ADVERTISEMENT

Channel 4 (UK) exposé on Cambridge Analytica

Fro

Hall of Famer
Sep 2, 2001

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...xecs-boast-dirty-tricks-honey-traps-elections

The Guardian said:
The company at the centre of the Facebook data breach boasted of using honey traps, fake news campaigns and operations with ex-spies to swing election campaigns around the world, a new investigation reveals.

Executives from Cambridge Analytica spoke to undercover reporters from Channel 4 News about the dark arts used by the company to help clients, which included entrapping rival candidates in fake bribery stings and hiring prostitutes to seduce them.

In one exchange, the company chief executive, Alexander Nix, is recorded telling reporters: “It sounds a dreadful thing to say, but these are things that don’t necessarily need to be true as long as they’re believed.”

Remember, they worked on Trump's campaign and Brexit. Steve Bannon was VP.

Last edited:
yeah, it's hitting the fan now

Apparently they have undercover stuff on CA & Trump campaign tomorrow

Last edited:
Reactions: RBB89
Wow....but I'm sure it's a nothingburger. You can see why Trump has been so unhinged lately. I'm not sure if anything will ever be tied directly to him, but I don't see how anyone can deny the campaign was corrupt as hell.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
so hi tech driven analysis told the Trump campaign that swing voters cared about immigration, offshoring of jobs and industries, jobs, wages, taxes.

who knew that these were things voters cared about??

i think we are all shocked, shocked i tell you, that swing voters cared about these things.

meanwhile, apparently whomever the Dems were using for market research, was telling them that what swing voters really cared about was more blacks rioting in the streets, and more importantly, an emphasis on bathroom choice for transsexuals as campaign message number one..

who would have ever guessed in a million yrs, that that wasn't a winning strategy.

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
You're not truly comparing those, are you?
I continue to be astounded by the ability of Trump supporters to see and not see -- to know and not know -- whatever they choose. It's almost like a perverse superpower they possess. It reminds me of what George Orwell described as "crimestop" in 1984:

Crimestop means the faculty of stopping short, as though by instinct, at the threshold of any dangerous thought. It includes the power of not grasping analogies, of failing to perceive logical errors, of misunderstanding the simplest arguments if they are inimical to Ingsoc, and of being bored or repelled by any train of thought which is capable of leading in a heretical direction. Crimestop, in short, means protective stupidity.
For the brighter Trump supporters, this must take real effort:

He set to work to exercise himself in crimestop. He presented himself with propositions--'the Party says the earth is flat', 'the party says that ice is heavier than water'--and trained himself in not seeing or not understanding the arguments that contradicted them. It was not easy. It needed great powers of reasoning and improvisation.​

I continue to be astounded by the ability of Trump supporters to see and not see -- to know and not know -- whatever they choose. It's almost like a perverse superpower they possess. It reminds me of what George Orwell described as "crimestop" in 1984:

Crimestop means the faculty of stopping short, as though by instinct, at the threshold of any dangerous thought. It includes the power of not grasping analogies, of failing to perceive logical errors, of misunderstanding the simplest arguments if they are inimical to Ingsoc, and of being bored or repelled by any train of thought which is capable of leading in a heretical direction. Crimestop, in short, means protective stupidity.

He set to work to exercise himself in crimestop. He presented himself with propositions--'the Party says the earth is flat', 'the party says that ice is heavier than water'--and trained himself in not seeing or not understanding the arguments that contradicted them. It was not easy. It needed great powers of reasoning and improvisation.​
They have a peer validation system in place. It's bolstered by RW media, conspiracy theorists, Russians, bots, trolls and mostly other people just like them being fed the same squawking points and then validating each other with them. Peer validation is important to "truth" when actual knowledge is non existent and/or dismissed.

Last edited:
didn't make it through the whole 19 mins, but what i did see was that Trump used market research.

was there more than that to it, or was that it?

Ignorant

Reactions: Lucy01
They have a peer validation system in place. It's bolstered by RW media, conspiracy theorists, Russians, bots, trolls and mostly other people just like them being fed the same squawking points and then validating each other with them. Peer validation is important to "truth" when actual knowledge is non existent and/or dismissed.
Can you tell me what right wing media is? I’m just curious. I look at Fox..... then what? Are you talking radio?

didn't make it through the whole 19 mins, but what i did see was that Trump used market research.

That's kind of a big deal. In the undercover portion their executives certainly give the impression that they work with ex-spies and have ways of leaking information out without it seeming like it's coming from them.

That's kind of a big deal. In the undercover portion their executives certainly give the impression that they work with ex-spies and have ways of leaking information out without it seeming like it's coming from them.

I think you are either naive or willfully ignorant..... it has always been about planting stories, finding dirt, forcing your will on others.

Come on. You are the party of Clinton. Geez...

so hi tech driven analysis told the Trump campaign that swing voters cared about immigration, offshoring of jobs and industries, jobs, wages, taxes.

i think we are all shocked, shocked i tell you, that swing voters cared about these things.

meanwhile, apparently whomever the Dems were using for market research, was telling them that what swing voters really cared about was more blacks rioting in the streets, and more importantly, an emphasis on bathroom choice for transsexuals as campaign message number one..

who would have ever guessed in a million yrs, that that wasn't a winning strategy.

Um....is that really what you got from that? You skipped right over the part about entrapping politicians with prostitutes? Lol. Yeah that's all it was about targeting voter blocks. Sure it was.

Obviously yes. It's been all over news today. So it might make sense to actually see what it was about before being dismissive of it, wouldn't you think?

As a globalist I would think you would applaud this....

I have no problem with it, but then again I think Trump is full of it. Those that do not think Trump is full of it should wonder why he always hired foreign. I am not the one being played by Mr. Tariff.

I think you are either naive or willfully ignorant..... it has always been about planting stories, finding dirt, forcing your will on others.

Come on. You are the party of Clinton. Geez...
Go ahead and find us a story of a presidential campaign trying to entrap people with prostitues. What exactly does that party of Clinton have to do with it? You're the party of Lee Atwater, Roger Stone, Steve Bannon, and Donald Trump. Great company there!

I have no problem with it, but then again I think Trump is full of it. Those that do not think Trump is full of it should wonder why he always hired foreign. I am not the one being played by Mr. Tariff.
I just think someone who has hired around the world his entire life wouldn’t have a problem engaging someone who may be cheaper, or provide better info from another country. Hint hint going to Britain for dossier report....

Go ahead and find us a story of a presidential campaign trying to entrap people with prostitues. What exactly does that party of Clinton have to do with it? You're the party of Lee Atwater, Roger Stone, Steve Bannon, and Donald Trump. Great company there!

Here is your party... how as a woman do you support this?

Phew! No Uncle Rex, thank god we have MILF Ivanka.

I just think someone who has hired around the world his entire life wouldn’t have a problem engaging someone who may be cheaper, or provide better info from another country. Hint hint going to Britain for dossier report....
I think Fusion GPS is American...

So is the argument that Trump has a right to hire analytics find from Britain or construction workers from Poland but the rest of us need to pay tariffs for that right?

Dude. This is weak shit. Weakest I’ve ever seen a proud Marine bring.
What ever... the arguement brought to me is weak.... you guys ignore what ignoramuses say on here and don’t correct them.... I make an arguement and you pounce ..... where we’re you when the thread was posted and referenced? Because it is indefensible

I think Fusion GPS is American...

So is the argument that Trump has a right to hire analytics find from Britain or construction workers from Poland but the rest of us need to pay tariffs for that right?
I don’t know.... if tariffs were in place when he hired them I’d say yes he should pay them. My guess is no tariffs were in place..... so he shouldn’t pay them when the transaction took place... right? Did Obama have tariffs in place? I don’t think so....

Here is your party... how as a woman do you support this?

Phew! No Uncle Rex, thank god we have MILF Ivanka.

What in the world are you talking about? Please explain what, as a woman I should be upset about.

What ever... the arguement brought to me is weak.... you guys ignore what ignoramuses say on here and don’t correct them.... I make an arguement and you pounce ..... where we’re you when the thread was posted and referenced? Because it is indefensible
Your argument (that you mentioned you formed) is what? It’s that this is what’s always done? Nothing at this scale has EVER been done before. Then a few questions:
  1. Is your argument psychologically self-defensive in some way that you’re reacting that your personal vote may have been swayed by false-fact based targeting?
  2. If the other campaign did this, how would you react? I guessing quite quite poorly.
  3. Why do you defend anything associated with this man? I see it because you like to watch the world burn or because you hate liberals?

Reactions: IUPaterade724

is that supposed to be something new????

in the US, i'm guessing those tactics go back to the founding fathers, and every administration since.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT