ADVERTISEMENT

Chase Winovich Started The Cheap Shots Earlier In The Game... VIDEO

Winovich is a punk, and tried to destroy Simon's achilles on this play. First, he hits him from behind and knocks him down when the play is already over, and then he purposely steps on Simon's lower leg as shown in this video...

Thats not a suddenly new occurrence with that clown. I have zero sympathy for him. Karma Chase, Karma...

Reactions: Sassy61
If you watch the replay closely, he actually steps on his lower leg twice. So incredibly blatant. Now we know why Simon was angry. Winovich deserves no sympathy from any fans, especially since Simon's block on him (later in the game) was completely legal and in fact normal.

Figured something like this happened, seemed like too random of an outburst from Stepaniak. Too bad the narrative has already been written in most outside observer's minds

Jeezuz, what a calculating Piece of White Trash...don't blame you, Simon!!!

Winovich is a punk, and tried to destroy Simon's achilles on this play. First, he hits him from behind and knocks him down when the play is already over, and then he purposely steps on Simon's lower leg as shown in this video...

Thanks for the video. Definitely was intentional. However, Simon's response should not have been to get our last drive killed. Most crucial mistake of the game for IU.

Thanks for the video. Definitely was intentional. However, Simon's response should not have been to get our last drive killed. Most crucial mistake of the game for IU.

I don't think it killed the drive. It was still first and 10 after the penalty. It took us out of field goal range. In the end it might have ended up being an 8 point game because of the penalty. It wasn't a smart play but I sure wouldn't say it cost us the game.

Reactions: Tokyo Steve
I don't think it killed the drive. It was still first and 10 after the penalty. It took us out of field goal range. In the end it might have ended up being an 8 point game because of the penalty. It wasn't a smart play but I sure wouldn't say it cost us the game.
When I played football, a penalty that put you on the 40 instead of the 25 in the other team's territory frequently resulted in killing a drive. It may have cost a chance to win the game.

Reactions: IUgradman
When I played football, a penalty that put you on the 40 instead of the 25 in the other team's territory frequently resulted in killing a drive. It may have cost a chance to win the game.

We still had 3 or 4 downs to get 10 yards. A holding penalty on 3rd and 6 is much more of a drive killer. It wasn't good but I wouldn't in any way say it cost us the game.

It did cost the game. IU was up for the game and UM was flat. IU had a great game plan that was working. After the penalty the UM defense was completely energized. Want to say this was all about retaliation? Except that guy went after others. UM players did not go Hatfield verses McCoy. They made football plays and that was their response. As a fan and a player making a play on someone who you think punked you is ten times more gratifying than getting your shot in.

If your offensive lineman kept his cool he would have had the greatest vengeance of all, destroying all of UM's dreams. What could be better? It is a pity because IU deserved to with that game.

Reactions: channi
It did cost the game. IU was up for the game and UM was flat. IU had a great game plan that was working. After the penalty the UM defense was completely energized. Want to say this was all about retaliation? Except that guy went after others. UM players did not go Hatfield verses McCoy. They made football plays and that was their response. As a fan and a player making a play on someone who you think punked you is ten times more gratifying than getting your shot in.

If your offensive lineman kept his cool he would have had the greatest vengeance of all, destroying all of UM's dreams. What could be better? It is a pity because IU deserved to with that game.

It didn't cost IU the game, and he didn't "go after others". Nice "first" post

Reactions: Denmayn27 and 76-1

It is easy to say that Simon should have not retaliated but that is easier said than done. If you have seen his clip getting stepped on you can understand his anger. Yes the penalty was bad and costly I understand getting caught up in the moment. It does suck that Michigan fans are trying to paint the Hoosiers as a bunch of cheap shot artists when it is not even close to the truth

Reactions: Sassy61 and 76-1
It is easy to say that Simon should have not retaliated but that is easier said than done. If you have seen his clip getting stepped on you can understand his anger. Yes the penalty was bad and costly I understand getting caught up in the moment. It does suck that Michigan fans are trying to paint the Hoosiers as a bunch of cheap shot artists when it is not even close to the truth
UM fans are generally knowledgeable and cool. They had guys laying all over the field last night. IU came to play. They won but some of their guys took a beating. I liked our attitude. Take no prisoners take no shit. Go Hoosiers!

It didn't cost IU the game, and he didn't "go after others". Nice "first" post
From the box score. Stevie Scott run for 19 yds to the Mich 29 INDIANA Penalty, Personal Foul (Simon Stepaniak) to the Mich 44. Winovich is out of the game at that point. My comment is not about cheap shots or not. It is about keeping your cool and winning football games.

Someone posted about Karma and does not even understand what Karma is. A Buddhist would comment that Stepaniak's negative energy and negative attitude led to setbacks not just for him but for the team. IU scored 17 points in the 1st half. They are all but guaranteed a good FG attempt if he does not make the penalty.

I have been following IU for a long time. I am shocked by how much heartbreak this team has had. This team has played way better than its record has shown over the last 5 five years. Part of the problem and pardon the cliché is the game is a game of inches. Too often IU has found a way to lose game after game. I was really impressed how IU won the game in the end against an improved Maryland game. To me that was an emotional turning of the corner. Once a team believes in itself the wins like loses in the other direction snowball.

I hope for the IU's football teams sake, they are not all excited about showing that bum Winovich up but pissed off that they had a great opportunity slip through their fingers. I like the IU coaching staff. They have a toughness I have not seen that is being reflected in IU play. I have full confidence they will light into Stepaniak for making his agenda greater than the team.

I don't care about cheap shots or not. Maybe it was maybe it was not. What I do know is Simon committed a PF on someone else. He cost his team dearly. So some dude cuts me off and I should feel good by cutting him off. Nothing good comes from it. If that is all you want from your team, your going to keep losing.

That linemen was I'm mad at the world mode. I will say one more time. If IU won the game because he and his team made plays inspired by being angry how much better would have been?

I don't care about cheap shots or not. Maybe it was maybe it was not. What I do know is Simon committed a PF on someone else. He cost his team dearly. So some dude cuts me off and I should feel good by cutting him off. Nothing good comes from it. If that is all you want from your team, your going to keep losing.

That linemen was I'm mad at the world mode. I will say one more time. If IU won the game because he and his team made plays inspired by being angry how much better would have been?
Perhaps you have not seen the clip of Winovich trying to injure him.

Reactions: 76-1 and Sassy61
The premeditation is even more apparent as the video makes clear. Winovich looks down prior to his cheap shots on the lineman. He also holds his hands up in innocence to distract from his dirty "cleat work."

I don't want to see a player on either team injured, but in this instance the truth is, "You reap what you sow."

Thats not a suddenly new occurrence with that clown. I have zero sympathy for him. Karma Chase, Karma...

Reactions: coachv jr and 76-1
The guys sick.

He's been posting on the pu site as a Michigan fan too...
You know what. That stinks insinuating I am someone else. I can't get milkman. My friend was had a band in San Diego called Her False Hope. That is my account on mgoblog for well over a decade. No one is talking much about the hit. Certainly the moderators are not. I have stated my opinion. I have been reasonable and I don't think I have trolled. So I take exception to it.

All I stated is regardless if what precipitated the event, two wrongs do not make a right regardless of what is at stake. Yet people are on this board treating this as some kind of hockey justice. Yet this guy cost his team points and in my opinion it was inflection point as the UM defense played differently after that series.

I think that is sick feeling good about retaliation as if this is some kind road rage. I gotta get him back. Rashan Gary the recipient of the other late hit did not take a cheap shot back. He used the motivation to sack IU out of FG range.

If you think I am someone else you have the right to troll.

I read a story yesterday that said the conference office may take a look at the hit that took out Winovich. If they are planning on taking action against Simon then I hope IU has a copy of the actions of Winovich and also present those.

Winovich ought to be done for a career. That film clip outed the guy for who he really is.

The above film clip of W purposely cleating our guy should be sent both to the Big Ten Office and the NCAA, in my opinion.

That clown shouldn't be allowed to play another snap of college football...

Last edited:
I read a story yesterday that said the conference office may take a look at the hit that took out Winovich. If they are planning on taking action against Simon then I hope IU has a copy of the actions of Winovich and also present those.

We out to be preemptive, and send that in asap, so that the BT is not tempted to screw us on the matter.

From the box score. Stevie Scott run for 19 yds to the Mich 29 INDIANA Penalty, Personal Foul (Simon Stepaniak) to the Mich 44. Winovich is out of the game at that point. My comment is not about cheap shots or not. It is about keeping your cool and winning football games.

Someone posted about Karma and does not even understand what Karma is. A Buddhist would comment that Stepaniak's negative energy and negative attitude led to setbacks not just for him but for the team. IU scored 17 points in the 1st half. They are all but guaranteed a good FG attempt if he does not make the penalty.

I have been following IU for a long time. I am shocked by how much heartbreak this team has had. This team has played way better than its record has shown over the last 5 five years. Part of the problem and pardon the cliché is the game is a game of inches. Too often IU has found a way to lose game after game. I was really impressed how IU won the game in the end against an improved Maryland game. To me that was an emotional turning of the corner. Once a team believes in itself the wins like loses in the other direction snowball.

I hope for the IU's football teams sake, they are not all excited about showing that bum Winovich up but pissed off that they had a great opportunity slip through their fingers. I like the IU coaching staff. They have a toughness I have not seen that is being reflected in IU play. I have full confidence they will light into Stepaniak for making his agenda greater than the team.
Post of the day.

Last words. People talking about Karma and they do not know what karma. They talk about reaping what you sow. What did Simon reap? He lost the game for his team when on that night his team might have been the better team. Negative attitude, negative results. I have been following other IU boards and this is not the first time this individual has hurt his team with a PF.
Simon did not lose the game for his team thats Bullshit! There were PLENTY of other opportunities to get the ball, drive, and score and they didn't get it done period!

Winovich ought to be done for a career. That film clip outed the guy for who he really is.

The above film clip of W purposely cleating our guy should be sent both to the Big Ten Office and the NCAA, in my opinion.

That clown shouldn't be allowed to play another snap of college football...
There is an article tagged to UM on 247 sports showing the cleating by W and talking to how this may have been the reason for Step to be aggressive later.

It is out there.

Tom

Reactions: muubell and 76-1
Real simple: quit the whining. We took care of you now it's time to lay it on the sucknuts. Get ready for some UM domination over the next few years as long as Jimmy's the coach - which will be til he retires
Do you have any points you want to make defending Winovich or are you just content being an idiot?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT