ADVERTISEMENT

Check Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Master of mediocrity. We along with Maryland have the most talent in the league. Did Crean do a good job, yea. He didn't fail. He's right where he should be. BUT. We should have competed for 4 titles. Instead we had two years of incompetent BS, which is not wiped out by holding serve and being where we should be, this year.

This guy is an incompetent clown, he's only functional enough to either under-perform or perform to the level of his talent. He has never once in his career over-performed above his talent and never will. He doesn't have the coaching chops and it's obvious. It's fine that the rah rah people celebrate this title, but it will only enable the mediocrity of Tom Crean and his brand of low IQ dumby ball to continue.
IU was pretty loaded with Blackmon and Johnson. Losing those guys and not missing a step is damn impressive. Crean's roster management this year has been nothing less than stellar. Yogi (and Williams to a certain degree) figured it out, they started playing D and the freshman have over-performed. Anyone who suggests otherwise is delusional.

IU was pretty loaded with Blackmon and Johnson. Losing those guys and not missing a step is pretty damn impressive. Crean roster management this year has been nothing less than stellar. Yogi (and Williams to a certain degree) figured it out, they started playing D and the freshman have over-performed. Anyone who suggests otherwise is delusional.

Why are you speaking to me, Toni? I DGAFF what you say or think or what you believe Crean did this year. You're an effeminate overly sensitive walking vag. Go away ..

Reactions: Lucy01
Well, if you think they are playing low IQ ball right now, maybe you need to check your basketball IQ. I've said multiple times that I don't think CTC is the long term answer. However, I'm smart enough to go along and enjoy the ride. I'd just stop watching if I was just sitting around hoping for an IU loss. This team has been very fun to watch. They may flame out in the tourney. Injuries are certainly piling up. That doesn't mean I have to whine and bitch and moan all season. The conference season has been really enjoyable and they've played some very good ball.

^^^
Enabler of mediocrity ..

I expect to be competitive every year, but I think expecting to win championships every year is a tad bit unrealistic. Even when RMK was in his prime, he had some awful seasons and so does every program/coach.
Oh Tonicakes....Your reading comprehension sucks. He said he expects to compete for a championship every year...not win a championship every year. Big difference.

Oh Tonicakes....Your reading comprehension sucks. He said he expects to compete for a championship every year...not win a championship every year. Big difference.

Man, if you continue he'll bleed all over the board..

Toni is a chronic menstruator..

yea, I know, gross..

Reactions: Lucy01
PLUG IT UP! PLUG IT UP!

lol .......
d845f24e2d8a70af_Carrie3.gif

Reactions: T.M.P.
Yup, driving in the car today and listening to Chicago and Indianapolis sportscasters raving about the mediocrity of Indiana basketball.

Cause' that's the real measure of success, if some regional sportscasters are impressed. Some programs are perennial, not occasional top ten programs. We should be one of them, we're not & never will be with CTC. But I suppose as long as people like you get excited every 3 or 4 years when we win a conference title & flame-out in the tournaments, which is going to happen again this year, why would FG make a change? If you lower expectations enough, you'll rarely be disappointed though, so you've got that going for you...

Master of mediocrity. We along with Maryland have the most talent in the league. Did Crean do a good job, yea. He didn't fail. He's right where he should be. BUT. We should have competed for 4 titles. Instead we had two years of incompetent BS, which is not wiped out by holding serve and being where we should be, this year.

This guy is an incompetent clown, he's only functional enough to either under-perform or perform to the level of his talent. He has never once in his career over-performed above his talent and never will. He doesn't have the coaching chops and it's obvious. It's fine that the rah rah people celebrate this title, but it will only enable the mediocrity of Tom Crean and his brand of low IQ dumby ball to continue.

F*CK YEAH! This is what I'm talking about.

IU was pretty loaded with Blackmon and Johnson. Losing those guys and not missing a step is damn impressive. Crean's roster management this year has been nothing less than stellar. Yogi (and Williams to a certain degree) figured it out, they started playing D and the freshman have over-performed. Anyone who suggests otherwise is delusional.

Let's not go overboard, unless you're giving Crean credit for "benching" Blackmon? If he was healthy, he'd still be playing and starting and we'd likely still be mired in the 200s defensive range. Instead we move from the 200s to the 60s and viola, we start to play to our capability. It's really an indictment of Crean's offensive first, 2nd and 3rd approach if you think about it. And I'm not giving TW credit for playing D: did you see the way IL tried to isolate on him and take it to him? I'd be embarrassed if I was the most talented athlete on the floor and yet the other team was targeting me. Troy's game always comes down to decision making, if it's OK he's good, if it's not, not. He's improved his decision making, shooting and motor but he's still got a long way to go defensively; especially when you consider what he's capable of.

I'll give Crean credit in a lot of areas, but I don't see "roster management" as stellar, it's just not been as bone-headed as in the past.

Reactions: FL33 and Lucy01
Were they serving adult beverages in said arena? Why wouldn't you watch at a bar if you wanted to be amongst people?

Don't tell me they were paying $5 for a soda in said arena and $5 hot dogs, no less. I cannot see how this would be fun.

Maybe if they had 3D life-size holograms running the court.

Maybe.
They wanted to be on TV and had little or no life. Now if Cavdouche could get on TV he'd fit right in with them. Unfortunately he was at home banging the plastic mouth gf while watching Crean give his post game Maryland guarantee.

Reactions: mike41703
Stupid. We have slipped to winning two B1G titles in 4 years. Oh the shame.
Dammit, Zeke. That's out of context and you know it. How did the season we won the last B1G title turn out? Cutting down nets after a senior night loss? Looking lost against a 'Cuse zone we had a week to prepare for? With 2 Top 5 NBA picks.
Even Glass has acknowledged that deep tourney runs are to be expected. When has that happened under Crean? You want to celebrate B1G championships as the end-all-be-all? Move to W Lafayette or Madison. It's great what he's done to modify his approach this year (it only took 17 years of coaching, but I digress). It's a great run this team has been on, but you'll forgive me if I'm more than a little skeptical with his coaching resume in the tourney and the spastic giraffe WAY overdue with a turnover implosion.

Dammit, Zeke. That's out of context and you know it. How did the season we won the last B1G title turn out? Cutting down nets after a senior night loss? Looking lost against a 'Cuse zone we had a week to prepare for? With 2 Top 5 NBA picks.
Even Glass has acknowledged that deep tourney runs are to be expected. When has that happened under Crean? You want to celebrate B1G championships as the end-all-be-all? Move to W Lafayette or Madison. It's great what he's done to modify his approach this year (it only took 17 years of coaching, but I digress). It's a great run this team has been on, but you'll forgive me if I'm more than a little skeptical with his coaching resume in the tourney and the spastic giraffe WAY overdue with a turnover implosion.

What's sad is that the freeboard knew the changes that needed to be made with this team in Nov, and it took our 3 million a year genius until January to make them. Seriously. He was outcoached by the freeboard. How special (ed) is that?

And you all might take a look at the locker room celebration and speech by CTC.
Cause' that's the real measure of success, if some regional sportscasters are impressed. Some programs are perennial, not occasional top ten programs. We should be one of them, we're not & never will be with CTC. But I suppose as long as people like you get excited every 3 or 4 years when we win a conference title & flame-out in the tournaments, which is going to happen again this year, why would FG make a change? If you lower expectations enough, you'll rarely be disappointed though, so you've got that going for you...
First of all, some of them were national. Second of all sorry but it ain't 1975 and likely not going to be there again. People like you can live back 40 years ago and be pissed off every year, because gosh darn it, we should be undefeated. . Some of us live in the real world and understand that winning two conference titles in 4 years is kind of a big deal. Brad Stevens ain't coming, John Wooden is dead, and Bob Knight ain't coming back. Whine all you want. You're just hoping like hell for a flame out....that's pretty pathetic. But again, keep on making yourself miserable,

It's so funny the experts on the OTF... Of course everyone wants a deep tourney run. Actually, I don't think most of you guys do. You'd rather be able to say I told you they'd flame out. A season is 5 months long. I'm not going to be miserable for 4 months, because we may flame out in March. But wait....I thought we were flaming out in February! It may happen. It may not. Sorry, but you aren't going to get me to apologize for celebrating a Big 10 title . Its not 1976. We may or may not flame out. We still had a pretty great January and February.

It's so funny the experts on the OTF... Of course everyone wants a deep tourney run. Actually, I don't think most of you guys do. You'd rather be able to say I told you they'd flame out. A season is 5 months long. I'm not going to be miserable for 4 months, because we may flame out in March. But wait....I thought we were flaming out in February! It may happen. It may not. Sorry, but you aren't going to get me to apologize for celebrating a Big 10 title . Its not 1976. We may or may not flame out. We still had a pretty great January and February.
We did. You're right. As much as I'd like to see this team actually accomplish great things, you're right. I really don't. But not so I could say "I told you so", but because that would buy Crean A LOT more time and rope and ultimately he's not the guy. You know he's not, don't you? He has gotten this team to play decent D and hit the boards with abandon. The rest is Yogi having a memorable senior campaign, Troy limiting his penchant for stupidity and making more valuable plays than detracting ones, and Bryant playing with a grit and determination that belies his youth. Oh, I will also give him credit for discovering OG and JM, both of whom look to be very solid contributors, if not stars, for most of their time at IU.

And what did they do the other 2 years? Oh that's right they sucked dick and missed the the tourney once and should have last year and will next year. Just like your mediocre hero coach does. I expect to compete for championships every year not ever 2 out of 4 like your mediocre loving ass.
This is hilarious. "Your mediocre loving ass"-priceless!

And you all might take a look at the locker room celebration and speech by CTC.

First of all, some of them were national. Second of all sorry but it ain't 1975 and likely not going to be there again. People like you can live back 40 years ago and be pissed off every year, because gosh darn it, we should be undefeated. . Some of us live in the real world and understand that winning two conference titles in 4 years is kind of a big deal. Brad Stevens ain't coming, John Wooden is dead, and Bob Knight ain't coming back. Whine all you want. You're just hoping like hell for a flame out....that's pretty pathetic. But again, keep on making yourself miserable,

Expecting to be top ten is not expecting to be undefeated. With Indiana as a recruiting base & the resources available at IU there is no reason other than incompetency to not be there every year. We should be Kansas, or NC, or Duke, or MSU. I am not hoping for a flame-out but am able to make simple deductions based on all evidence that suggests that this will happen. To put it bluntly, your post is dumb. Keep making dumb posts & I'll have to assume the poster is as well.

I really don't understand the gloating by the likes of Bozich and Decourcy regarding Crean. Why is it so hard for them to understand why our fanbase was/is pissed and still skeptical of Crean? It's bizarre.

Well now that's a stupid post. I was at Assembly Hall last night. Were you? They went to watch a game, is there a problem with that? No one acted like they'd won a national championship. They acted like they just clinched the B1G. Alone. Which whoops, they did, didn't they? When I was at IU, one year there was an impromptu pep session after a Big title, with people running around from dorm to dorms. Might want to check how many teams have won two big ten titles in4 years in the last two decades. About those 5 national championships....30 years ago, right? What's really embarrassing is people that have written them off for dead cannot get over themselves and see what they have accomplished. You're missing out on a really fun team by being bitter and just waiting until we get a new coach. But you go on being you.
You were at Assembly Hall? Are you a student? Or did adults go too?

I really don't care if students went, but adults too? Why not just go to a bar and watch it on tv, or better yet, go home and watch it?

As for IU all of sudden being legit again with a Two regular season titles in Crean's tenure, I really need to see some tournament advancement past the Sweet 16 before I can really say "We're Back" or "We are legit again" or whatever else. IU men's bball is measured solely on post season success. That's what all the legendary programs measure success on, whether it's Alabama Football or Notre Dame Football or Duke Basketball or Kentucky Basketball. Do you really think KY fans are doing backflips when Calipari comes out and says hey we won two regular season conference titles!!! No they don't, and neither should any fans of a legendary program. I'm glad we are winning and I'm happy for the kids, but we have bigger fish that needs fried, and until we are consistently in the Sweet 16 with advancement into the Elite 8 and Final 4 on a semi regular basis, then I'm simply going to be happy for the accomplishments, but not giddy as a school girl like several in this thread are.

I really don't understand the gloating by the likes of Bozich and Decourcy regarding Crean. Why is it so hard for them to understand why our fanbase was/is pissed and still skeptical of Crean? It's bizarre.

I'm seriously just under the impression that people are just stupid as fk anymore. Must be some kind of neurological disorder from watching too many reality shows.....or maybe a ra-tard gene slipped into the gene pool a few centuries ago and has somehow bottle necked. Don't know. But yeah.....it's not like our argument isn't manifested on inconsequential evidence either.....it's his whole career....just his accomplishments at IU would still be sufficient to say hasn't earned his paycheck.

But whatever.....let his mouthpieces talk/write.....he still has the rest of a big fk'n mountain to climb and a legitimate basecamp to build and maintain before I crown him a conqueror.

You were at Assembly Hall? Are you a student? Or did adults go too?

I really don't care if students went, but adults too? Why not just go to a bar and watch it on tv, or better yet, go home and watch it?

She's a sorority mom or something. Keep up, mac.

Sorry, but you aren't going to get me to apologize ...

Just stay grounded and don't hurt yourself in the next couple of weeks, party girl. I'm not hoping for a flame-out but I'm not expecting anything more than that either.

She's a sorority mom or something. Keep up, mac.
Okay, well still doesn't make sense on why you go. Is she living vicariously through the lives of her sorority girls??

Her love affair for Tommy is little obsessive in my opinion. Heck, I though she was Joni Crean as much as she promotes and defends.

On a side note: How does one become a Sorority dad??

Reactions: IUSUMMERS
Expecting to be top ten is not expecting to be undefeated. With Indiana as a recruiting base & the resources available at IU there is no reason other than incompetency to not be there every year. We should be Kansas, or NC, or Duke, or MSU. I am not hoping for a flame-out but am able to make simple deductions based on all evidence that suggests that this will happen. To put it bluntly, your post is dumb. Keep making dumb posts & I'll have to assume the poster is as well.

^ THIS ^

You are exactly correct. Crean, matter of factly, does NOT have what it takes to get IU back to the level that the program is absolutely capable of reaching. Indiana, without question, has all of the built-in resources necessary to mirror the overall success of the nation's most consistently best programs such as Kansas, UNC, Duke, MSU, UK, etc.

For those who truly get it, one regular season where the team's performance was more or less on par with the talent on the roster, but tournament success still remains to be seen (and history suggests our NCAA tournament performance will be underwhelming, to say the least), sandwiched in between predominantly underperforming and underwhelming seasons, holding true to an established undesirable pattern, doesn't suddenly change their opinion (fact, really) that Tom Crean is not, and never will be capable of leading this program to the great heights it's really, truly capable of achieving as a whole.

Basically it all boils down to an understanding that the longer Tom Crean remains, the longer we have to wait to begin to move the program in a direction that is prospectively capable of seeing it reach the heights of its tremendous potential. As odd as it sounds, anything that takes place that moves the needle further along in the direction towards Tom Crean's dismissal as head coach at IU....it's for the greater good of the program. There's no doubt that it's a peculiar place to be at this moment in time. But it's best to keep in mind that this moment shall pass.

Much of the fan base grasps this notion, yet at the same time it seems just as many don't. The AOTF posters, however, by and large, do indeed buy into this notion, and decidedly so. I think for the portion of the fan base that doesn't grasp or even care to try and grasp the perspective which I describe, they have a very difficult time making a distinction between those of us who strive for Indiana to be the best basketball program it can be overall and those who want Indiana to “flameout” today just so they can say “Ha! Told ya so!”.

Of course, in reality I really don’t think there’s any IU fans that fit the “told ya so” description. However, the fans that are more seemingly content with very mild, yet fleeting success…yeah, all too often they come to the erroneous conclusion that those of us who strive for much bigger, better, and most importantly, ATTAINABLE things for this program are actually vindictive jerks who want to see IU fail just so we can throw it in their faces if the Hoosiers fall short of winning the national championship. It’s ridiculous.

