Chinese Govt is lying..

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by twenty02, Apr 1, 2020.

1. twenty02

twenty02 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

2. Morrison

Morrison Senior
    Expand Collapse

Something tells me Trump will suddenly accept the intelligence community’s findings.
    #fuc*russiaandchina

3. JamieDimonsBalls

JamieDimonsBalls All-Big Ten
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

4. Univee2

Univee2 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Beat me to it.

Water wet; Sun hot.

Spartans9312 and 76-1 like this.
  5. INRanger27

INRanger27 All-American
    Expand Collapse

I’ll be curious to see the #NewGOP boot licker response to this and whether they adopt it or call it Deep state.

Digressions likes this.
  6. Cortez88

Cortez88 Junior
    Expand Collapse

You are way behind man. Fauci is Deep State these days. These medical “experts” providing these doomsday scenarios are Deep State out to get Trump. Keep up.

Bill4411 and MaxCoke like this.
  7. hoot1

hoot1 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Presidents and many of us complain about the media coverage.

Nevertheless, unlike China, I don't think our government could get away with hiding the truth thanks to our media.

MaxCoke likes this.
  8. thezinfan1

thezinfan1 Freshman
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The US 2.2 million dead model was made with the questionable Chinese data, and the model was ignored/discredited for some time.

9. IUJIM

IUJIM Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Seriously, if anybody thought this chart was accurate, they are probably not real smart.
    [​IMG]

Spartans9312 and Cortez88 like this.
  10. 76-1

76-1 All-American
    Expand Collapse

Pence told Wolf Blitzer (CNN) that the model we most resemble is that of Italy... If that doesn't get people's attention then they are simply in denial (in my opinion)...

10 76-1, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  11. Cortez88

Cortez88 Junior
    Expand Collapse

Aside from the total number being suspect, when it got to 80,000 and basically stayed there, well that was bullshit. Once every other country started surging, the China numbers became extreme outliers. I’d throw Iran in there as well.

12. IUJIM

IUJIM Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Agreed. I would trust nothing from China, and like you said, Iran and throw Russia in also.

Spartans9312 and Cortez88 like this.
  13. outside shooter

outside shooter Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

This is a deflection.

China lied. They lied to the USA and they also lied to South Korea. One of those two countries, though, prepared for the worst anyway, the other waited for the problem to "magically go away"

IUINSB, MaxCoke and largemouth like this.
  14. Cortez88

Cortez88 Junior
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely. China lying changes nothing about Trump’s negligence. The intelligence community told him how bad this would be in January. He then did nothing and constantly downplayed the threat. He owns the failure.

15. outside shooter

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

On January 14th a Chinese woman who works for me told me about the "bad virus outbreak in China". That was the first I had heard of it. She ordered a box of surgical masks that day & I approved the order.

16. zeke4ahs

zeke4ahs Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Everyone assumed this already. All this does is give Trump more of an opportunity to blame China .

sglowrider likes this.
  17. mohoosier

mohoosier Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Now, that’s funny! Thanks for providing the laugh during these grim times.

18. mohoosier

mohoosier Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

And....??

19. iuwclurker

iuwclurker All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

Bottom line is we need to prepare for the future. We need a president who will take responsibility for our honest and actual situation. And we need to prepare for the rest of the world being irresponsible. We need to be able to deal with future viruses no matter what other countries do. To hell with China. China gonna China.

20. sglowrider

sglowrider Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I heard if it in the 1st week of Jan. Been in a war footing ever since. But incrementally.

Whether they lied or not it doesn't change anything. It's just an attempt to look at another shiny object. Trump has been lying from Day One. Let's worry about that, something that you have control over.

There was massive negligence on the part of the WH.

Actually isn't it bad news that the Chinese may have under reported and fake bending the curve earlier? That means the US have a better hope of doing the same? If the Chinese under reported the numbers and the curve didn't bend, despite martial law measures, which the US didn't implement...

outside shooter likes this.
  21. sglowrider

sglowrider Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Fyi twenty I am Chinese. So I am a liar according to your title too. That's the implication when you use a racial descriptor to broadbrush an entire race.
    What if you changed it to americans are liars because Trump lies?

You are better that that.

21 sglowrider, Apr 1, 2020
    MaxCoke likes this.
  22. mohoosier

mohoosier Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Uhhh...travel ban was put in place Jan 31, nearly a month before the first death in the US, Washington State. Does this mean you were one in the crowd shouting ‘hate, racism and white supremacy’ as well?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jan/31/travel-ban-trump-countries-announcement

https://nypost.com/2020/03/01/criticisms-of-trumps-coronavirus-response-are-sickening-devine/

Or were you pushing your Representatives to pass this beauty??

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/11/trump-veto-democrats-coronavirus-ban-act/

23. mohoosier

mohoosier Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Here’s Nancy ON FEBRUARY 24TH practicing her version of Social Distancing, in all places - Chinatown SF.

24. sglowrider

sglowrider Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

MoH. There is a lot more involved in a containment strategy than just a travel ban. It's not a silver bullet. There are multiude of measures, all of which were not implemented until like a few weeks latter in a situation where hours matter..

In an epidemic, all it takes is one person. To do the ban after the one person has gone it is useful but you need to track that one person down, trace his contacts then isolate them.
    None of that was done until much later when those contacts had increased exponentially.

25. mohoosier

mohoosier Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

The post was ‘he did nothing’ which is a common false claim. It just sounds good.

26. outside shooter

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

The China travel ban was a good move. It bought the USA some time to prepare like crazy. That time as then squandered as the President led by bloviating about how it was magically going away by April.

Digressions and Cream&Crimson like this.
  27. sglowrider

sglowrider Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

There are a 100 more critical things to do which weren't done. It's not a silver bullet but banning travel fits into his political narrative.
    There was no strategic approach. Just tactical.
    Plus down playing and saying it's nothing more than a season flu is counter productive too. Containment is about track tracing mapping and isolating. The other part is communication and education to build up personal responsibility to help sustainability.
    There is a playbook. But he played it like checkers.

28. thezinfan1

thezinfan1 Freshman
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Corona was first diagnosed in the US on Jan 21 2020.

29. CO. Hoosier

CO. Hoosier Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Where do you get this shit? Washington state was essentially patient zero and they got on it immediately. Washington state's numbers are as good as can be expected. California probably had more Asian and Chinese comings and goings than any state. It's numbers are holding pretty good too.

Meanwhile New York is a total mess. Weeks after the travel bans, NY officials were telling people to go out on the town and, watch the parades and have a good time. How did that work out?

30. sglowrider

sglowrider Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

As I said before I heard of this in the 1st week of January or late December.

We had our measures kick in on 2nd January here. Thermal scanning of all passengers. Then it escalate to quarantine of Chinese passengers starting in the 24th of January and so forth.
    Still no lockdowns and schools still open.

30 sglowrider, Apr 1, 2020
  31. JamieDimonsBalls

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

Spartans9312 likes this.
  32. CO. Hoosier

CO. Hoosier Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

You live on a f*cking island at the tip of a peninsula. You can stop with your stupid comparisons any time.

33. Cortez88

Cortez88 Junior
    Expand Collapse

Intelligence officials were warning Trump about a pandemic as early as January, but they 'couldn't get him to do anything about it'

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-intelligence-warned-trump-of-pandemic-in-january-2020-3

MaxCoke and largemouth like this.
  34. JamieDimonsBalls

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yes, but it was racist, according to some...

35. 76-1

76-1 All-American
    Expand Collapse

There's plenty of "blame" to go around (and the Communist Chinese Government leadership is right up there as a big crimson # 1 on that list)...

This might be illuminating: near the end of January I spoke briefly with a doctor who works in an Indianapolis hospital.

His side of the conversation in regards to my inquiry as to what he thought about "Wohan Virus") and its potential severity:
    He said:
    "We've seen corona viruses before, we can handle it, there's nothing for the public to worry about...

Now whether that response was meant to be the "stock response" simply meant for the general public..., or whether he really believed that..., I couldn't tell you..., but he said it with such conviction that it was my impression that he believed it... If that was the case, then even some health professionals underestimated the severity of this pandemic (a good month and a half+ from first being made aware of it)...

My guess is that they (the health care pros) thought it would behave like SARS and MERS and that they'd be able to get a handle on it
    early....

//Edited on the date because I forgot it was a makeup game where I encountered the guy...//

35 76-1, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  36. HillzHoozier

HillzHoozier All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Cuomo the Wise said no quarantine in new York 2 weeks ago, famously telling De Blasio to eff off.

“New Yorkers should be prepared right now for the possibility of a shelter-in-place order,” the mayor said at a City Hall press conference Tuesday afternoon.

“I believe this decision should be made in the next 48 hours,” the mayor said of a New York City order that would shut down all non-essential business as he expects the city’s coronavirus cases to rise from 814 to 10,000 as early as next week.

In Albany Tuesday morning, Cuomo dismissed “rumors” that “New York City is going to quarantine itself.”

“It cannot happen legally. No city in the state can quarantine itself without state approval and I have no interest whatsoever and no plan whatsoever to quarantine any city,” Cuomo insisted.

When asked about the governor’s remarks a few hours later, de Blasio said there was a difference between a quarantine and a shelter-in-place policy.

“I don’t hear the word quarantine as an exact equivalent of shelter-in-place,” de Blasio explained, adding that “shelter-in-place is more of a strategy.”

But in the middle of the mayor’s briefing, Cuomo’s secretary Melissa DeRosa released a statement saying there was no difference. She also indicated that de Blasio didn’t have the power to act alone.

[​IMG]
    A man in Harlem wears a face mask during the coronavirus pandemic.Christopher Sadowski
    “Any blanket quarantine or shelter in place policy would require state action and as the Governor has said, there is no consideration of that for any locality at this time,” DeRosa said.

Later Tuesday Cuomo called into NY1 to try and put the dispute to rest.

“There’s no such thing as a geographically isolated situation that doesn’t affect everyone else,” the governor said.

37. Cortez88

Cortez88 Junior
    Expand Collapse

What about Trump? He’s the POTUS right?

38. Hoosiers Rising

Expand Collapse

Read an interview with an epidemiologist who I think maybe had contracted the virus. She was apologizing for her early projections on the virus and said that she had placed too much faith in the CDC. I dont know if she was advising the White House but from her comments she was in that circle. The press who are now hammering the president were early on saying you should be much more worried about the Flu. This was the thing that I heard more in my circle than well the President says it will go away so.... Anyway, yes the President owns a lot of this but there is a lot more than can go around.

76-1 and HillzHoozier like this.
  39. HillzHoozier

HillzHoozier All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Cuomo is whining almost daily about how they need more from the Feds. How much of that need is Cuomo responsible for?

40. IUCrazy2

IUCrazy2 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Yes, the healthcare pros believed it was closer to SARS because that was originally the data that the Chinese Government (rotten ****s that they are) and their stooges at the WHO were telling everyone.

**** China.

76-1 likes this.