ADVERTISEMENT

Chance to win tickets to Big Ten Tournament (Part 2)

Taylor Lehman

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2017
Alright, guys, this is open to the public now. This is the post I put on the premium boards yesterday:

-----

"Hey, everyone! Registration is open for the second (and final) weekend to pick 10 games at SportHitters.com and win two tickets to every Thursday game of the Big Ten Tournament.
If you were unable to join last weekend, you have another chance this weekend, and if you did join last weekend, you will have to register again (which just means you need to submit the passcode at the "Hoosier Hoops" promotion again, nothing else).

Last week, we had a winner (Cork4) and I finished fourth overall, but there were only 15 challengers, so the odds of winning tickets were very high! Besides spending money to purchase tickets, this is the easiest way to get free tickets to the Big Ten Tournament, for sure.

Here you go:

-----------

Folks, we at TheHoosier.com have a huge opportunity for you, thanks to our new sponsor SportHitters.com. There will be two days of a pick-10 challenge on their website/app dedicated solely to our subscribers and readers, and if you win the challenge on either day, you will win tickets (for yourself and a plus-one) to Thursday's full session of Big Ten Tournament games in Indianapolis on March 12. (For clarification: Each weekend, you're playing for tickets to the entire day of games, so by the end of these next two weekends, two winners from TheHoosier.com's challenge will be headed to Thursday's games.) If Indiana manages to avoid falling into the bottom-four teams in the Big Ten, you will see the Hoosiers play.

This is how it works:

1)Download the app at app.sporthitters.com
2) Look for "Hoosier Hoops" under Promotions on the front page
3) Follow the link and enter the passcode (passcode is "taylor")
4) Saturday morning (between the hours of 7 a.m. and noon ET) make your picks.
5) Watch and follow along in the “Results” field

I'm told there is no entry fee, and I set up my account on the SportsHitters app recently and it's pretty simple. I went through a day of challenges, and it's super easy to use. (Disclaimer: I like to remain objective, so I will also not be making picks on Indiana games.)

Anyway, the days that will be available to make picks for this promotion are the day's slate of games that include Indiana (this Sunday, March 1, when Indiana plays Illinois, and next Saturday, March 7, when Indiana plays Wisconsin). You choose 10 teams in national college basketball that you believe will win their games, and if you come away with the most points for the day among the group, you win tickets. It's that simple.

This is how SportHitters has ensured no ties. This is straight-up picks, like a March Madness, correct or incorrect, situation. BUT each team is weighted by a points system (derived completely by SportHitters and is listed next to each team) that incentivizes choosing underdogs to win. My pick for USC to beat Arizona earned me more than 14 points (which is a lot) because USC was the underdog. There will not be a tie unless two people choose exactly the same picks.

You have to be quick, though, because only the first 100 people to register will be allowed to participate. Registration began Thursday, but no one but me and SportHitters knows the passcode. To get that passcode, tune in to Heard on the Hoosier on Friday (I'll mention it at the end of the show so that any non-subscribers cannot rush to the challenge before you guys). IMPORTANT: This process begins again next weekend. Listen to next Friday's edition of Heard on the Hoosier for the passcode to register for the March 7 challenge. If you miss the first 100 entries this weekend, try again next weekend!

So in summation:
1. Download the app
2. Create your account
3. Find the "Hoosier Hoops" promotion on their front page
4. Register for that promotion using the passcode provided by us on Heard on the Hoosier
5. Make your picks on Saturday
6. Try to beat me

If you have any questions, feel free to ask."

ADVERTISEMENT