ADVERTISEMENT

Chiefs fans

Backatcha. There's no mantra from me. I think you just get it wrong a lot of the time.
You’re abjectly full of shit if you think the country is honestly trying to sort this out.

One side is trying to exclaim that everything that plagues the African American community is on account of systemic racism and is using recent events of African American men strongly resisting arrest leading to their deaths (which is not ok - but you haven’t done a good enough job of explaining how their deaths were racist) as the proof. And since it’s the “proof”, that side loses the moral high ground when anarchists harass people at restaurants and looters pillage small and large businesses. Are they trying to sort it out?

Meanwhile, the other side reacts very poorly by sending untrained shitbirds with weapons to “secure” businesses and can’t understand why this shortens the proverbial fuse of violence.

I’m missing the part where we’re trying to sort this out. If you and me are trying to sort it out, then fine. But that ain’t reality on Main Street, and your side’s continued mentality of calling anything racism that can be hot-taked away as racism isn’t helping. Nor are Trump parades or militias being present at events.

The point is that YOU or Marv or me have no idea what or why they were booing. But smart guys like Marv jump immediately to “because racism.” Even after Jussie, even after Booker, here we are again and they’ll never learn. That’s why I’m pissed and over it.

You don’t think that it’s possible, just simply possible, that the first time the Texans made an appearance on the field was the same time the subset of chiefs fans booed?

When the cause of everything is racism, then nothing is racist, and some people refuse to learn that lesson.

Please find me any point I used the R word? I will wait.....

Reactions: Zizkov
Please find me any point I used the R word? I will wait.....
I owe you an apology if your phrasing “it was never about then anthem” wasn’t a veiled direct accusation of saying it was about racism all along.

I mean it, sincere apology...if that’s not what you meant.

Or ask Bill O’Brien why he thought it would be a good idea to run his team into a hostile field during a moment of unity?
The fans didn't boo when the Texans ran on to the field. They booed AFTER that, when Texans linked arms with Chiefs.

You don’t think that it’s possible, just simply possible, that the first time the Texans made an appearance on the field was the same time the subset of chiefs fans booed?

Not to pick nits, but the way I remember it playing out is they did the pre-recorded National Anthem (beautiful rendition, btw), then the Texans ran out, then they stood around, then they all met on the field, then they asked for silence for unity. Then the booing started. It was a few minutes after the Texans came out. Maybe the fans were upset to see the hometown team linking arms with the opponents.

My narrative is evidence and letting situations become fully understood before jumping to conclusions. I think I’m equally harsh on both “sides” or do you disagree?
I'm not even sure how many sides there are at this point.

I think we need to find a path forward for people capable of good faith to have productive conversation. The people capable of good faith can use constant reminding of some ground rules if that were to happen: we should all care about some basic shared values, we shouldn't be too quick to demonize, we should look to learn as much as we look to educate, we should let some things roll off our backs and come back another day, we should engage a lot more on topics that aren't pure politics, we should be way more skeptical of our information sources, we should care as much (okay, way more) about actual results as we do about seeking a certain appearance or projecting a particular image or sticking to a key talking point, etc. etc.

But I also think we should clearly call out that not everyone is actually capable of good faith and it's worse than counterproductive to engage with people who aren't. Some are actively undermining any shared values, are purposefully poisoning (mostly unsophisticated) minds with endless garbage and for nefarious ends, are exploiting the worst human impulses for personal gain and to undermine various groupings of people who far from deserve it, etc. It probably depends on the day how I rank things, but I'm not sure there's a graver threat to all of us than that. I think it's fair to demonize that malign influence and I think people who knowingly enable those influences and parrot those dark impulses aren't worthy of inclusion in any real dialogue (unless you like spiraling into a pit of anger, frustration and nihilism). I wish I knew the answer, but the dialogue among people capable of good faith will be moot if we don't mitigate that enormous problem.

(I'm hanging this on Ranger's post for no particular reason).

My camera feed captures all. Tell the wife to wave!
tenor.png

You’re abjectly full of shit if you think the country is honestly trying to sort this out.

Huh. I'll have to talk to my business partner who has been downtown a couple of times a month all through the pandemic working with LAPD and City of Los Angeles leadership on ideas to reallocate resources to better address these ideas. He thought we was working on trying to sort these things out.

One side is trying to exclaim that everything that plagues the African American community is on account of systemic racism and is using recent events of African American men strongly resisting arrest leading to their deaths (which is not ok - but you haven’t done a good enough job of explaining how their deaths were racist) as the proof. And since it’s the “proof”, that side loses the moral high ground when anarchists harass people at restaurants and looters pillage small and large businesses. Are they trying to sort it out?

Meanwhile, the other side reacts very poorly by sending untrained shitbirds with weapons to “secure” businesses and can’t understand why this shortens the proverbial fuse of violence.

I’m missing the part where we’re trying to sort this out. If you and me are trying to sort it out, then fine. But that ain’t reality on Main Street, and your side’s continued mentality of calling anything racism that can be hot-taked away as racism isn’t helping. Nor are Trump parades or militias being present at events.

Your problem is really obvious. You want this to be a "sides" thing or a "you guys" thing. I'm not really interested in that, so I can see why we have a disconnect. Your description of "one side" is exactly the thing you constantly complain about - people failing to take the time to have deeper understanding of events. As such, you just want to attribute positions and ideas to people who don't have them so that you can get back to complaining about your discomfort. When you show some sincere interest in engaging on the issues instead of just complaining about how rough the nation's racial conversation has been on you, maybe there will be more to chat about.

The point is that YOU or Marv or me have no idea what or why they were booing. But smart guys like Marv jump immediately to “because racism.” Even after Jussie, even after Booker, here we are again and they’ll never learn. That’s why I’m pissed and over it.

When the cause of everything is racism, then nothing is racist, and some people refuse to learn that lesson.
No they booed some when Chiefs came out. But it stopped and got quiet as they started standing and holding hands. Then the booing started up again. I’d still like to know what the Jumbotron said.

No they booed some when Chiefs came out. But it stopped and got quiet as they started standing and holding hands. Then the booing started up again. I’d still like to know what the Jumbotron said.
We believe justice for all. We believe black lives matter. The woke Instagram board of a 17 year old turned into a Jumbotron for people paying money to watch a game and don’t want this shoved down their throats.

There are racists. Probably at the game. None of this will change them. As I said before the biggest thing to reduce racism is time. The generations to follow will be better people.

Last edited:
Huh. I'll have to talk to my business partner who has been downtown a couple of times a month all through the pandemic working with LAPD and City of Los Angeles leadership on ideas to reallocate resources to better address these ideas. He thought we was working on trying to sort these things out.

Your problem is really obvious. You want this to be a "sides" thing or a "you guys" thing. I'm not really interested in that, so I can see why we have a disconnect. Your description of "one side" is exactly the thing you constantly complain about - people failing to take the time to have deeper understanding of events. As such, you just want to attribute positions and ideas to people who don't have them so that you can get back to complaining about your discomfort. When you show some sincere interest in engaging on the issues instead of just complaining about how rough the nation's racial conversation has been on you, maybe there will be more to chat about.
Ok I get it. You’re a much much much better person than I.

This is how JJ Watt saw it:

The moment of unity I, personally, thought was good, I mean, the booing during that moment was unfortunate. I don't fully understand that. There was no flag involved. There was nothing involved other than two teams coming together to show unity

People were livid (dare I say people went cancel culture) on Kap not because of what he was complaining about but because kneeling during the national anthem was the single most offensive action to ever occur in American history.

So here the two teams came up with something else. It had nothing to do with the anthem. People boo. It shows people were not truthful on Kap. They really did not give a damn about how Kap carried out his protest, their argument was about something else.
You assume much with this take.

He/she sounds like a hillbilly drama queen to me.

Blah blah blah. Partner. Business partner. Real estate partner. Law partner. Movie producer partner. Nwsl partner. Just what kind of partner are we dealing with here?

I owe you an apology if your phrasing “it was never about then anthem” wasn’t a veiled direct accusation of saying it was about racism all along.