Last edited:
I expect to be competitive every year, but I think expecting to win championships every year is a tad bit unrealistic. Even when RMK was in his prime, he had some awful seasons and so does every program/coach.

Never 7th or 8th. Ever.

Hell if Wisconsin can finish in the top 4 for 15 stinking years in a row you'd think IU would shoot for at least that.

Yup, driving in the car today and listening to Chicago and Indianapolis sportscasters raving about the mediocrity of Indiana basketball.
The sun shines on a dog's arse some days. At least until the second round.

I want to point out that some people on the AOTF, I don't want to say who, have placed Mac in the role of "voice of reason" poster. Is this reality? Donald Trump is running for President and Mac is making sense and calling people stupid.

Maybe I am coming out of anesthesia, but the world no longer seems real.

Anyway....

I will be honest: I wanted the team to tank this season to the point that TTT would be gone. As I have stated multiple times, this is not IU basketball to me. This is Clem Haskins basketball as taught by an orange man who finds the second most common defense in the basketball world to be the Gordian Knot.

This guy lets World Wide Wes hover around our program even after what happened in 2007-08. Crean is not a cool dude, he is a dick with ears. He can win it all, and it will not make up for what he done to Cheaney, Matt Roth, or all the other Creanings. The over-signing, the sweet 16 rings, the faux banners, the net cutting after a loss. on and on and on and on.

There is nothing Tom Crean can do to win me over. I don't like the guy, I don't like how he conducts his business with the Indiana logo on his clothes and paycheck. Once again, the ends do not justify the means.

Indiana is more than wins and losses. It is doing things the right way as well. IU basketball used to graduate doctors. Now we have almost the entire team in sham degree programs and crow about our APR.

IU basketball, despite the big ten title, is a shell of itself. It's a farce. Go to Assembly Hall, which is now a whore house of advertisements, spotlights, and stupid other shit like player intros with fog and that stupid Alan Parsons Project song playing.

If you find IU basketball enjoyable now, you probably go to Hall and Oates concerts at casinos and think its great. You probably like network sitcoms, and shop after 10pm at Wal Mart for Bud Light and other shitty tasting beers. You probably think eating at McDonald's is a good meal for your family, and Pringles are the 5th food group.

Sorry, but I have a hard time stomaching what a joke IU basketball is now.

I want to point out that some people on the AOTF, I don't want to say who, have placed Mac in the role of "voice of reason" poster. Is this reality? Donald Trump is running for President and Mac is making sense and calling people stupid.

Maybe I am coming out of anesthesia, but the world no longer seems real.

Anyway....

I will be honest: I wanted the team to tank this season to the point that TTT would be gone. As I have stated multiple times, this is not IU basketball to me. This is Clem Haskins basketball as taught by an orange man who finds the second most common defense in the basketball world to be the Gordian Knot.

This guy lets World Wide Wes hover around our program even after what happened in 2007-08. Crean is not a cool dude, he is a dick with ears. He can win it all, and it will not make up for what he done to Cheaney, Matt Roth, or all the other Creanings. The over-signing, the sweet 16 rings, the faux banners, the net cutting after a loss. on and on and on and on.

There is nothing Tom Crean can do to win me over. I don't like the guy, I don't like how he conducts his business with the Indiana logo on his clothes and paycheck. Once again, the ends do not justify the means.

Indiana is more than wins and losses. It is doing things the right way as well. IU basketball used to graduate doctors. Now we have almost the entire team in sham degree programs and crow about our APR.

IU basketball, despite the big ten title, is a shell of itself. It's a farce. Go to Assembly Hall, which is now a whore house of advertisements, spotlights, and stupid other shit like player intros with fog and that stupid Alan Parsons Project song playing.

If you find IU basketball enjoyable now, you probably go to Hall and Oates concerts at casinos and think its great. You probably like network sitcoms, and shop after 10pm at Wal Mart for Bud Light and other shitty tasting beers. You probably think eating at McDonald's is a good meal for your family, and Pringles are the 5th food group.

Sorry, but I have a hard time stomaching what a joke IU basketball is now.

Yeah, but at least now you can go to Assembly Hall & go berserk while watching them win an incredible 2nd Big Ten championship on the Jumbotron. What more can you expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT