ADVERTISEMENT

Chiefs fans

So the Chiefs had a moment of silence and unity where they stood arms locked in a line with the Texans players. Many fans booed during the moment of silence.

I think this proves it was never about the Anthem.
I don’t know what you mean. Clip?

So the Chiefs had a moment of silence and unity where they stood arms locked in a line with the Texans players. Many fans booed during the moment of silence.

Were fans allowed at the game? What was the context?

The context was probably a bunch of average joes wanting a break from their shitty lives to watch football and just football.

Yea, perhaps they are sick of the NFL's constant stunts and whining... but, if so, why wouldn't you stop watching it?

They are also particularly upset about the cancel culture's elimination of Chief costumes and the chop.

Was the moment of silence for BLM, police brutality, or for all black lives lost, including black on black crime and the destruction of pre-born lives? Just trying to understand the context of the booing.

Were fans allowed at the game? What was the context?
There are about 17,000 fans at the game. Alicia Keys sang Lift Every Voice, then they played national anthem. Texans stayed in locker room for both. Chiefs were out and only one player was kneeling. Then the announcer asked for a moment of silence for unity, can’t recall exact words. Players of both teams linked arms and stood together in one line. I was stunned to hear booing.

I still don’t understand what you think it proves. I saw the clip now. My guess is that the booers didn’t care for the messaging on the stadium jumbotrons.

what do you think it proved? That every booer is a devout racist?

I might have missed something, or maybe there were some signs flashing on the scoreboards, but I didn’t hear anything said about BLM, Floyd, etc.

There are about 17,000 fans at the game. Alicia Keys sang Lift Every Voice, then they played national anthem. Texans stayed in locker room for both. Chiefs were out and only one player was kneeling. Then the announcer asked for a moment of silence for unity, can’t recall exact words. Players of both teams linked arms and stood together in one line. I was stunned to hear booing.
I wasn’t.

Reactions: Florida4IU
Maybe the boos were because they’ve been sauced up all evening and kickoff was like 20 min past when it was supposed to be.

Singing a "black national anthem" and then calling for unity... this entire episode is confusing me

Well some people h
Some people go to a sporting event to see a sporting event. They don’t want to hear political shit - and sadly even a moment of unity has become political.
Well some people haven’t been living in the real world. Sports has always been political. They could always take the anthem out. That would help shorten the wait...

This. I've completely stopped watching sports. I have better stuff to do with my time, like shit posting on here :D

images

Reactions: mcmurtry66
This. I've completely stopped watching sports. I have better stuff to do with my time, like shit posting on here :D
Ditto. I don’t care about it either. The combo of the pandemic and no fans did it for me. Hockey seemed the worst. Two teams playing each other on neutral ice with no fans seven times. Yikes. Too many good shows id rather watch over sports

I’m sick of players kneeling to pray and organizing circles of prayer. Religion needs to take an exit from sports. Some of just want to watch sports...

Yadda yadda yadda. Some reference to cancel culture and free speech (?). Yadda.

There were signs on the scoreboard. But the interesting thing was that the short boos were replaced quickly by cheers and applause. I don’t know what the hell Marv is so convinced was conclusive.

People were livid (dare I say people went cancel culture) on Kap not because of what he was complaining about but because kneeling during the national anthem was the single most offensive action to ever occur in American history.

So here the two teams came up with something else. It had nothing to do with the anthem. People boo. It shows people were not truthful on Kap. They really did not give a damn about how Kap carried out his protest, their argument was about something else.

Where’s the love for Native Americans? How ironic that we “stand united” for equality while the home team is named the “Chiefs”. K.C. fans mock their culture with their cute battle cry and tomahawk chop!
Lame. It’s all garbage. Let’s dismantle it all, I’m not satisfied and I’m certainly offended.

Get rid of singing the NA at sporting events altogether. It’s pointless and makes no sense. There was a time and place after WWII. It’s turned into a charade.

Reactions: UncleMark
Where’s the love for Native Americans? How ironic that we “stand united” for equality while the home team is named the “Chiefs”. K.C. fans mock their culture with their cute battle cry and tomahawk chop!
Lame. It’s all garbage. Let’s dismantle it all, I’m not satisfied and I’m certainly offended.

Of course the Chiefs should be renamed. We did finally get the win in Washington this season. It just takes far too long.

Yet you used it in your posts instead of the shorter KC.
Old habits, we use the team name and not the city name. Anyone I ask what team they back will say Colts, Cubs, Cardinals, etc and not Indianapolis, Chicago, St Louis. Me, Bengals, Reds, Pacers and of course Hoosiers.

Some don’t think there was much if any booing at all. Sounded like it on TV, but some fan videos from within the stadium sound a bit different.

Old habits, we use the team name and not the city name. Anyone I ask what team they back will say Colts, Cubs, Cardinals, etc and not Indianapolis, Chicago, St Louis. Me, Bengals, Reds, Pacers and of course Hoosiers.

exactly, it’s a branding nightmare. Why can’t the Chiefs keep their name and change their logo to Jeff Bezos or Tim Cook?

People were livid (dare I say people went cancel culture) on Kap not because of what he was complaining about but because kneeling during the national anthem was the single most offensive action to ever occur in American history.

So here the two teams came up with something else. It had nothing to do with the anthem. People boo. It shows people were not truthful on Kap. They really did not give a damn about how Kap carried out his protest, their argument was about something else.
So NFL fans are all just blatant racists then. Why not just say it?

exactly, it’s a branding nightmare. Why can’t the Chiefs keep their name and change their logo to Jeff Bezos or Tim Cook?

I hate business schools for creating the concept that the most important thing in the universe is branding. "I am sorry but your red is 139,0,0 and we require 139.0.1".

Reactions: UncleMark

So you are fine with cancel culture so long as it only goes your way?

Being opposed to kneeling during the NA and being opposed to whatever you think they are opposed to are not mutually exclusive.

There has also been a considerable amount of time and additional factors since then. There’s also been a considerable amount of coverage already:

maxresdefault.jpg

I hate business schools for creating the concept that the most important thing in the universe is branding. "I am sorry but your red is 139,0,0 and we require 139.0.1".

the Chiefs are a brand Marc, you literally just confirmed that and indicated that is how you know teams.

that’s why it’s taken forever for people to drop name usage like Sears Tower, Commiskey Park

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT