ADVERTISEMENT

Check Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rip us to shreds? You mean like you do your girlfriend every night. And here is a nice pic of you two just prior to attending the last game. I see you were wearing your Tom Crean Replica Coaching shirt for the occasion.
stock-photo-nerd-and-his-blow-up-girlfriend-similar-available-in-my-portfolio-22876108.jpg

shocker, you couldn't answer a question.... How's the wine bar scene today?

@Tony Warwick:

Thanks in part to Crean, those teams are not IU's peers, they have surpassed us.

Furthermore, IU has been to one final four since 1987. It is abundantly clear Crean is not the coach to hang another title banner at IU.

I named those schools because they have achieved far greater success than IU has under Crean....doing it without WWW and Boo Williams.
IU has been to two F4s since '87, but who's counting.

Butler has 2, the rest have been mildly successful. Besides Wisky, all play in crap conferences and pad their wins elevating their perceived success. Give Villanova another #1 seed and watch them get bounced early.

@Tony Warwick: you have been severely misinformed at what happened with Irving's recruitment.
With Tony and cav it's more like a GOP debate.......

.....arguing with uninformed, pretentious idiots.

IU is in 1st place....... you don't want mediocre tho..... IU gets good players and they are shady, not like the good clean winning programs(still no1 has named one, we came up with 4 programs that have one 1 NC in 75 years)..... Yup, I am the one not making sense. You fail miserably in the real world daily don't you.

IU has been to two F4s since '87, but who's counting.

Butler has 2, the rest have been mildly successful. Besides Wisky, all play in crap conferences and pad their wins elevating their perceived success. Give Villanova another #1 seed and watch them get bounced early.

Wisconsin has been to 3 in that time frame and done remarkably better in the B1G.

Yes, so dumb. Facts suck i realize, fiction is smart around here.

Yea... facts like Wisconsin hadn't been to more FFs than IU since in the last 25 years.

Dumb@ss.

IU is in 1st place....... you don't want mediocre tho..... IU gets good players and they are shady, not like the good clean winning programs(still no1 has named one, we came up with 4 programs that have one 1 NC in 75 years)..... Yup, I am the one not making sense. You fail miserably in the real world daily don't you.

And IU was in 1st place in the BIG going into the post season in 2013 with 2 lottery picks and a team full of veteran role players.......and then they chit the bed in both tourneys.

Post season success, you jacka$$......we want consistent post season success.

Yes, so dumb. Facts suck i realize, fiction is smart around here.
Wisconsin has been to 3 in that time frame and done remarkably better in the B1G.

Yea... facts like Wisconsin hadn't been to more FFs than IU since in the last 25 years.

Dumb@ss.
If IU just got to final 4s you would be ok with that? Nigel is a guy you would rip apart, so is Iverson. Nigel is outspoken, and not your PC wanting guy. I thought championships were the bar, I guess you can drop it when relevant in arguments....

@cavdog1985: see my response to Tony.

I named those programs because they have been far, far more successful in the last 8 seasons than IU, again, without resorting to WWW.

If IU goes to the final 4 this year then IU would have reached success level for you then right? Then your only problem would be the shady way we did it? I can't argue with you anymore. You win IU sucks, later!

I am going to reiterate for Cavdog:

1) You asked for you schools "doing it the right way" and having success. I named 4 in the Crean era at IU that are, yet you want to include the pre-Crean era. Fine in the Tom Crean era IU has grand total of 4 NCAA tournament wins. 4. Wisconsin won 5 just last season.

2) IU has fallen so far that those 4 schools have ALL succeeded more than IU in the Crean era. Doing it the right way. I answered the question you asked. When I did this, you redefined the parameters of the question.

3) Getting back to Crean, do you think $3 million plus a year is acceptable for a coach that has 4 NCAA tourney wins in 7+ seasons?

4) In Crean's 16 plus seasons as a HC, he has missed the NCAA tourney 9 times.

5) He over-recruits. He kicks players like Roth off the team, then simultaneously hands out rides to players like Priller and Gelon.

6) Again, for the one millionth time, he has meet expectations at IU for 1.5 seasons. For 3 million a year and a $750000 recruiting budget, you'd think it would be ok to expect better results.

7) Your only argument that has come close to being cognizant is Crean has been successful this season. I agree with this wholeheartedly. He meet expectations this season. However, let's examine the factors at play: the Big Ten isn't as good as it normally is. He has benched Troy, he indeed oversaw the recruitment of the frosh class, but this should be the expectation. He should be good to great EVERY season. He should be competing or winning a Big Ten title EVERY SEASON. The fact he does not, especially with his 16 year track record is why so many do not see him as the right man for the job.

I am not sure how much more clearly I can spell it out than I have over the last few days.

@cavdog1985:

I am clearly talking about a sustained level of postseason success. One good season in 2016 doesn't erase the previous 7 seasons of under-performance.

I am not 100% certain Crean is cheating. But with A-Hope, Martin as an assistant, Boo Williams, and a WWW sighting, yeah, that doesn't look good to me.

Enlighten me.

Let me ask, what program out there does it the right way? Every school mentioned here has done the same things you accuse Crean of doing and worse. I'm not saying it's right, but holding the program to some fictional standard is chitbox crazy. No coach will be able to make you happy, not Steve Alford, not Gregg Marshall, not Brad Stevens, no one.
You are as bat chit crazy as OS, Edumbs, and Cavdog1985 for stating we should be just like everyone else. Sorry, but I'd actually like to win the right way than cheat. Your closet UK Fandom is coming out again.

And IU was in 1st place in the BIG going into the post season in 2013 with 2 lottery picks and a team full of veteran role players.......and then they chit the bed in both tourneys.

Post season success, you jacka$$......we want consistent post season success.

Hold on there. Crean made those two into lottery players. And we made it to the Sweet 16! That's a win! We should have Sweet 16 banners.

Well that was easy you just named 4 programs that have not one a championship Since 1941, the other 3 never have........... Real Blue Bloods you got there? So mediocracy is ok now?
Please kill yourself and do us all a favor. This post makes Tony look smart.

Please tell me you aren't an IU grad? I mean seriously, how do you survive day to day when coming up with assumptions like this one. I really hope you are a 15 year old kid that is sitting in some dumb arse high school class right now. Because if you are a grown ass man, I'm shocked someone hasn't offed you for being stupid!

I am going to reiterate for Cavdog:

1) You asked for you schools "doing it the right way" and having success. I named 4 in the Crean era at IU that are, yet you want to include the pre-Crean era. Fine in the Tom Crean era IU has grand total of 4 NCAA tournament wins. 4. Wisconsin won 5 just last season.

2) IU has fallen so far that those 4 schools have ALL succeeded more than IU in the Crean era. Doing it the right way. I answered the question you asked. When I did this, you redefined the parameters of the question.

3) Getting back to Crean, do you think $3 million plus a year is acceptable for a coach that has 4 NCAA tourney wins in 7+ seasons?

4) In Crean's 16 plus seasons as a HC, he has missed the NCAA tourney 9 times.

5) He over-recruits. He kicks players like Roth off the team, then simultaneously hands out rides to players like Priller and Gelon.

6) Again, for the one millionth time, he has meet expectations at IU for 1.5 seasons. For 3 million a year and a $750000 recruiting budget, you'd think it would be ok to expect better results.

7) Your only argument that has come close to being cognizant is Crean has been successful this season. I agree with this wholeheartedly. He meet expectations this season. However, let's examine the factors at play: the Big Ten isn't as good as it normally is. He has benched Troy, he indeed oversaw the recruitment of the frosh class, but this should be the expectation. He should be good to great EVERY season. He should be competing or winning a Big Ten title EVERY SEASON. The fact he does not, especially with his 16 year track record is why so many do not see him as the right man for the job.

I am not sure how much more clearly I can spell it out than I have over the last few days.

This is beautiful.....well done.

Reactions: hoosierdug
Well that was easy you just named 4 programs that have not one a championship Since 1941, the other 3 never have........... Real Blue Bloods you got there? So mediocracy is ok now?
That's 4 that've exceeded IU under Crean. You could add the Shockers to that list as well. It's "won", not "one", dumba$$. It's also "mediocrity". If you're gonna embrace it, you should at least know how to spell it. Head back to the chaffing lips of your beloved now.

Please kill yourself and do us all a favor. This post makes Tony look smart.

Please tell me you aren't an IU grad? I mean seriously, how do you survive day to day when coming up with assumptions like this one. I really hope you are a 15 year old kid that is sitting in some dumb arse high school class right now. Because if you are a grown ass man, I'm shocked someone hasn't offed you for being stupid!
Lmao. When Mac starts calling you out for the dumba$$ that you clearly are, well, we can only hope you're neutered so you don't further water down the gene pool.

Reactions: mike41703
@cavdog1985:

I am clearly talking about a sustained level of postseason success. One good season in 2016 doesn't erase the previous 7 seasons of under-performance.

I am not 100% certain Crean is cheating. But with A-Hope, Martin as an assistant, Boo Williams, and a WWW sighting, yeah, that doesn't look good to me.

Crean and co are for sure cheating, just like Duke, UNC, KU, UK, AZ, and MSU. Frankly I want to be like those schools, and win championships. I understand you want to do it the right way but the most success your programs have done is made it to a final 4(99% sure they are cheating too). Everyone cheats today because the NCAA is retarded. Soon we will be paying players. Not one of those programs you listed are title contenders year in and year out, where mine are. I would not be shocked if there was something shady going with Sabonis at Gonzaga. They might look good from far away but shadiness is all over college basketball and its adopt or die. If you want the good players baggage comes with it (in forms of guardians and AAU coaches). IU is still more focused on academics then the rest of the schools I mentioned and actually has a pretty good thing going with its 3 year grad program. Shit Nigel Hayes press conferences this fanbase would flip over. Have you seen some of the bling that dude has? I would be hard pressed to think some agent hasn't got him by now.

That's 4 that've exceeded IU under Crean. You could add the Shockers to that list as well. It's "won", not "one", dumba$$. It's also "mediocrity". If you're gonna embrace it, you should at least know how to spell it. Head back to the chaffing lips of your beloved now.

You have 0 basketball information, stop talking.

Can you please learn the difference between "one" and "won"? Jeebus, you make IUScott look like a MENSA member.

Okay, well still doesn't make sense on why you go. Is she living vicariously through the lives of her sorority girls??

Her love affair for Tommy is little obsessive in my opinion. Heck, I though she was Joni Crean as much as she promotes and defends.

On a side note: How does one become a Sorority dad??

QFt5zBW.gif

How does one become a sorority dad? The movie Old School provides a pretty good blueprint.

shocker, you couldn't answer a question.... How's the wine bar scene today?
Bars are pretty good. You meet actual people. Hang out. Have intelligent discussions. ALL of which you are clueless about. You should try getting out of your parents basements once in a while. Maybe take a break from the inflatable girlfriend.

more good basketball info........ Can you name 3 players on 10 teams in the big ten?
Yep. And that makes me smart? Dude, you're an idiot. Seriously. If you even have a degree, it's shameful to the institution that provided you an education.

@Tony Warwick:

Irving's dad didn't like Crean, and as stated previously, McCloud pretty much betrayed his employer.

I am not sure there is much to fault Crean with in either scenario, but I have heard nothing but the McCloud story.
There isn't. Who wouldn't want to play for a legend vs a pant tugging spaz? But yea, it was because they paid him. lmfao

Yep. And that makes me smart? Dude, you're an idiot. Seriously. If you even have a degree, it's shameful to the institution that provided you an education.

You have yet to say one thing relative to basketball, and have mentioned inflatable gfs over 5 times now. You have also posted around 2 or 3 pictures of such. I have never seen a plastic phuckdoll in real life yet you are fixated on these. Now it doesn't take an Einstein to know 100% you have phuked one in the past. You got a fetish, it's cute!

Please change your handle to D.a.D.S. Dumb as dog sh*t

Im out, you should be ashamed of yourself!? D.a.D.S....... WTF. Tea bagging piranhas was at least funny. More funny because it was miss spelled, that is the norm go to insult around here. I can understand now why this place attracts similar minded people. Enjoy your weekend, Ill come back after Maryland for some more good laughs.

If IU just got to final 4s you would be ok with that? Nigel is a guy you would rip apart, so is Iverson. Nigel is outspoken, and not your PC wanting guy. I thought championships were the bar, I guess you can drop it when relevant in arguments....

Yes, if Tom Crean made it to a couple FFs by now, I would be much less critical of him.

And... I've been to more Wisky games than IU games this year. Like their team and Hayes. He's a good kid; I've met him before. If they didn't have a coaching change, they could've won a share of the B1G. That's after coming off of back to back FFs. That's coaching.

Any more brain busters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT