ADVERTISEMENT

Chase Bank.

I am in the construction industry, so I'm more qualified than most.

The "good" news is that it looks like this was a gas type explosion where the blast was just a pressure wave (ie. not a major fire producing event). So the people that were outside of the zone where the blast itself is lethal have a decent chance of survival. While that seems harsh, I would much rather die from a pressure wave than burning or smoke inhalation.

I am certainly not an expert, but that looks like the explosion should have been big enough that this wasn't just a back mechanical room where the gas built up and exploded, but a saturation of the larger space. Would think someone would have smelled that, but then again, explosions are REALLY fast. Don't believe Hollywood, if an explosion happens, you are not ducking behind a desk. Explosions like this literally travel 5000ft/s.

I am in the construction industry, so I'm more qualified than most.

The "good" news is that it looks like this was a gas type explosion where the blast was just a pressure wave (ie. not a major fire producing event). So the people that were outside of the zone where the blast itself is lethal have a decent chance of survival. While that seems harsh, I would much rather die from a pressure wave than burning or smoke inhalation.

I am certainly not an expert, but that looks like the explosion should have been big enough that this wasn't just a back mechanical room where the gas built up and exploded, but a saturation of the larger space. Would think someone would have smelled that, but then again, explosions are REALLY fast. Don't believe Hollywood, if an explosion happens, you are not ducking behind a desk. Explosions like this literally travel 5000ft/s.
Good post. I'm gonna give you another chance. don't eff this up kid. :)

Good post. I'm gonna give you another chance. don't eff this up kid. :)
4ba455b7-84ef-4e0f-90e1-ffaf472133cd_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT