ADVERTISEMENT

Cheerleader outfits and some thoughts

Is there an active waiting list for season tickets?
Even if there was - I assumed with seating based on priority points - meant a donor could buy their way ahead of current season ticket holders...

Old Man rant.
Attended IU in the late 80s.

We got 8 games 4 upstairs and 4 downstairs and that's it

Balcony was always full.

I agree.....put the students on the floor in a TRUE student section, and they will come. Look at Duke. They are not letting $$$ get in the way. Put the non-students in the balconies. They had there turn. It's about the students NOW. Put them in them in the best seats, on the floor, halfcourt, first few rows, in plain view of the t.v. cameras, and the recruits will see this and come. They want the "Duke" type crowd/atmosphere.
There isn’t a single school anywhere that does what you evidently think they do. IU puts as many students on or close to the floor as about anyone and more than most. A lot of schools position some students to look good on camera but none of them, not even Duke, give students all the best seats.

Is there an active waiting list for season tickets?
Even if there was - I assumed with seating based on priority points - meant a donor could buy their way ahead of current season ticket holders...
Yes there is.

Yes there is.
So once you are in are you in forever as long as donation requirements are met - or can you get bumped the next season by someone making a larger donation and going above your priority point level, leaving you w/out seats?

There isn’t a single school anywhere that does what you evidently think they do. IU puts as many students on or close to the floor as about anyone and more than most. A lot of schools position some students to look good on camera but none of them, not even Duke, give students all the best seats.

But that can't be..... Have you seen the pictures he posted?

Reactions: Daydreamer
maxresdefault.jpg

For anybody who says "even at Duke, the students don't get the front row," WRONG!
486dff5864335c9dae2622b9bdf1e353.jpg

Last edited:
You keep saying that Duke students don't have front row seats? I say otherwise. And I continue to prove you wrong. Keep at it. You're hysterical!!

You keep saying that Duke students don't have front row seats? I say otherwise. And I continue to prove you wrong. Keep at it. You're hysterical!!
No, I keep saying that Duke students don't have ALL the front row seats, which is what you are clearly trying to portray.

YES, Duke students have all the front row seats on the camera facing side. How many times have we been through this? Enjoy your balcony GG seats. Bring you binoculars and some tissues for your nose; and for your eyes, with the product IU has put on the floor the majority of the last 20 years.
No wonder why high recruits don't come here. Lots of square fans, stick in 1987.
Move forward or be left behind. IU has learned anything in nearly 20 years. And IU football? Ha! No bowl win since the Copper Bowl in the early 90s. Pathetic. I want to keep this thread going until IU wins another Natty in hoops, or wins 10 football games in a season.
Please keep responding; you are helping this thread. I love it!
fans01_800.jpg

UCLA-student-section-55.jpg

120210015141-duke-cameron-crazies-story-top.jpg

ucla-cheer.jpg

Where are the turtlenecks?

3Q2A0604-S.jpg

Reactions: IUgradman
YES, Duke students have all the front row seats on the camera facing side. How many times have we been through this? Enjoy your balcony GG seats. Bring you binoculars and some tissues for your nose; and for your eyes, with the product IU has put on the floor the majority of the last 20 years.
No wonder why high recruits don't come here. Lots of square fans, stick in 1987.
Move forward or be left behind. IU has learned anything in nearly 20 years. And IU football? Ha! No bowl win since the Copper Bowl in the early 90s. Pathetic. I want to keep this thread going until IU wins another Natty in hoops, or wins 10 football games in a season.
Please keep responding; you are helping this thread. I love it!
fans01_800.jpg

UCLA-student-section-55.jpg

120210015141-duke-cameron-crazies-story-top.jpg

ucla-cheer.jpg

Where are the turtlenecks?

3Q2A0604-S.jpg
We haven’t been through it at all because you’re changing what you’ve said all along. Your whine fest and some pictures aren’t going to get you in the front row. Making an intelligent case might but it doesn’t look like you’re capable.

Most major college teams have a bunch of students sitting up near the front rows for spirit, great tv optics, and intimidation.
Now go ahead an tell me how I'm "wrong" about Maryland. Been to a half-dozen games there.
THIS is a home court where students are seated properly. They have 90% of the best seats in the house.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Most major college teams have a bunch of students sitting in the front rows for spirit, great tv optics, and intimidation.
Now go ahead an tell me how I'm "wrong" about Maryland. Been to a half-dozen games there.
maxresdefault.jpg
You can pretty clearly tell from your photo that students aren’t sitting in the front rows except under the basket. Not only does your argument keep changing, you keep posting photos that don’t support what you’re saying.

Did this thread switch to showing how universities coordinate ‘color’ themes, such as a white-out, stripe out, etc....
I think it clearly was organized better by IU than the yellow-out posted above

No courtside students on the floor at IU...just one side, underneath the baskets.
I'll keep posting, to show how dated IU is.
pittsburgh-panthers.jpg

14185151-mmmain.jpg

images

Long sleeves, one piece, turtlenecks?! LOL

No courtside students on the floor at IU...just one side, underneath the baskets.
pittsburgh-panthers.jpg

14185151-mmmain.jpg

images

So what is your end game here? We don’t run the AD. You complaining to us is pointless. You’re literally wasting your time.

It's fun listening to you and a few others talk about IU like your Fred Glass' wife. Just because you like something, doesn't make it right. I love IU, we just need to make some changes to get better on the court. These tweaks help. The OP was 100% right, and was bashed for it. THAT is the problem with IU fans; embracing mediocrity and not willing to change, because "We're IU, and we don't do it that way."
And the banners get lonely and dusty and distant.
capthis021208.jpg

Reactions: IUgradman
pittsburgh-panthers.jpg

14185151-mmmain.jpg

images

You go right ahead posting pictures showing student sections not the front row while claiming they are.

Reactions: RBB89
It's fun listening to you and a few others talk about IU like your Fred Glass' wife. Just because you like something, doesn't make it right. I love IU, we just need to make some changes to get better on the court. These tweaks help. The OP was 100% right, and was bashed for it. THAT is the problem with IU fans; embracing mediocrity and not willing to change, because "We're IU, and we don't do it that way."
And the banners get lonely and dusty and distant.
capthis021208.jpg
See, here’s where his obsession goes right off the rail. He posted, “I love IU, we just need to make some changes to get better on the court.“

Absolutely none of his proposals would help us play “better on the court” and he doesn’t even realize he said this.

Reactions: RBB89 and IU Scott
Only the media members are closer to the action at Duke,
Time for Ass Hall to make a change. Kids want the best seats. It will be another 30 years before IU wins another Natty.
And I am going to keep this thread open until then. Pissing you off makes me happy.
Are you, like, 9 years old or something? Jesus.

I mentioned this before, and most people agreed, but it was during the off-season, so I'm not sure of the sample size, so I'll ask your thoughts again.

Like everyone on this board, I watch several college basketball games on t.v. everyday.
I've always noticed how our cheerleaders wear "very conservative" outfits. (Turtlenecks, no bare midriffs, hardly any skin showing, mostly "cute" girls)
I am all for tradition, but our girls look like they are stuck in 1958. (Believe me, I totally get the "class" factor, the non-sleaziness, and the fact that our cheerleaders win national competitions all the time.) And I totally understand IU for "standing pat" in this day and age of "skin sells."

However, I can't help but think that we need to change a bit with the times. When a potential recruit sees us on t.v. or comes to a game in the dead of winter, are we doing enough to entice him? Bloomington had some of the best looking co-eds when I was a student there two decades ago. This does not translate to our cheerleaders; who are "the face of the female student body" when IU is shown on t.v. during hoop games.
Again, I respect what they do, and they are not unattractive, but can we at least make them a little more provocative for our potential recruits? Do we even have a dance team who shows bare arms?

I'm not saying that cheerleaders are the only reason why a basketball player chooses a school. Heck, that's probably not even .0001% of the reason why. As a high school AD, I tend to know how impressionable 17-year old boys think.
I'm not asking for UCLA, USC, or Oregon. I just want us to get out of the 1950's. I know it sounds crazy, but the conservative nature of our "image" might be hurting us a little. It's 2018.

Would I like to see an alternative basketball uniform every now and then? Yes, but not too often. Do we need names on the back of our jerseys? Probably not. I just know that image and style means a lot these days to kids.
Would I like to see our student section right at midcourt, down low, going nuts, right where the television has the main camera of the court? Yes. (Like Michigan and Michigan State, Ohio State, and most others do)
My point is that if we make some small changes here and there, and at least attempt to keep up with the times a bit more, than I think the overall product- IU Basketball- will improve.

By the way, I love the Archie hire. When he brings in his kids and gets them to buy into his defensive-minded approach, I think we will be a perennial Top 10 team again.
I just want to give IU a little "nudge" into the 21st century. (And yes, I'm aware of the facility updates. And they are fantastic)

So, question for all of us IU fans: What is one thing you would change "off the court" in order to help the IU hoop program? Beer at home games? Students seated lower? Cheerleaders outfits from this century? Uniform tweak? Better non-conference schedule?

Thanks.
I say: flash more thigh!

Reactions: snarlcakes
ADVERTISEMENT