allen and the players trust, that would be the ideal. Otherwise, someone who has run a similar defense elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT