ADVERTISEMENT

CDC Numbers

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
Total cases - 8,317,421 in the CDC database (some data bases report more - up to 11,695,000, which is +29% - CDC requires a little more before they call it "Covid" or a "Covid caused death" for which they wait to see a death certificate "cause" - but the data is still useful - even accounting for false positives, false negatives, Covid "caused" deaths and deaths while positive for Covid - all notwithstanding)

Age Group was known for 99% of CDC cases

For age group 18-29, CDC shows 1,973,213 cases (+29% would be 2,545,444)
For age group 18-29, CDC shows 948 deaths (+29 % would be 1,223)

= 0.048 percent of 18-29 year olds who test postive die, i.e. over 99% survival rate after testing positive

CDC used to have "easier to review and understand" data on other "less-than-fatal" outcomes, but they are now based on limited reporting from a network of institutions, not all institutions, and the data is buried in a non-user-friendly manner, so I gave up.

But still, as a father of a 26 year old and a 22 year old, its good to know that college kids and recent college grads are safer - will in almost all cases fully recover and live long, healthy lives. I'll hug them big after I get me one of them vaccines, which I am happy to say - contrary to many reports made here - are "in the works" even before Turkey Day. Considering that in February, I was assured and pretty certain I would probably die, I'm fairly hopeful.

I may not get my vaccine by Christmas, but some folks will. And then more. And then some more. And then even more. And then ever more.

Between the folks who don't spread it because they got infected and built anti-bodies and t-cells, and folks who don't spread it because they get vaccines, it will slowly stop spreading, then stop spreading faster, and then stop spreading at all.

And we will miss our dead, and remember this forever.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Total cases - 8,317,421 in the CDC database (some data bases report more - up to 11,695,000, which is +29% - CDC requires a little more before they call it "Covid" or a "Covid caused death" for which they wait to see a death certificate "cause" - but the data is still useful - even accounting for false positives, false negatives, Covid "caused" deaths and deaths while positive for Covid - all notwithstanding)

Age Group was known for 99% of CDC cases

For age group 18-29, CDC shows 1,973,213 cases (+29% would be 2,545,444)
For age group 18-29, CDC shows 948 deaths (+29 % would be 1,223)

= 0.048 percent of 18-29 year olds who test postive die, i.e. over 99% survival rate after testing positive

CDC used to have "easier to review and understand" data on other "less-than-fatal" outcomes, but they are now based on limited reporting from a network of institutions, not all institutions, and the data is buried in a non-user-friendly manner, so I gave up.

But still, as a father of a 26 year old and a 22 year old, its good to know that college kids and recent college grads are safer - will in almost all cases fully recover and live long, healthy lives. I'll hug them big after I get me one of them vaccines, which I am happy to say - contrary to many reports made here - are "in the works" even before Turkey Day. Considering that in February, I was assured and pretty certain I would probably die, I'm fairly hopeful.

I may not get my vaccine by Christmas, but some folks will. And then more. And then some more. And then even more. And then ever more.

Between the folks who don't spread it because they got infected and built anti-bodies and t-cells, and folks who don't spread it because they get vaccines, it will slowly stop spreading, then stop spreading faster, and then stop spreading at all.

And we will miss our dead, and remember this forever.

Things look promising.... hopefully by summer. Gonna be a shitty winter, however.

And yes, we will all remember this. Hopefully it's another 100+ years.

Things look promising.... hopefully by summer. Gonna be a shitty winter, however.

And yes, we will all remember this. Hopefully it's another 100+ years.

Unfortunately, it's going to happen more frequently.
Urbanisation, globalisation and raising incomes = increase meat consumption will force frequent contacts between humans and animals.

Urbanisation, globalisation and raising incomes = increase meat consumption will force frequent contacts between humans and animals.

I'd hope that we would continue to learn and better adjust. We've always done so in the past.

Reactions: sglowrider

not if China stops acting like an irresponsible third world country

Reactions: 76-1
LOL.... he got it twice?

Certainly somebody that deserves it over and over, if anyone does.

very surprising (though I’m not going to lose any sleep), considering it just came out that immunity can last years

ADVERTISEMENT