I mean it, sincere apology...if that’s not what you meant.

Only tangentially. Anything Kap did would have met resistance. To me, booing a moment of silence proves that. Only part if that resistance is race. Some is just "this is new and I do not like it" and some is political. There is no protest method Kap could have done that would not have been controversial for some reason or another.

Reactions: Circlejoe
The generations to follow will be better people.

I fully agree with you on this. My wife and I work in an environment with adolescents and college students, and they make us feel optimistic about the future because they are extremely bright and more accepting of others (well, most). We just need them to put a little more effort into voting.

Blah blah blah. Partner. Business partner. Real estate partner. Law partner. Movie producer partner. Nwsl partner. Just what kind of partner are we dealing with here?

Wut? The guy I who co-owns our production company with me and co-produces every project we do.

I fully agree with you on this. My wife and I work in an environment with adolescents and college students, and they make us feel optimistic about the future because they are extremely bright and more accepting of others (well, most). We just need them to put a little more effort into voting.
for sure. my 10 year old spends half her day walking behind me shaming me for what comes out of my mouth. i'm totally canceled at home. that's why i like getting on here and letting it fly a bit

We believe justice for all. We believe black lives matter. The woke Instagram board of a 17 year old turned into a Jumbotron for people paying money to watch a game and don’t want this shoved down their throats.

Yeah, that's some totes controversial stuff. Can totally see how things like "we believe in justice for all" and "we believe black lives matter" would really be upsetting. Next time maybe a flyover and "We believe in justice for some" would be more palatable for the boo-birds.

It's not that there was a political message being "shoved down their throats". It's that they didn't like the political message being expressed.

A little bit of everything. Mostly trending away from movies these days as that segment is rough, but have a few we're trying to get made.
okay i'm building a profile of you. out there in la where the weather's perfect and there's endless things to do. working a job and career that's super interesting and creative and exciting. no wonder you're always so positive on here. come slog your way through a smelly courthouse in a wool suit. or drive two hours to meet a bunch of hillbillies in a factory in the middle of nowhere. you and your positive outlook and opinions. i see you. you're in the good life bubble. it decreases the value of your opinions....

Yeah, that's some totes controversial stuff. Can totally see how things like "we believe in justice for all" and "we believe black lives matter" would really be upsetting. Next time maybe a flyover and "We believe in justice for some" would be more palatable for the boo-birds.

It's not that there was a political message being "shoved down their throats". It's that they didn't like the political message being expressed.

I wonder if the same people would have booed if a Marine Corps division paraded through.

Not everyone who hates Kap, or booed last night, are racist. Most probably are not. But the argument, "sure, racism is bad but don't bother me with it" is not showing a true grasp of the problem.

Acceptance isn’t addressing the current problem

okay i'm building a profile of you. out there in la where the weather's perfect and there's endless things to do. working a job and career that's super interesting and creative and exciting. no wonder you're always so positive on here. come slog your way through a smelly courthouse in a wool suit. or drive two hours to meet a bunch of hillbillies in a factory in the middle of nowhere. you and your positive outlook and opinions. i see you. you're in the good life bubble. it decreases the value of your opinions....

Haha. You got what decreases the value of my opinions all wrong (just ask my wife!) St. Louis is a beautiful city and the "super interesting, creative, and exciting career" sounds good, but it's making sausage like most everyone else's job. It's all how you look at it. I've done more than my fair share of driving hours to meet a bunch of hillbillies in a factory in the middle of nowhere. Heck, that's the fun part of the job. I drink moonshine from canning jars out near the NC/SC/GA line while on the clock. ;)

Haha. You got what decreases the value of my opinions all wrong (just ask my wife!) St. Louis is a beautiful city and the "super interesting, creative, and exciting career" sounds good, but it's making sausage like most everyone else's job. It's all how you look at it. I've done more than my fair share of driving hours to meet a bunch of hillbillies in a factory in the middle of nowhere. Heck, that's the fun part of the job. I drink moonshine from canning jars out near the NC/SC/GA line while on the clock. ;)
LOL well said. Though JDB is right about saint louis....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT