ADVERTISEMENT

Charges Issued In Breonna Taylor Case

ABC now touting the OUTRAGE in Louisville over no cop being indicted for her death - not a word about which cop shot her and the fact he was legally justified in firing back to defned his partner who had been shot.

Reported early. Back before George Floyd.

This case was a nothingburger here until George Floyd. No protests. Nothing. A couple of days on local news, then nothing. The cop who shot the place up (who was indicted today) was fired nearly immediately. The mayor issued an "executive order" banning no-knock warrants. The city council made it a resolution. A local car wreck TV lawyer turned up as the family lawyer, raising hell that it was mistake at the wrong adress, then backed off it.

After George Floyd, the national media then sold it as "innocent couple shot in bed while cops raided the wrong house" and potestors howed up here with signs that misspelled her name.

(About the same time the governor and mayor decided to make the Kentucky Fairground buldings around Freedom Hall a huge voting precinct, for Covid safety, and extended voting days over a week, which was sold in the national media as :trump and Mitch McConnel trying to suppress the vote" ... forgetting it was a Democrat primary and no national Republican races on our ballot.

The national media has abandoned its role a s aneitral check and baance on abuse of power. Instead, they pick sides and help the abuse.

And the mouth breathers lap it up and post it on social media.

Hankison was fired in June and there were protests in Louisville immediately following Taylor’s death. They certainly increased in size and frequency after Floyd’s murder but it was a big deal around here and covered extensively. Not a “nothingburger” at all

The cops are apparently gonna force the protestors to hold the protests in downtown - where block after block have literally been closed down and fenced in. The police are out in force - including on top of buildings downtown.

Peace will be kept violently if necessary?

My neighbor packed up and left - headed to Nashville.
Texted me a pic of maybe 200 cop cars headed north toward Louisville.
National Guard is already deployed.

If you want to get arrested tonight in Louisville, its gonna be EASY.

I would hope that once cities realize that it's cheaper for them to foot the bill for sound recording body cameras across their force versus the bill (both short and long term) for riots and destruction..., that they'll opt for the up front bodycam expenses...

Seems like common sense to me (which may be why it's so slowly being implemented)...

In this case, there was body camera info, a Grand jury found no case to charge anyone with anything to do with the death and STILL agreed to a 12 mill settlement before the GJ announcement. What would the expense of more sound recording body cams stop? I'm not disagreeing with you in theory, but how would camera $ stop these riots? It seems people agreed there would be shit burning down if there was a guilty charge or not guilty either way. Maybe we the ppl are the problem, not more video footage. Just a thought.

Not sure I recall other witnesses - until today, when the AG said a guy who lived upstairs had testified that he heard the cops announce themselves.

In the initial report/investigation (the one that led to Hankison’s firing) there were at least two who claimed they did not hear police announce themselves. May have been more; don’t remember

Hankison was fired in June and there were protests in Louisville immediately following Taylor’s death. They certainly increased in size and frequency after Floyd’s murder but it was a big deal around here and covered extensively. Not a “nothingburger” at all

We can argue about what we mean by "protest" - but the first big crowd blocking streets and confronting police and burning my favorite Subway was May 29. Taylor was shot March 13.

The cops are apparently gonna force the protestors to hold the protests in downtown - where block after block have literally been closed down and fenced in. The police are out in force - including on top of buildings downtown.

Peace will be kept violently if necessary?

This is exactly how every supposedly peaceful protest should be treated in every instance.

You give them a known route in and out and a park or other delineated spot for their protest..., with the understanding that anything that crosses those boundaries along with any actions that harm others or their property will receive an overwhelmingly painful response with the perpetrators going directly to holding cells or worse..., while making it clear to All involved that they were there at their own risk (rolling the dice and taking their chances if hanging with armed anarchists)

Personally, if I were in charge, I'd put snipers and sharpshooters (only those having fired Expert though) on every rooftop five floors or higher, accompanied by a spotter/cameraman with orders to destroy anyone moving a weapon into a firing position and having their finger inside the trigger guard (hence the reason for the camera)... You could easily add: anyone throwing or about to throw anything flaming...

-And I don't care which position they're supporting... -

My bet is this approach would thin out the dangerous rioter types..., and turn supposedly peaceful protests back into actual Peaceful protests...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: dahldc
This is going to sound cynical, but my guess is the primary reason implementation of such a common sense measure is so slow is pushback from the police unions, who know that a small but still significant portion of their membership will be out of a job shortly after their performance starts getting recorded for posterity.

You beat me to this point.

I think of the Eric Logan case where the officer turned his body cam off.

Then he said Logan attacked him with a knife and he killed Logan because of that.

No video, nothing. Just a cops word vs a dead guy.

Body cameras have to be manditory if we really want to talk about police reform.

As it is a big chunk of people will never trust the police.

Think about the Floyd case if it wasn't captured. How easy would it be to slant the story if it's just a he said, she said? Are you really going to take the word of 'thugs' over a fine upstanding man of the law?

Yeah right.

This is exactly how every supposedly peaceful protest should be treated in every instance.

You give them a known route in and out and a park or other delineated spot for their protest..., with the understanding that anything that crosses those boundaries along with any actions that harm others or their property will receive an overwhelmingly painful response with the perpetrators going directly to holding cells or worse..., while making it clear to All involved that they were there at their own risk (rolling the dice and taking their chances if hanging with armed anarchists)

Personally, if I were in charge, I'd put snipers and sharpshooters (only those having fired Expert though) on every rooftop five floors or higher, accompanied by a spotter/cameraman with orders to destroy anyone moving a weapon into a firing position and having their finger inside the trigger guard (hence the reason for the camera)... You could easily add: anyone throwing or about to throw anything flaming...

-And I don't care which position they're supporting... -

My bet is this approach would thin out the dangerous rioter types..., and turn supposedly peaceful protests back into actual Peaceful protests...

You started out well in my opinion.

Protests should be done in the day and the cops should actually work with the protesters and, this sounds crazy, protect them.

Obviously arrest any jackasses but overall that at least builds some trust between the groups.

Watching CNN now. Small Fires starting in Louisville already.

Hopefully police can keep it under control.

I feel badly for the folks who want change and willing to march peacefully.

Reactions: brianiu
Some of us have been saying this for awhile now.

Those who don’t see it choose not to.

You are aware that Fox News started this change in the early 90's from news to being party propaganda networks disguised as news.

Fox News was Roger Ailes baby that he tried to sell to Nixon. He felt the Republicans needed a propaganda network to help them control the narrative.

It's a state TV concept that is in other countries, mainly those with authoritarian leaders who need to control the narrative.

Nixon didn't follow though on it. Ailes then hooked up with ol Rupert and founded 'Fox News' with a tag line of Fair and Balanced.

Before this development propaganda media was mainly talk radio (which has its own issues when there is limited bandwidth).

Anyway Fox News was dangerous because they were a propaganda network that tried to disguise itself as news, like Scientology wants to disguise itself as a religion.

That changed the game and of course a left wing propaganda network would rise as a response.

As like when Gingrich changed politics when he exploited being divisive led to insane amounts of cash...playing to each base guarantees a locked in passionate audience, ratings and $$$$.

My point being, this is the consequences of the rise of fox news which was a conservative concept.

Maybe, but most are probably just dumb kids LARPing protester and none of those things, though I'd agree a majority of protesters, especially the older ones, do go home. But, maybe not enough.

The only recent experience I've had with them was in my city after Floyd was choked out and when the protesters finally decided to go home at curfew, on day four IIRC. The crowds dwindled from 1000's a night to a few small pockets of less than 50. Made the police's job keeping everyone safe much easier and there was very little vandalism or arrests made. this was done after reports and rumors of white supremist militia agitators. Giving any cover to agitators is just dumb.

fwiw - there's probably not many people who want to bring down the monarchies of Europe in the crowd. Just sayin'. Felons, criminals, racists, gang members, Trump, the police, militias and opportunists of all types are agitating the chaos for their own benefit.,..
The people that the Rittenhouse kid killed were absolute shitbirds. While him being there armed made him extremely naive and he could’ve been a casualty to the fog of war, he shot a convicted sex offender who was lighting dumpsters on fire and pushing them towards a gas station and a punk that had convictions for domestic violence and holding someone against their will. This is only one example. The losers at night are likely mentally ill at best and domestic terrorists at worst.

Oh so you are concerned that lay people armed to the teeth with little to no formal training are walking around in public carrying long guns. Did you honestly think only right wing nuts could buy long guns? Did you ever criticize the Gravy SEALs when they did this same thing countless times?
Lol. Gravy SEALs. I love that.

Reactions: 76-1
Not true based on 10 ear-shot witnesses that live in the building. One said they said heard “police!” one time immediately after they kicked down the door. They initially said no then flipped, plus they were the neighbor the furthest distance away.

It’s hard for me to believe someone with no criminal history would knowingly fire on cops in this scenario.

Also, the officers in question had body cams earlier in the day that magically disappeared.

Just abysmal leadership for that raid to have happened. There wasn’t much to gain and they could have shown up at 6pm announced without anyone dying. “But there were drugs and she was part of a syndicate!” Wrong
Even if the police shouted Police! ten times at 1 am it’s still a terrible idea to raid then. Within an hour or two of me falling asleep, being woken suddenly means I’m completely incoherent.

My wife will tell you the story that, for my first born, she woke me up at 1:30am after I stayed up til midnight to tell me her water broke. I had no idea what was going on and accused her of lying to me about being pregnant. I was incoherent. Most people are at the witching hour. It’s bad policing.

In the past, I heard someone with the police say that the police did not request a no-knock and did not execute it that way. If true, how did a no knock get issued?

A lawyer representing her boyfriend said that by policy raids like this ate to be led by SWAT, SWAT received a call not to respond. He said a uniformed officer is required to be at these raids so everyone knows it is really the police, that officer was told not to respond. EMTs are required to be present, they were told not to respond.

Now that is all from a lawyer who clearly has an agenda. He was on the WLKY stream this afternoon. It might all be BS. But it is why the authorities need to release as much as possible.
That sounds like hogwash. All of it.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Not true based on 10 ear-shot witnesses that live in the building. One said they said heard “police!” one time immediately after they kicked down the door. They initially said no then flipped, plus they were the neighbor the furthest distance away.

It’s hard for me to believe someone with no criminal history would knowingly fire on cops in this scenario.

Also, the officers in question had body cams earlier in the day that magically disappeared.

Just abysmal leadership for that raid to have happened. There wasn’t much to gain and they could have shown up at 6pm announced without anyone dying. “But there were drugs and she was part of a syndicate!” Wrong
Links?

Don't act naive.

Accurate statement: "Reports are that a police officer has been shot."
Inflammatory shitpost: "Protesters just shot a cop."
Let’s place a hefty wager on who did it, shall we? If, of course, it’s never determined, all bets are off...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT