ADVERTISEMENT

check out this IU Board of Trustees candidate

MillerTime

Hall of Famer
Aug 28, 2003
39°10,- 86°31
What do you guys think? Sounds like he has a good grasp on the climate of Hoosier faithful...

My name is Brian Davidson and I am running for the Indiana University Board of Trustees. Before I explain who I am, I want to express WHY I am running.

My platform consists of two very simple messages.

First, I support immediate TUITION CAPS to ensure Indiana University students are earning the highest possible return on their educational investment. I do not believe the university is adequately changing its financial and educational models to compete in our rapidly changing communities and economies. Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and other disruptive technologies will radically transform our lives and our world in the coming decade. Universities will need to adapt. Or, they will risk saddling students with outdated skills and mountains of debt. Tuition caps will encourage the university to leverage technology to increase teaching efficiency, reevaluate degrees and programs that do not attract student interest or provide students with reasonable economic prospects, and help curb the devastating growth of student debt.

Second, I support giving Indiana University’s student-athletes the financial resources necessary to achieve excellence on the field and in the classroom. As trustee, I will work to see that 100% of B1G Network Revenue remains in the athletic department. The hundreds of Hoosier student-athletes have EARNED that money representing our school in thousands of competitions across the country. It should be spent supporting them and their pursuit of excellence, both athletic and academic. While athletics may seem a trivial pursuit for a university, one does not have to look far to see the financial and community benefits derived from having a successful athletic department, such as those maintained at universities in neighboring Michigan and Ohio.

Who am I?

I graduated from the Kelley School of Business in 2004 with degrees in entrepreneurship, marketing, and management. I was a member of my fraternity’s executive council and participated in our national philanthropic outreach event - bicycling over 3,700 miles across the United States to raise money and awareness for people with disabilities. The experience had a profound effect on my core values.

Post-graduation, I settled in Chicago, where I had the opportunity to put my education and entrepreneurial mindset to work when starting my business, Matchnode Digital Marketing. Matchnode has had the privilege of working with numerous well-known brands, but none more so than the Indiana Alumni Association and Foundation. I regularly participate in alumni events in the Chicago-land area, and have even had the pleasure of hiring several Indiana University graduates.

Over the years, my passion for Indiana University has never wavered. Each fall, I renew my near weekly pilgrimage down I-65 and Route 37 to watch Hoosier football, basketball, and soccer. My family and I planted a tree outside Memorial Stadium, I bought an RV for fall weekends, and I met my wife, a fellow Hoosier, at a football tailgate. My wife and I were married at Beck Chapel last year, something I once dreamed about during a campus walk during my freshman orientation.

I believe my dedication to Indiana University, my perspective as a digital business owner, and my focus on student economics give me a unique voice for change. I humbly ask for your consideration to represent you as a trustee.

You can follow the campaign at
https://www.facebook.com/BrianDavidsonforTrustee/
https://twitter.com/davidsontrustee
https://briandavidsonfortrustee.com/

I might vote for the guy. On the surface, I like the two positions.

I heard a Lilly King interview and was dumbfounded to hear that over half of her teammates were on a partial scholarship or no scholarship at all. I could be wrong, but I believe over $50M was pulled out of the athletic budget, which is the rough equivalent of the BTN money.

What do you guys think? Sounds like he has a good grasp on the climate of Hoosier faithful...

My name is Brian Davidson and I am running for the Indiana University Board of Trustees. Before I explain who I am, I want to express WHY I am running.

First, I support immediate TUITION CAPS to ensure Indiana University students are earning the highest possible return on their educational investment. I do not believe the university is adequately changing its financial and educational models to compete in our rapidly changing communities and economies. Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and other disruptive technologies will radically transform our lives and our world in the coming decade. Universities will need to adapt. Or, they will risk saddling students with outdated skills and mountains of debt. Tuition caps will encourage the university to leverage technology to increase teaching efficiency, reevaluate degrees and programs that do not attract student interest or provide students with reasonable economic prospects, and help curb the devastating growth of student debt.

Second, I support giving Indiana University’s student-athletes the financial resources necessary to achieve excellence on the field and in the classroom. As trustee, I will work to see that 100% of B1G Network Revenue remains in the athletic department. The hundreds of Hoosier student-athletes have EARNED that money representing our school in thousands of competitions across the country. It should be spent supporting them and their pursuit of excellence, both athletic and academic. While athletics may seem a trivial pursuit for a university, one does not have to look far to see the financial and community benefits derived from having a successful athletic department, such as those maintained at universities in neighboring Michigan and Ohio.

Who am I?

I graduated from the Kelley School of Business in 2004 with degrees in entrepreneurship, marketing, and management. I was a member of my fraternity’s executive council and participated in our national philanthropic outreach event - bicycling over 3,700 miles across the United States to raise money and awareness for people with disabilities. The experience had a profound effect on my core values.

Post-graduation, I settled in Chicago, where I had the opportunity to put my education and entrepreneurial mindset to work when starting my business, Matchnode Digital Marketing. Matchnode has had the privilege of working with numerous well-known brands, but none more so than the Indiana Alumni Association and Foundation. I regularly participate in alumni events in the Chicago-land area, and have even had the pleasure of hiring several Indiana University graduates.

Over the years, my passion for Indiana University has never wavered. Each fall, I renew my near weekly pilgrimage down I-65 and Route 37 to watch Hoosier football, basketball, and soccer. My family and I planted a tree outside Memorial Stadium, I bought an RV for fall weekends, and I met my wife, a fellow Hoosier, at a football tailgate. My wife and I were married at Beck Chapel last year, something I once dreamed about during a campus walk during my freshman orientation.

I believe my dedication to Indiana University, my perspective as a digital business owner, and my focus on student economics give me a unique voice for change. I humbly ask for your consideration to represent you as a trustee.

can't answer without pics of the wife... preferably in an IU cheerleader uniform... tight sweater, hair in pigtails. Make it happen!

I might vote for the guy. On the surface, I like the two positions.

I heard a Lilly King interview and was dumbfounded to hear that over half of her teammates were on a partial scholarship or no scholarship at all. I could be wrong, but I believe over $50M was pulled out of the athletic budget, which is the rough equivalent of the BTN money.
Olympic sports have much more limited scholarship limits. Not an IU thing.

Reactions: hookyIU1990

Who am I?

I will say however, 2 OUTSTANDING platforms! 1) Let IU athletics keep the money it generates, and 2) capping tuition. What a failure college "student aid" has been to be almost solely focused on making funds available for student loans. I'm guessing every politician who has supported that has educational or financial supporters. Even during the downturn colleges were still building at a reckless pace, and all building super Class A brick and limestone buildings, while raising tuition almost every year. A big part of the equation should have been focused on schools keeping their spending and budgets in check.

Olympic sports have much more limited scholarship limits. Not an IU thing.
Good to know. Anywhere I could go to learn more about what sports have these limits and what they are?

What a failure college "student aid" has been to be almost solely focused on making funds available for student loans. I'm guessing every politician who has supported that has educational or financial supporters. Even during the downturn colleges were still building at a reckless pace, and all building super Class A brick and limestone buildings, while raising tuition almost every year. A big part of the equation should have been focused on schools keeping their spending and budgets in check.
State funding has gone to shit. The problem is in the Statehouse.

Paper ballots are available to any graduate by contacting the alumni trustee election coordinator at truselec@indiana.edu or 812-855-6610.

Alumni who have voted in the prior three trustee elections via paper ballot will automatically be mailed paper ballots. Ballots will be mailed no earlier than two weeks prior to the start of online voting. Online voting begins June 1 at 12:01 a.m.

Paper ballots are counted in the Herman B Wells Library, Room E174, beginning at 9 a.m. on the secular day immediately preceding July 1. Candidates may attend the counting or send a representative. Online voting concludes at 10 a.m. and official results will be announced following the final tally on election day.

https://alumni.iu.edu/events/trustee-election/index.html

Who am I?

If he sends me six Giordano's pizzas and ship them to Pennsylvania I will think about it. I fell in love with the stuff while attending Moody Bible Institute in Chicago. Yes, he can buy my vote.

If you send me six Giordano's pizzas and ship them to Pennsylvania I will think about it. I fell in love with the stuff while attending Moody Bible Institute in Chicago. Yes, you can buy my vote. Good luck on your campaign.
I always figured you were a part of a cult.

Reactions: sglowrider
Yep, let’s keep sucking in sports and raising tuition.

Which sports do we suck in?

Or did you mean let's stop sucking in basketball?

Because we've sucked in football for the entirety of our program's existence, but only a minority have given a damn about that. Aside from that, most of the other sports people care about at IU are actually doing really well....historically well, in some cases.

Which sports do we suck in?

Or did you mean let's stop sucking in basketball?

Because we've sucked in football for the entirety of our program's existence, but only a minority have given a damn about that. Aside from that, most of the other sports people care about at IU are actually doing really well....historically well, in some cases.

Basketball is what IU is, or was, known for and was an incredible asset to the university, city, and state. That it has been and still is neglected is a travesty. This sport supersedes all others by far and its success should be the main criterion on which an AD is evaluated. You think Purdue fans care about baseball, soccer, and swimming and diving after winning the Bucket and going to the Elite Eight?

Reactions: BigMobe
Basketball is what IU is, or was, known for and was an incredible asset to the university, city, and state. That it has been and still is neglected is a travesty. This sport supersedes all others by far and its success should be the main criterion on which an AD is evaluated. You think Purdue fans care about baseball, soccer, and swimming and diving after winning the Bucket and going to the Elite Eight?

Then just say that all you care about is basketball. Don't hide behind some statement that IU "sucks in sports" when the truth is that there's only one sport you care about. Just say "IU sucks in basketball" and that's what I'm going to base my trustee vote on.

After that, prove to us that if Fred had dropped an extra $3.4 million per year into the basketball program that it would have been the elixir for what ails us.

Also, detail how it (basketball) is currently being neglected, while offering fair points where warranted, in ways it is NOT being neglected.

Then just say that all you care about is basketball. Don't hide behind some statement that IU "sucks in sports" when the truth is that there's only one sport you care about. Just say "IU sucks in basketball" and that's what I'm going to base my trustee vote on.
Don't forget the lack of "football only" dining rooms and training facilities.

Gradman will not be happy until Glass is fired, no matter what he does or how well the athletic department does. Rose Bowl? Did it in spite of Glass. Final Four? Should have won it all. Fire Glass! In a parallel universe I'd like to see them fire Glass and see IU still suck in football and basketball and see what Gradman's response would be to that.

Don't forget the lack of "football only" dining rooms and training facilities.

Gradman will not be happy until Glass is fired, no matter what he does or how well the athletic department does. Rose Bowl? Did it in spite of Glass. Final Four? Should have won it all. Fire Glass! In a parallel universe I'd like to see them fire Glass and see IU still suck in football and basketball and see what Gradman's response would be to that.

How about 6-7 wins, the Bucket, and a trip to the Sweet Sixteen? Is that too much to ask? Right now we aren’t even going to a bowl game or the NCAA tournament. We haven’t beaten Purdue in either sport since 2016.

Even if IU doesn’t get better under a new AD that wouldn’t mean firing Glass was unjustified. Incompetence cannot be rewarded.

How about 6-7 wins, the Bucket, and a trip to the Sweet Sixteen? Is that too much to ask? Right now we aren’t even going to a bowl game or the NCAA tournament. We haven’t beaten Purdue in either sport since 2016.

Even if IU doesn’t get better under a new AD that wouldn’t mean firing Glass was unjustified. Incompetence cannot be rewarded.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT