ADVERTISEMENT

Charges Issued In Breonna Taylor Case

What is wrong with you?
Many things, but nonetheless, I cant wait to see the list of excuses coming from some of you trying to justify & condone the behavior of these people. The protestors are complicit in the rioting & vandalism, & if they truly want to help, they’d stay home. Always someone else’s fault, they were pushed to do it, blah, blah,blah.

Reactions: Lucy01 and ulrey
If you want to talk shit to me Small Penis Guy and compensate for your lack of manhood, at least have the courage to do it directly and not in such a cowardly and weak fashion. Unless you are exactly what I believe you are and nothing but a feeble ineffectual lil' bitch.
cool story, bruh

I see you're reading Twitter, too.
Nope, I'm watching a show with my GF, and reading this and the other board. This has played out so many times that you can predict almost everything the rubes will say and will be saying. I'd also guess that the militia is being blamed by our side. We'll find out soon enough, no reason to make stupid statements like the dumbasses on this board are currently doing.

Many things, but nonetheless, I cant wait to see the list of excuses coming from some of you trying to justify & condone the behavior of these people. The protestors are complicit in the rioting & vandalism, & if they truly want to help, they’d stay home. Always someone else’s fault, they were pushed to do it, blah, blah,blah.
This is why you're a shitty poster. You're always arguing with the caricatures of other posters that exist in your head, instead of waiting to see what we actually post, and engaging us on those terms.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
they were pushed by the liberal media..

Reactions: Lucy01
If you want to talk shit to me Small Penis Guy and compensate for your lack of manhood, at least have the courage to do it directly and not in such a cowardly and weak fashion. Unless you are exactly what I believe you are and nothing but a feeble ineffectual lil' bitch.
I guess I’m off your fake ignore? Lol.

Don’t get mad at me for posting what everyone can clearly see.....

JDB has you on ignore, but I much prefer laughing at you. :)

Nope, I'm watching a show with my GF, and reading this and the other board. This has played out so many times that you can predict almost everything the rubes will say and will be saying. I'd also guess that the militia is being blamed by our side. We'll find out soon enough, no reason to make stupid statements like the dumbasses on this board are currently doing.
I had to close the tab.

"BLM are terrorists."
"Soros aide handed out weapons."
"I hope Louisville burns to the ground."

Etc.

And, yes, militia comments, too. I think there was something about "Trump's armed goon squad" or something to that effect.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Per LMPD statement, two officers in hospital with gunshot wounds. Gonna get ugly.

Jesus f#$k.

I remember Dr. Carl Sagan on the show Cosmos was going over ways the world could end. One of them was human self distruction either by violence or recklessness.

Are we going to choose both?

I feel like I'm in the movie 'The Kingsmen' and we've all been given the violence drug.

LMPD will have a presser shortly, but they have released some info. One officer was shot in the thigh. Another had a bullet enter the abdomen, just below the bottom of his/her bullet-proof vest, and is in surgery.

"Soros aide handed out weapons."
I called that one as soon as I saw the van clip JDB posted. Yup, he spent what 40 bucks or more for the van or maybe even double and collected some high dollar garbage from dumpsters to make wood and cloth 'weapons' to pass out. What a revolutionary ..

Reactions: UncleMark
Jesus f#$k.

I remember Dr. Carl Sagan on the show Cosmos was going over ways the world could end. One of them was human self distruction either by violence or recklessness.

Are we going to choose both?

I feel like I'm in the movie 'The Kingsmen' and we've all been given the violence drug.
Crazy how everyone is always worried about asteroids and the like, but the odds were always strongly in favor of the end of humanity being humanity itself.

Reactions: TommyCracker
This is why you're a shitty poster. You're always arguing with the caricatures of other posters that exist in your head, instead of waiting to see what we actually post, and engaging us on those terms.
Own it, this is the train that those of you on the far left have been fueling all summer long, gone off the tracks. Many of you have defended this baby for months, & now it’s become a monster. Meanwhile, the worst President in US history benefits from the stupidity of his enemies...

Crazy how everyone is always worried about asteroids and the like, but the odds were always strongly in favor of the end of humanity being humanity itself.

Maybe I am watching the wrong videos. There are maybe a couple thousand protesting, maybe 50 people lighting small fires and breaking windows, and maybe one or two other idiots firing weapons.

None of that has me looking over my shoulder for Mel Gibson in a strangely styled hot rod.

Reactions: hoosboot
Own it, this is the train that those of you on the far left have been fueling all summer long, gone off the tracks. Many of you have defended this baby for months, & now it’s become a monster. Meanwhile, the worst President in US history benefits from the stupidity of his enemies...
Like I said, this is why you're a shitty poster.

Maybe I am watching the wrong videos. There are maybe a couple thousand protesting, maybe 50 people lighting small fires and breaking windows, and maybe one or two other idiots firing weapons.

None of that has me looking over my shoulder for Mel Gibson in a strangely styled hot rod.
It does seem to be rather mellow so far. Mellow enough, at any rate, that Rachel can spend most of her hour complaining about Trump undermining the election, rather than worrying about Louisville.

Like I said... Mostly peaceful.

Like I said... Mostly peaceful.

Has me worried what we have see to have it be labeled "less than mostly peaceful" by the leftwing news outlets...

I'm guessing an entire city will have to end up looking like Dresden right after the Incendiary Bombing to reach that point of acknowledgement...

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

You're clueless. All summer long? You may have missed MTIOF's post earlier.

This shit goes back to slavery and Jim Crow and no jobs and segregated schools into the 1970's and school bussing in Louisville in the 70's and Adolph Rupp and Denny Crum. This is a city where Muhammed Ali could walk into the Seelbach with his white lawyers anytime, but couldn't just go into any restaurant by himself. It's nuanced and complicated. It was here WAAAY before Trump. Every single day. "Trump bad" is an easy out for people who don't think past the sound bites. Both sides inflame the chaos. (Your pals are here with shields and helmets and sticks and body armor - ready to fight cops and cause chaos. Don't kid yourself.)

Its nice that you care, but its sad that you think you understand it, and maddening that you rationalize and defend violence.

There is fear and hate here. It's not OK.

It does seem to be rather mellow so far. Mellow enough, at any rate, that Rachel can spend most of her hour complaining about Trump undermining the election, rather than worrying about Louisville.

Mellow!

They shot two cops and attempted to burn down at least one building...!

Just another mostly peaceful protest I presume...

Has me worried what we have see to have it be labeled "less than mostly peaceful" by the leftwing news outlets...

I'm guessing an entire city will have to end up looking like Dresden right after the Incendiary Bombing to reach that point of acknowledgement...
Louisville is a violent city in a non-2020 year. However, the mayor seems to have taken his job seriously tonight, which might keep numbers down. I'd prefer zero-tolerance for curfew violators.

My best friend in this world, probably the best human I know, is a Trump-hating centristy-lib, full of white guilt, etc.. Even he is tired of this crap.

Reactions: 76-1
It sucks, but given what KY law says, it’s to be expected.

The problem is A) allowing no knock warrants & B) “stand your ground” laws. Possibly even C) the high burden necessary to charge an one of line police officer.

All of those laws are unnecessary allowances that lead to unnecessary tragedies. Put simply, they are bad laws.

When you add a policing model that is more about targeting/profiling vs protecting and serving, amplify the bad laws. That’s because they come into play more often.

This isn’t a difficult equation to understand. The difficult part is changing it once it’s established.

Louisville already banned no knock warrants. That’s at least a start.

The answer is for KY to change their laws. And to reform police departments/policies.

As part of the settlement with Breonna Taylor’s family, the city created a review board. That isn’t entirely controlled by police departments. That’s also a good move. But there are many more that need to happen. Some see the protests as unnecessary and excessive. In reality they are a collective expression of being tired of being tired. People have had enough. And rightly so. It’s ridiculous that we’re still seeing events like B Taylor’s death and G. Floyd’s death. We SHOULD be better than this by now.

The political spectrum keeps shifting right in this country, and in KY, it’s accelerated further than other places. It went from purple to solid red over the last decade or two. Despite the state being full of poor people that are harmed by the policies of (mostly) the republicans in KY.

When you elect people that pass these kinds of laws, you will always see more injustice. That’s because these types of laws will almost always affect poor people & people of color more than everyone else. It’s by design. It’s a feature, not a bug.

I hope this is the wake up call for people to register to vote, and to take EVERY election seriously. There’s enough people that have had enough, and the ONLY way they can change things is to vote, and continue to peacefully protest. The conversation and framing of the issues have shifted, and as long as it’s in the public’s consciousness, it will lead to more action.

Having said all of that, I feel for the city of Louisville tonight. I really hope folks can swallow their (righteous) anger, and do the right thing. I suspect we’ll see escalations from protestors and overreactions from the police, and it’ll be a mess by the end of the night.

Do you really think more legislation would solve these kinds of issues? If you were charged with writing such a law, what would it say?

The common denominators are typically drugs, guns, and failure to follow police commands. We have a plethora of laws about this stuff already.

Goes way beyond Louisville. Portland, Minneapolis, etc., etc.
No, it goes way beyond this summer. We're sitting on a powder keg unless we start paying attention to the problems of race in this country.

Do you really think more legislation would solve these kinds of issues? If you were charged with writing such a law, what would it say?

The common denominators are typically drugs, guns, and failure to follow police commands. We have a plethora of laws about this stuff already.
CO it might make sense to take a serious look at these no knock warrants. i don't know much about them but what i do know is somewhat problematic. one they're just at the discretion of the judge so if a judge "thinks" it's needed you got it. what's more they were integral i guess to the war on drugs to keep cops safer (ostensibly) and because in fighting the war on drugs traditional warrants were becoming a pain in the ass. bangin on the door while the bad guy flushes drugs etc.

i think at this point the risk reward of no knock warrants isn't worth it. admittedly i don't have stats - maybe someone can show how beneficial they've been in drug interdiction and i'm wrong - but absent that they don't seem worth it.

so maybe no knock warrants should be available for a category of crimes that becomes codified: sex trafficking; child abduction; kidnapping; etc. remove some discretion from judges and elevate the crimes available for no knock above drugs. just thinking out loud.

Reactions: Tacoll
No, it goes way beyond this summer. We're sitting on a powder keg unless we start paying attention to the problems of race in this country.
Seems like thats all we do. When can we focus on some good things we may have in common? When will that be the message? Before you bring Trump into it, your folks aren't doing anything to address the powder keg, either. In fact, a lot of lefties striking matches these days...

Reactions: 76-1
It was mentioned - just not by the national propaganda media.

People here have known it was ISSUED as a "no knock" warrant but was EXECUTED as an "announced" warrant since day 1.

People here have also known that she was not in bed, shot while asleep. Didn't stop NPR from saying that as recently as June.

People here also knew there was NOT a "mistake" and that cops allegedly went to the wrong address - looking for her ex-boyfriend at the wrong place. We always knew locally that there were multiple warrants for multiple places - including her apartment.

People hear what they want to hear and disregard the rest.

This didn’t appear to even be a racial incident until Floyd and the usual suspects used it to gin up more racial conflict. The fact is that thousands of police contacts happen every day with all of them except for a very few being without violence or even conflict. Many of those contacts are interracial.

Louisville is a violent city in a non-2020 year. However, the mayor seems to have taken his job seriously tonight, which might keep numbers down. I'd prefer zero-tolerance for curfew violators.

My best friend in this world, probably the best human I know, is a Trump-hating centristy-lib, full of white guilt, etc.. Even he is tired of this crap.
Its not going to stop and it shouldn't stop. Even after the election.
Kamala Harris...

Seems like thats all we do. When can we focus on some good things we may have in common? When will that be the message? Before you bring Trump into it, your folks aren't doing anything to address the powder keg, either. In fact, a lot of lefties striking matches these days...
sometimes hilz there are no answers, i dont see how this mess ever ends , about 60 percent of the people in this country are nuts

CO it might make sense to take a serious look at these no knock warrants. i don't know much about them but what i do know is somewhat problematic. one they're just at the discretion of the judge so if a judge "thinks" it's needed you got it. what's more they were integral i guess to the war on drugs to keep cops safer (ostensibly) and because in fighting the war on drugs traditional warrants were becoming a pain in the ass. bangin on the door while the bad guy flushes drugs etc.

i think at this point the risk reward of no knock warrants isn't worth it. admittedly i don't have stats - maybe someone can show how beneficial they've been in drug interdiction and i'm wrong - but absent that they don't seem worth it.

so maybe no knock warrants should be available for a category of crimes that becomes codified: sex trafficking; child abduction; kidnapping; etc. remove some discretion from judges and elevate the crimes available for no knock above drugs. just thinking out loud.
I don’t know a lot about no knock warrants either, but according to Wikipedia, they are mainly used when the police fear evidence will be destroyed between the time they arrive and the time they secure the area, and in cases where they can reasonably expect that officers may be put in danger.

I would be in favor of getting rid of them for the first reason, but not the second.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT