ADVERTISEMENT

Chicken or egg - quality product or fan support

Sep 4, 2018
This is the team we’re supposed to blindly support in order for them to build the program?

No, sir. They are unwatchable. I’ve never been more confident in the fact that this program needs to show something in order to garner the support it thinks it’s entitled to.

I don’t know when Indiana will be worth a damn. I don’t know when Indiana will be able to avoid being the punchline on College Gameday. But it will not come until the program figures out how to put a quality product on the field for 12 regular season games. It has nothing to do with fan support and fans leaving early.

This is the team we’re supposed to blindly support in order for them to build the program?

No, sir. They are unwatchable. I’ve never been more confident in the fact that this program needs to show something in order to garner the support it thinks it’s entitled to.

I don’t know when Indiana will be worth a damn. I don’t know when Indiana will be able to avoid being the punchline on College Gameday. But it will not come until the program figures out how to put a quality product on the field for 12 regular season games. It has nothing to do with fan support and fans leaving early.
Every time indiana looks like crap I’m going to post a pessimistic thread on the basketball board. It seems to work every time

Football is institutional. When Penn State goes through a scandal like they did without really hurting their football program, I don't think there is much IU can do. Something drastic would have to happen for them to out recruit OSU or Michigan or ND. The talent level differential with the big name teams is just too much.

Northwestern turned football around. Plenty of universities have built programs from thedumps, including UK (ranked in the top 20). UCF? Whoever heard of them until a few years ago. Iowa sucked for a long time. Wisconsin sucked for a long time. Indiana uses just enough resources on the football program to get a decent r.o.i. . IU is, after all, a business school. Football stinks at IU because the administration is satisfied with their investment (or lack thereof).

Northwestern turned football around. Plenty of universities have built programs from thedumps, including UK (ranked in the top 20). UCF? Whoever heard of them until a few years ago. Iowa sucked for a long time. Wisconsin sucked for a long time. Indiana uses just enough resources on the football program to get a decent r.o.i. . IU is, after all, a business school. Football stinks at IU because the administration is satisfied with their investment (or lack thereof).

Right about NW, Wisconsin and other perennial 'doormats' building respectable football programs, but IU is so NOT a "business school". Where does shit like this even come from?

Reactions: GregHaggard
IU needs to put a Quality Product on the football field first. The Head Coach is the program. IU needs to put big money together to buy a high ceiling up and coming coach, or forever be stuck in the, "you get what you pay for" cycle of coaching mediocrity.

Reactions: birdforbogey
I never remember IU defeating Ohio State in football. Penn State, only once a few years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT