ADVERTISEMENT

Chaos for final field goal attempt

kpbucks4454

Junior
Sep 8, 2004
i apologize if this has been already discussed. Our final field goal attempt by Logan Justus was
Unusually weird. Kickers have to go through the same ritual before every kick attempt. Like a golfer before his shot, or batter in the batters box, or pitcher. It the same every time. To be exact, to have rhythm. On Logan’s final kick, he and his holder lined up and were ready to go and then officials stepped in and stopped the play. It looked like a drone flew in , camera shooting at Logan, and the officials had to stop the play until it was gone. Then he had to reset himself and start over. This was after a Tennessee time out. So he had to stop twice. It seemed to throw off his timing.
So, what’s with that? Is it typical to have tv drone in your face for a game winning kick?
Bizarre.

i apologize if this has been already discussed. Our final field goal attempt by Logan Justus was
Unusually weird. Kickers have to go through the same ritual before every kick attempt. Like a golfer before his shot, or batter in the batters box, or pitcher. It the same every time. To be exact, to have rhythm. On Logan’s final kick, he and his holder lined up and were ready to go and then officials stepped in and stopped the play. It looked like a drone flew in , camera shooting at Logan, and the officials had to stop the play until it was gone. Then he had to reset himself and start over. This was after a Tennessee time out. So he had to stop twice. It seemed to throw off his timing.
So, what’s with that? Is it typical to have tv drone in your face for a game winning kick?
Bizarre.

Didn’t matter at that point, the kid was already beyond psychological repair. Knew he would overthink it and miss regardless of 1,2 or 3 stoppages in play. Should have been kicking with Campbell in the game. I get it. It’s sentimental to want to send your senior out on a good note but Campbell is on scholarship for a reason.

Didn’t matter at that point, the kid was already beyond psychological repair. Knew he would overthink it and miss regardless of 1,2 or 3 stoppages in play. Should have been kicking with Campbell in the game. I get it. It’s sentimental to want to send your senior out on a good note but Campbell is on scholarship for a reason.
He had made 3 straight FG’s, but YOU knew he was beyond psychological repair!

Reactions: klagow

What an insane post...the kid made three great kicks. WTH?

The unusual delay would have messed up most kickers
You are correct. And if you watch him reset he looked uncomfortable. When he did it I was screaming at the tv that the game needed to be stopped and let them regroup due to a non game issue, but I did not yell loud enough because the damn tv just kept rolling. They messed up his routine and they should have stopped the game, sent them to the sideline for a tv time out, and then come back relaxed and ready.

Reactions: baileyiu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT