ADVERTISEMENT

CFPNY6

daddyhoosier

Junior
Aug 31, 2019
iufb.net
CFP - Alabama and Notre Dame are in. Clemson and Ohio State are in with wins next Saturday. Clemson beats the Irish because they have the motivation and Lawrence back. I don't see Northwestern beating the nuts. And if they do they probably jump Indiana.
*Texas A&M - needs Clemson or Ohio St loss, beat Tennessee
*Georgia - needs Clemson and Ohio St to lose or one plus A&M loss and to whip Vanderbilt
*Cincinnati needs to beat Tulsa plus a lot of help
*Oklahoma/Iowa State - Win plus a lot of help
*Indiana needs mass carnage in front of them, possible but not likely

NY6 - Ohio St and Clemson in even with losses
*A&M - win in, lose out
*Georgia - win in, lose out
*Cincinnati could lose and still get in if Louisiana beats Coastal Carolina and they don't fall behind Louisiana
*Oklahoma/Iowa St - winner is in, loser is out
*Indiana - win and in regardless of if it's Purdue or Iowa (I'm back to this thanks to Florida and Miami losing). Even if they don't play Oklahoma or Iowa St will lose which is insurance. Cincy loss doesn't necessarily help because a Group of 5 team behind them has to get in.
*Washington/USC winner in regardless of rank
*Northwestern - beat the nuts
*Iowa - beat Indiana / beat Michigan plus Indiana loss, Ohio St over NW
*Florida - Beat Alabama
*Louisiana / Coastal Carolina - win plus Cincinnati loss
*North Carolina - needs help

Like I said a couple days ago to be safe Indiana needs to be 10th in the CFP rankings, which is where I think they will be. Plus Oklahoma and Iowa St play each other next week. I am not sure we play at all but I think if we win we are in. My best guess is we get Purdue not Iowa but nervous about the game not happening. Regardless we still make the NY6.
#LEO

Last edited:
CFP - Alabama and Notre Dame are in. Clemson and Ohio State are in with wins next Saturday. Clemson beats the Irish because they have the motivation and Lawrence back. I don't see Northwestern beating the nuts. And if they do they probably jump Indiana.
*Texas A&M - needs Clemson or Ohio St loss, beat Tennessee
*Georgia - needs Clemson and Ohio St to lose or one plus A&M loss and to whip Vanderbilt
*Cincinnati needs to beat Tulsa plus a lot of help
*Oklahoma/Iowa State - Win plus a lot of help
*Indiana needs mass carnage in front of them, possible but not likely

NY6 - Ohio St and Clemson in even with losses
*A&M - win in, lose out
*Georgia - win in, lose out
*Cincinnati could lose and still get in if Louisiana beats Coastal Carolina and they don't fall behind Louisiana
*Oklahoma/Iowa St - winner is in, loser is out
*Indiana - win and in regardless of if it's Purdue or Iowa (I'm back to this thanks to Florida and Miami losing). Even if the don't play Oklahoma or Iowa will lose. Cincy loss doesn't necessarily help because a Group of 5 team behind them has to get the in.
*Washington/USC winner in regardless of rank
*Northwestern - beat the nuts
*Iowa - beat Indiana / Michigan, Ohio St over NW
*Florida - Beat Alabama
*Louisiana / Coastal Carolina - win plus Cincinnati loss
*North Carolina - needs help

Like I said a couple days ago to be safe Indiana needs to be 10th in the CFP rankings, which is where I think they will be. Plus Oklahoma and Iowa St play each other next week. I am not sure we even play at all but I think if we win we are in. My best guess is we get Purdue not Iowa but then the game doesn't happen again. But we still make the NY6.
#LEO
IU and Purdue are likely the matchup. I think IU drops on Tuesday. Around #15 or #16.

Also I actually thought this last week but didn't bring it up. I think there is a good chance the Committee intentionally ranked Indiana a couple spots too low to generate a controversy. They picked Indiana because of what happened with Ohio State - multiplying the outrage factor. If there is a full or partial course correction this week that would support this view. Remember at the end of the day this is entertainment and it would be naive to think that things like this don't go on. I personally think it is silly to start releasing rankings more than two or three weeks from the end of the season. But it's a big show really and people tune in!

The big thing is how they handle Florida and Georgia. Georgia has gotten the break so far because their loss to Florida was viewed as a "Good Loss". After next Saturday, that could be a loss to a 3 loss team, one of which was a loss to an LSU Team with a losing record. I think these two teams are tied at the hip. As far as Florida falls, Georgia falls one spot lower. I can't see a 3 Loss Florida Team in the final Top 10.

The big thing is how they handle Florida and Georgia. Georgia has gotten the break so far because their loss to Florida was viewed as a "Good Loss". After next Saturday, that could be a loss to a 3 loss team, one of which was a loss to an LSU Team with a losing record. I think these two teams are tied at the hip. As far as Florida falls, Georgia falls one spot lower. I can't see a 3 Loss Florida Team in the final Top 10.
Mullen's an idiot. He reportedly claimed, prior to the game, that a loss to LSU wouldn't impact their playoff chances as long as they beat Alabama the following week. Nothing like telling your team before a game that the game doesn't matter.

Then, at the end of the game, he called a TO before LSU kicked the game-winning FG. Without the time out, LSU would have been in scramble mode with the clock winding down and no LSU time outs remaining. He allowed LSU to calmly set up for the FG and their excellent kicker to put it through.

Finally, UF's shoe-throwing defender should be kicked off the team.

Reactions: midwolfe and CC Mac
I think there is a good chance the Committee intentionally ranked Indiana a couple spots too low to generate a controversy.
I think that's highly unlikely. There's plenty of interest in the CFP rankings without manufacturing a controversy in the second tier.

When we were originally ranked 12th there was no controversy. The failure to move us up after beating Wisconsin was the outrage and a function, I'm sure, of a lack of respect for IU and/or a desire (conscious or subconscious) to keep us down.

I'm really hoping we get a shot at Iowa this Saturday so we can destroy Barta's Hawkeyes.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
What if Clemson destroys ND?
IMO, IU‘s close one loss to Osu, rates higher than a big loss to Clemson/win over Clemson (without TL).

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT