ADVERTISEMENT

Chinese Govt is lying..

Cuomo the Wise said no quarantine in new York 2 weeks ago, famously telling De Blasio to eff off.

“New Yorkers should be prepared right now for the possibility of a shelter-in-place order,” the mayor said at a City Hall press conference Tuesday afternoon.

“I believe this decision should be made in the next 48 hours,” the mayor said of a New York City order that would shut down all non-essential business as he expects the city’s coronavirus cases to rise from 814 to 10,000 as early as next week.

In Albany Tuesday morning, Cuomo dismissed “rumors” that “New York City is going to quarantine itself.”

“It cannot happen legally. No city in the state can quarantine itself without state approval and I have no interest whatsoever and no plan whatsoever to quarantine any city,” Cuomo insisted.

When asked about the governor’s remarks a few hours later, de Blasio said there was a difference between a quarantine and a shelter-in-place policy.

“I don’t hear the word quarantine as an exact equivalent of shelter-in-place,” de Blasio explained, adding that “shelter-in-place is more of a strategy.”

But in the middle of the mayor’s briefing, Cuomo’s secretary Melissa DeRosa released a statement saying there was no difference. She also indicated that de Blasio didn’t have the power to act alone.

A man in Harlem wears a face mask during the coronavirus pandemic.Christopher Sadowski
“Any blanket quarantine or shelter in place policy would require state action and as the Governor has said, there is no consideration of that for any locality at this time,” DeRosa said.

Later Tuesday Cuomo called into NY1 to try and put the dispute to rest.

“There’s no such thing as a geographically isolated situation that doesn’t affect everyone else,” the governor said.
Cuomo issued a statewide stay at home 3 days later.

tenor.gif
Duh .. Xi lies, Putin lies, Kim lies ..

Now do Trump.

Start with the hoax quote.

Cuomo issued a statewide stay at home 3 days later.
Ok. The beaches in south Florida were closed on the 19th. My point is that in a fluid situation its fun to look back and play political games and second-guess. The truth is nobody knew what was going on except sglowrider, and Trump doesn't take his calls.

Reactions: mohoosier and 76-1
Ok. The beaches in south Florida were closed on the 19th. My point is that in a fluid situation its fun to look back and play political games and second-guess. The truth is nobody knew what was going on except sglowrider, and Trump doesn't take his calls.

How can you say "nobody knew". Trump got a briefing, numerous models were available. Burr went and briefed his friends on the threat. Trump didn't want to upset the markets. It's the only thing he can run on.

ITT... People holding the POTUS to the lowest of standards and playing the But Hillary's emails game.

Great job.

How can you say "nobody knew". Trump got a briefing, numerous models were available. Burr went and briefed his friends on the threat. Trump didn't want to upset the markets. It's the only thing he can run on.
Models and info from China panicked the country into hoarding ramen noodles and tp. I don't blame you for holding Trump's hesitation against him, but there are very smart people who still disagree with every facet of how this pandemic is handled. Countries all over the world are taking different approaches--some of those more successful than others.

My only point is that Cuomo has been held up as someone who has handled this well, yet he was late in shutting down NYC. As a result NYC is leading the world in cases. Do you think he should have acted sooner, too?

Models and info from China panicked the country into hoarding ramen noodles and tp. I don't blame you for holding Trump's hesitation against him, but there are very smart people who still disagree with every facet of how this pandemic is handled. Countries all over the world are taking different approaches--some of those more successful than others.

My only point is that Cuomo has been held up as someone who has handled this well, yet he was late in shutting down NYC. As a result NYC is leading the world in cases. Do you think he should have acted sooner, too?
It's a hoax ...

Fyi twenty I am Chinese. So I am a liar according to your title too. That's the implication when you use a racial descriptor to broadbrush an entire race.
What if you changed it to americans are liars because Trump lies?

You are better that that.
I think it’s pretty clear he’s talking about the government

Reactions: Spartans9312
Trump’s blase approach can be seen in all his followers, even now. Tske CoH, not long ago he was cavalierly continuing to plan some trip. Now — he starts the Grocery Shopping thread. That’s not an indictment of COH but of our President. In times of crisis we rely in our leader’s guidance. Trump led his followers into the ocean.

I'm not sure, but I'm out at the local pub so we should ask Devin Nunes about it. :rolleyes:

I'll see your Nunes and raise you one Pelosi.

Look, hundreds if not thousands of public officials under-estimated the whole thing. Of note though, Trump issued the Chinese travel ban about a month before this Pelosi video. Fauci points out that was a very wise move. Trump appointed the task force at about the same time. Fauci publicly often said Trump followed all the TF recommendations. I think that is why Fauci and Birx become defensive about this "do nothing" B.S. They called the shots.

Reactions: mohoosier
Cuomo is whining almost daily about how they need more from the Feds. How much of that need is Cuomo responsible for?
How dare he whine trying to save people’s lives? Much better to say let’s kill all the old people and get that economy going!!

Look, hundreds if not thousands of public officials under-estimated the whole thing. Of note though, Trump issued the Chinese travel ban about a month before this Pelosi video. Fauci points out that was a very wise move. Trump appointed the task force at about the same time. Fauci publicly often said Trump followed all the TF recommendations. I think that is why Fauci and Birx become defensive about this "do nothing" B.S. They called the shots.
Bullshit ..

Reactions: Circlejoe
Trump’s blase approach can be seen in all his followers, even now. Tske CoH, not long ago he was cavalierly continuing to plan some trip. Now — he starts the Grocery Shopping thread. That’s not an indictment of COH but of our President. In times of crisis we rely in our leader’s guidance. Trump led his followers into the ocean.
Yep, I have friends who didn’t change their tone until Trump, and of course Fox did. One friend was in crowds the last day Disney World was open. Two days later begging people to stay home.

Um..."of note though"...Nunes' quotes (3/15) are from three weeks AFTER that video of Nancy (2/24). I mean, if you REALLY want to go back to Feb. 24th.

"The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
- Tweet from your boy

or just two days LATER (you know, after that video of Nancy, but still a couple of weeks before Devin stepped in it.)

“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”
- Your boy at a White House press conference

Do you REALLY want to go back to February 24th? Or how about to just MARCH 24th (10 days AFTER Nunes stepped in it)?

"We've never closed down the country for the flu. So you say to yourself 'What is this all about?'"
- Your boy on Fox News

Flash forward to today, Devin Nunes just said that he wants people to return to work over the next week to two weeks. Yeah, Nancy Pelosi making a public appearance in February is totally just as bad as that sad excuse. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Um..."of note though"...Nunes' quotes (3/15) are from three weeks AFTER that video of Nancy (2/24). I mean, if you REALLY want to go back to Feb. 24th.

"The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
- Tweet from your boy

or just two days LATER (you know, after that video of Nancy, but still a couple of weeks before Devin stepped in it.)

“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

Do you REALLY want to go back to February 24th? Or how about to just MARCH 24th (10 days AFTER Nunes stepped in it)?

"We've never closed down the country for the flu. So you say to yourself 'What is this all about?'"
- Your boy on Fox News

Flash forward to today, Devin Nunes just said that he wants people to return to work over the next week to two weeks. Yeah, Nancy Pelosi making a public appearance in February is totally just as bad as that sad excuse. :rolleyes:

Reactions: mike41703

- Tweet from your boy

- Your boy on Fox News

this is the millionteenth time we’ve litigated this issue. The action was in the task force. If your point is trump talks too much, I’ll stipulate. But that’s a side show. Fauci explained why your so-called delay was inconsequential.

Yep, I have friends who didn’t change their tone until Trump, and of course Fox did. One friend was in crowds the last day Disney World was open. Two days later begging people to stay home.
You were on here saying that you traveled during spring break

Fyi twenty I am Chinese. So I am a liar according to your title too. That's the implication when you use a racial descriptor to broadbrush an entire race.
What if you changed it to americans are liars because Trump lies?

You are better that that.

Cry me a river.... and Chinese is a nationally, not a race.

You know damn well it was in reference to the Chinese govt.

I think it’s pretty clear he’s talking about the government

Come on Ranger, i have to defend the country, America and Americans nearly every time or whenever I encounter casual strangers -- and even with people who know me.
All because of Trump

You think people see the difference?

I am surprised you don't get this.

Come on Ranger, i have to defend the country, America and Americans nearly every time or whenever I encounter casual strangers -- and even with people who know me.
All because of Trump

You think people see the difference?

I am surprised you don't get this.
I honestly don’t. The Chinese government is hideously corrupt and a terrible human rights infringer. Are they above your criticism or do you honestly believe that twenty thinks all Chinese are liars?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Spartans9312
I think you’re being very sensitive.

No. I am being accurate. This is why America is a very difficult place for minorities in this day & age. You get accused of woke or 'sensitive' for defending blatant ignorance or inaccuracies -- instead of learning the facts.

Somehow this morphed into something totally off the rails of what's important here. We've got the world in shutdown because of a novel virus.... and experts around the globe are trying to model scenarios to create the best policy responses.

Would certainly be beneficial to have valid data from the actual source of the virus.... instead we've had to wait for reliable data from other countries that later had outbreaks.

Trump is a buffoon and deserves plenty of scorn for his public comments, but it's not like Europe has done much better with this.

Reactions: mike41703
ADVERTISEMENT