ADVERTISEMENT

Cheerleader uniforms

secondasky

Junior
Sep 8, 2013
Coming from my former cheerleader wife- I'm wondering what the reason is the cheerleader uniforms aren't updated comparable to what you see on most (not all) but most college teams. The long sleeves they wear covered with a sleeveless material appear to look like sweaters (I know they're not). They look to be uncomfortable in hot weather. Usually tall white socks.

To each his own I suppose, but if a person is that invested in either the cheerleaders or the marching band I have a tough time seriously considering that person's opinion about the football team's performance.

I spent my fall afternoons and Friday nights in high school focused on practicing and playing football. Consequently, I have almost no experience that would qualify me to judge a marching band or cheerleading performance. I tend to believe the opposite is also true.

Coming from my former cheerleader wife- I'm wondering what the reason is the cheerleader uniforms aren't updated comparable to what you see on most (not all) but most college teams. The long sleeves they wear covered with a sleeveless material appear to look like sweaters (I know they're not). They look to be uncomfortable in hot weather. Usually tall white socks.
vote for megan.

I'm and old man (57). My wife wants the dance team back at basketball games. I agree of course. She thinks the cheerleader outfits are from the 50's and should be updated. I agree also. Since I posted these concepts from the mind of a women it's not as creepy as me alone. One original thought, the red steppers ROCK!

I'm and old man (57). My wife wants the dance team back at basketball games. I agree of course. She thinks the cheerleader outfits are from the 50's and should be updated. I agree also. Since I posted these concepts from the mind of a women it's not as creepy as me alone. One original thought, the red steppers ROCK!

I have said something about cheering uniforms the last 15 years. And I might add if u have a short haircut I guess it’s need not try out because u can’t secure a big white bow Can’t wait for the game Saturday in person … love football and was hoping during the pandemic no fans time the band would hopefully come up with new material and cheerleaders would finally dress like other schools in 2021. Guess not and I’m in my 70s female that feels we r behind the times and need update big time

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT