ADVERTISEMENT

Chairman of Joint Chiefs thought Trump might attempt a legit coup

A laughing emoji can mean different things, such as "Your post is funny" or "You're so full of shit, I can only laugh".

Guess which one I meant on your posts.
I realize that, which is why I know you're stupid. You are impervious to facts and you don't know where to find them, even though you apparently have a computer.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
A laughing emoji can mean different things, such as "Your post is funny" or "You're so full of shit, I can only laugh".

Guess which one I meant on your posts.
That's the point. You don't care if you're being clear or not.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Yes, you are uninformed on virtually every subject posted on this board. You cannot deal with facts because you don't have facts to back up your nonsense. Oh, here's another article about US Naval strength vs. China.

You can't deal with any view that isn't your own.

You aren't presenting any facts - only others' opinions. And, in this case, you evidently didn't even read your own link.

“U.S. and other observers generally assess that while the United States today has more naval capability overall, China’s naval modernization effort … has substantially reduced the U.S. advantage, and that if current U.S. and Chinese naval capability trend lines do not change, China might eventually draw even with or surpass the United States,”

O’Rourke said. “In the South China Sea, some observers are concerned that China has already drawn even with or even surpassed the United States.”

Actually, Ted Bundy would have benefitted from cable ties. He didn't have them and was caught with precut lengths of rope.

Don't downplay this, or it will look like you've thought about it too much.
I didn't realize Ted Bundy did his work in front of a TV camera.

Hey, how did revenue ever increase from the 2017 tax cuts? LMAO!

You aren't presenting any facts - only others' opinions. And, in this case, you evidently didn't even read your own link.

“U.S. and other observers generally assess that while the United States today has more naval capability overall, China’s naval modernization effort … has substantially reduced the U.S. advantage, and that if current U.S. and Chinese naval capability trend lines do not change, China might eventually draw even with or surpass the United States,”

O’Rourke said. “In the South China Sea, some observers are concerned that China has already drawn even with or even surpassed the United States.”
Yes, the Navy Times, and National Defense journal. Plus Aloha's opinion. You post garbage from right wing nut Tom Cotton.

Now who do you suppose is presenting factual evidence?

Yes, the Navy Times, and National Defense journal. Plus Aloha's opinion. You post garbage from right wing nut Tom Cotton.

Now who do you suppose is presenting factual evidence?
I'll go ahead and trust the Lieutenant General and Rear Admiral, who were commissioned to do the study.

You believe who you want.

Okay, you just quoted something from the article proving my point. Earlier in the thread you said China's navy can currently "blow the US Navy out of the water". Which is it? Make up your mind.

I didn't realize Ted Bundy did his work in front of a TV camera.

Hey, how did revenue ever increase from the 2017 tax cuts? LMAO!
You haven't a clue who Ted Bundy was, do you?

(Don't Google it. Just admit you don't know.)

Okay, you just quoted something from the article proving my point. Earlier in the thread you said China's navy can currently "blow the US Navy out of the water". Which is it? Make up your mind.
If you bothered to read what I've posted, I told Aloha it was hyperbole - for now.

The quote I pasted shows that, on the current track, the Chinese Navy is projected to overtake ours.

It's not difficult to figure out the track we're on, but you go on living in denial.

I'll go ahead and trust the Lieutenant General and Rear Admiral, who were commissioned to do the study.

You believe who you want.

You haven't a clue who Ted Bundy was, do you?

(Don't Google it. Just admit you don't know.)
What? Of course I do.

Are you still embarrassed about the revenue increases after the 2017 tax cuts?

LOL Having a fun Saturday?

If you bothered to read what I've posted, I told Aloha it was hyperbole - for now.

The quote I pasted shows that, on the current track, the Chinese Navy is projected to overtake ours.

It's not difficult to figure out the track we're on, but you go on living in denial.
What track are we on? You don't think the US can crank up production of ships that are in every way superior to China? You're insane.

LOL Having a fun Saturday?
Yes, I am! You can't be because you continue to be owned by every poster on this board including other Republicans.

You realize that the only people who agree with you are the craziest lunes on this board, right?

No one likes you.

• Haha
Reactions: BCCHoosier and DANC

You wrote "hyperbole -for now."

Again, you don't care if you express yourself clearly or not.

Edit to add: This is a matter of how you express yourself -- you leave things vague intentionally, so it is not a question whether you are being misunderstood.

Reactions: DrHoops

If it's hyperbole, why are you stating it as fact?

Yes, I am! You can't be because you continue to be owned by every poster on this board including other Republicans.

You realize that the only people who agree with you are the craziest lunes on this board, right?

No one likes you.
LOL! Oh NO! No one LIKES me!

Boo Hoo Hoo Hoo 😭😭😭

Does this mean you're not inviting me to your next part? I know all the cool kids will be there!

What track are we on? You don't think the US can crank up production of ships that are in every way superior to China? You're insane.
What plans do you know of to 'crank up production'?

What plans do you know of to 'crank up production'?
The United States spends more money on defense than every country in the world combined...that includes China. Our military technology is second to no one.

If our priorities changed to building more warships, I think we'd be able to do it and do it very well. China's submarines are diesel powered. Their aircraft carriers don't have catapults to launch anything but fixed wing aircraft. Maybe in the future they will get there, but the certainly aren't capable of "blowing the US Navy out of the water."

You just can't get your head around that can you?

LOL! Oh NO! No one LIKES me!

Boo Hoo Hoo Hoo 😭😭😭

Does this mean you're not inviting me to your next part? I know all the cool kids will be there!
I have never seen a single post from you that has even a tiny bit of thought. You are right there with Mas and Crayfish. Loony tunes.

The United States spends more money on defense than every country in the world combined...that includes China. Our military technology is second to no one.

If our priorities changed to building more warships, I think we'd be able to do it and do it very well. China's submarines are diesel powered. Their aircraft carriers don't have catapults to launch anything but fixed wing aircraft. Maybe in the future they will get there, but the certainly aren't capable of "blowing the US Navy out of the water."

You just can't get your head around that can you?
I didn't realize we were only preparing for potential war with China.

Idiot.

I have never seen a single post from you that has even a tiny bit of thought. You are right there with Mas and Crayfish. Loony tunes.
A bit of thought like "No one likes you"?

I can't decide if you're IU_Hickory or Goat/Bowlmania. You all have the maturity of a 3rd grader.

Sure, let's take Aloha's word for it over a Lieutenant General and a Rear Admiral.

And you think I"m uninformed? lmao!
The Lieutenant General and Rear Admiral (Montgomery, who I've met, but wouldn't say I know well by any means) didn't write a report that says what you claim it says. The Navy has some issues they need to address and work out, but not the kind of issues that in anyway indicates that they're not a match for the PLAN.

The Lieutenant General and Rear Admiral (Montgomery, who I've met, but wouldn't say I know well by any means) didn't write a report that says what you claim it says. The Navy has some issues they need to address and work out, but not the kind of issues that in anyway indicates that they're not a match for the PLAN.
The trend is not in our favor.

It's nothing new for our military to be overmatched. During the Cold War, the Soviets and Warsaw Pact dwarfed our forces. We were constantly on a defensive posture in Western Europe and all our war games ended with a Yorktown message - nuclear weapons to stop a Soviet advance.

My whole point was the Milley should be worried about our military, rather than get drawn into political battles. I don't know why he's bringing up a "coup" now, other than to sell a future book or gain political favor with the current Administration.

It's nothing new for our military to be overmatched. During the Cold War, the Soviets and Warsaw Pact dwarfed our forces. We were constantly on a defensive posture in Western Europe and all our war games ended with a Yorktown message - nuclear weapons to stop a Soviet advance.

My whole point was the Milley should be worried about our military, rather than get drawn into political battles. I don't know why he's bringing up a "coup" now, other than to sell a future book or gain political favor with the current Administration.
After the fall of the Soviet Union we found that we greatly overestimated the capabilities of the Soviet Navy. It was impressive on paper, but poorly trained and not as capable as we thought they were. On the ground they may have been able to cause far more trouble in Europe, but tank for tank, aircraft for aircraft, and just about any weapons system for weapons system, the Allies had the technological advantage. Nuclear capability was real though.

Also, Milley isn't bringing up a coup now. He's quoted in a book and the quote may or may not be accurate, but I actually don't have a problem with it if it was accurate.

Milley was addressing the problem he saw in front of him. As for you ....

businessman-burying-his-head-in-the-sand-picture-id175212000

Reactions: DrHoops
After the fall of the Soviet Union we found that we greatly overestimated the capabilities of the Soviet Navy. It was impressive on paper, but poorly trained and not as capable as we thought they were. On the ground they may have been able to cause far more trouble in Europe, but tank for tank, aircraft for aircraft, and just about any weapons system for weapons system, the Allies had the technological advantage. Nuclear capability was real though.
Technological advantage, yes. Numerically, they vastly outnumbered us in tanks. And much of our equipment then was outdated or what came out of Vietnam after the drawdown.

We were always considered a tripwire in Western Europe.

And yes, I knew how incompetent their military was, being a Russian linguist there. Some of what we heard was downright hilarious. Of course, our military also had its share of screw-ups.

Also, Milley isn't bringing up a coup now. He's quoted in a book and the quote may or may not be accurate, but I actually don't have a problem with it if it was accurate.
DANC seems to have trouble with concepts like time and date and quote attribution.

Again though, to both of your posts, by "support" I mean serve at the leisure of someone he was reportedly accusing of working out of the Nazi playbook. If you thought you were working for the Nazis, would you have kept your commission? "I'm going to resign if this keeps up the way it is...." Sure you were General Milley, sure you were.

To this post, the fact the military is prohibited from moving against citizens did not seem to be of a concern to him when he was saying that they had the guns. They have the guns he is telling everyone, the President is an American dictator in the waiting, and we were supposedly having our Reichstag moment when the backers of the supposed dictator wannabe are literally standing on the floor of Congress having forced their way in and he did jack shit. He did not resign. He did not move to stop the "coup" (even calling it that is laughable). He talked to some buddies about what he would do if....And this is not an argument that he should have done something, he should not have. It is an argument that all of his talk was bluster and hyperbole. If you think you are working for American Hitler you don't stick around.

I get it, a bunch of people don't like Trump and he gave people a whole bunch of reasons not to like him, but this really seems like some self serving reputation spit shining by a guy who was afraid his political future was tied to this President.

The last administration had an entire break down in the norms of how things should be. The FBI blew those norms. State blew those norms. The military SHOULD serve. Then again, how many high level military members (a group which Milley may or may not have belonged to) were involved in the BS briefings the former President received on Syria?

Trump bad. I can see how one would feel that way. But you want to know what else is bad? The reaction to him. Particularly in the government. It has taken a wrecking ball to about half the country's faith in institutions that used to be apolitical. General Milley running his mouth the way he did does nothing to help that, particularly when I don't think he truly believed what he was saying and his actions reflect that fact.

The rhetoric he used does not match the norms you mention and the actions he failed to take do not match the dire language he was using.

really dude, how stupid are you?

ADVERTISEMENT