ADVERTISEMENT

"CDC Gives Limited Freedoms To Fully Vaccinated"

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
Is anyone else offended by this headline?

(I'll pseudo-insert the racist/misogyinistic but woke "old white man" insult here to save time)

(I'll pseudo-insert the racist/misogyinistic but woke "old white man" insult here to save time)
Wow the amount of oppression you old white guys are suffering is astounding,

Thoughts and prayers.. maybe someday you can play with Mr Potato Head again while reading Dr Seuss and the suffering will end.

You shall overcome ...

Amazing things happen when competent leadership is at the helm and getting needles into the arms of citizens!
And NO...NOT offended.
Where can I get my Covid Vaccinated sticker for my USA Passport?

#FACTS

633977_manx1_missing-the-point-gif.gif

Click your heels three times and repeat:

"Not everything is about Donald Trump ... not EVERYthing is about Donald Trump ... NOT everything is about Donald Trump"

Now - look around.

What do you see?

Did you make it back to Kansas?

News Flash: CDC declares water is wet.

This is the reaction I had when CDC said people who are fully vaccinated can hang out with each other. I wonder how many meetings and discussions were required to come up with that gem.

News Flash: CDC declares water is wet.

This is the reaction I had when CDC said people who are fully vaccinated can hang out with each other. I wonder how many meetings and discussions were required to come up with that gem.
It’ll still be revised

Reactions: 76-1
Hospital, where I have an appointment this Thursday, called and said my mask (made in China) was no longer adequate, and a replacement mask would be provided.

So the CDC is making we vaccinated folks feel a little safer while my Hospital is telling me my China mask is no longer adequate in public. How did i survive this long?

What's next? Cuomo visits a New York nursing home and molests a nurse while wearing a mask made in China.

Last edited:
Sadly somehow Trump’s ignorance has swallowed the incompetence of the CDC which had been lost on the people. There very much needs to be an after incident review of the bureaucracy that failed us early and often in this pandemic. IMHO
Yep. NYT had a good piece on their many blunders. Trump withheld dough from the WHO but I trust now we'll just go back to business as usual with these international/national agencies. Yawn

It’ll still be revised

I get the feeling that we have no federal government these days. We have a POTUS who suffers under a severe mental disability. A congress who operates more like a politburo than a congress. And a bureaucracy that is some combination of incompetent and owned by lobbyists and special interests.

We have hugely significant legislation drafted in secret by leadership and staff and submitted for a vote with very little debate and no committee hearings. Bipartisanship and compromise is no longer a value. That is not the congress I learned about 65 years ago or the kind of congress we deserve. And POTUS? Is Biden performing any of the essential functions of the job? He speaks in meaningless gross platitudes and probably thinks along the same lines.

If we had a press that still viewed its job as holding government to account, we might be able to know who the national puppet masters really are.

Sadly somehow Trump’s ignorance has swallowed the incompetence of the CDC which had been lost on the people. There very much needs to be an after incident review of the bureaucracy that failed us early and often in this pandemic. IMHO
In the Army they are called after action reviews, at least they used to be. The real deal is the world is reaching heard immunity . It has nothing to do with who is in office. In my county, pop 120,000 8000 positive tests, CDC says times 8 for the number of positives undetected. 64 thousand plus vaccines. Heard immunity science was much discredited but the numbers will tell the truth.

I get the feeling that we have no federal government these days. We have a POTUS who suffers under a severe mental disability. A congress who operates more like a politburo than a congress. And a bureaucracy that is some combination of incompetent and owned by lobbyists and special interests.

We have hugely significant legislation drafted in secret by leadership and staff and submitted for a vote with very little debate and no committee hearings. Bipartisanship and compromise is no longer a value. That is not the congress I learned about 65 years ago or the kind of congress we deserve. And POTUS? Is Biden performing any of the essential functions of the job? He speaks in meaningless gross platitudes and probably thinks along the same lines.

If we had a press that still viewed its job as holding government to account, we might be able to know who the national puppet masters really are.

Given how divided our citizens are on so many levels, could it be this is the kind of congress and government which we end up having ?

Speaking of platitudes...It has been written that a democracy which becomes too divided cannot stand.

Last edited:
Given how divided our citizens are on so many levels, could it be this is the kind of congress and government which we end up having ?

It has been written that a democracy which becomes too divided cannot stand.

This statement from Roy Blunt is interesting. We have moved from the Reagan/O’Neil bipartisanship to the never compromise mantra. It hasn’t benefited our country, to say the least. Looking at the GOP Senators retiring - Blunt, Portman, Tomey, Shelby and Burr - it’s a good bet that their replacements will be further right and much more Trumpy. None of which will lead to further cooperation.

Reactions: iuwclurker
This statement from Roy Blunt is interesting. We have moved from the Reagan/O’Neil bipartisanship to the never compromise mantra. It hasn’t benefited our country, to say the least. Looking at the GOP Senators retiring - Blunt, Portman, Tomey, Shelby and Burr - it’s a good bet that their replacements will be further right and much more Trumpy. None of which will lead to further cooperation.

He’s a complete ahole. Entire family and friends are lobbyists. He is the swamp. Wish he’d take hawley with him

Bipartisanship and compromise was no longer a value when the GOP decided to say no to anything Obama wanted.

Maybe the press is still scared by Trump trying to kick people out of the White House for asking him the tough questions.

CoH, I share your fond memories of congress some 65 years ago and am concerned about about today's governing, so i offer this platitude from John Kennedy in hopes of a better future.

quotes-about-change-john-f-kennedy-1548343272.png

Reactions: iuwclurker
That is not the congress I learned about 65 years ago or the kind of congress we deserve.

It's hard to argue the Congress we have is anything other than the Congress we deserve, since each one of them was elected by us. It's part of a cultural shift where hyperbolic broadsides against opposition politicians are just seen as good sport.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Dumb thread title, dumb headline, dumb thread.

The CDC gives recommendations for safe behavior, made on the basis of current science. Period.

The CDC doesn't parse out freedoms. That's QAnon level thought processing.
The cdc has been a disaster from technical blunders to botched messaging, to tracing and data collection from the beginning to present. even the vaccine rollout with vams is a joke under the cdc. billions and billions of dollars and i suspect under the current admin there's no meaningful review taking place. absolutely ridiculous. the cdc has zero credibility with anything covid-related at this point

Last edited:
The CDC gives recommendations for safe behavior, made on the basis of current science. Period.

LOL. How’d the school reopening recommendation work out? CDC jumped the gun and was soon corrected by the White House puppet masters. All CDC guidance is with approval of the Democratic Party officials.

It's hard to argue the Congress we have is anything other than the Congress we deserve, since each one of them was elected by us. It's part of a cultural shift where hyperbolic broadsides against opposition politicians are just seen as good sport.

You are lying to yourself. How many voters would approve Covid stimulus money going to the likes of Dylan Roof, Derek Chauvin, or the Unibomber? That is just one small issue in $1.9 Trillion bill that is crammed down by lobbyists, staff, and leadership. There is no government by the people, for the people, or of the people.

You are lying to yourself. How many voters would approve Covid stimulus money going to the likes of Dylan Roof, Derek Chauvin, or the Unibomber? That is just one small issue in $1.9 Trillion bill that is crammed down by lobbyists, staff, and leadership. There is no government by the people, for the people, or of the people.
The Unabomber and Roof need this check to go along with the 2 they received earlier.

Because there may be a controversial provision (aka "pork barrel") tucked into a stimulus bill democracy is dead? I'm hardly the one being naive.

Yea just like dicktator trump was by the people for the people of the people? lmao

The people best get out of his way. he's got a photo op in front of the church.

Dumb thread title, dumb headline, dumb thread.

The CDC doesn't parse out freedoms. That's QAnon level thought processing.

Then why would CNN write a headline like that?
What is it about CDC (also in Atlanta) that suggests to media that CDC is an arbiter of "freedoms"?
Last I heard, mankind is born with certain unalienable freedoms.

Maybe CDC gives out science-based recommendations when they aren't lying about masks to preserve masks for the Science Elite, but not when they are saying "we don't have enough data to make a decision - 100,000,000 cases aren't enough info"

The CDC is a self-perpetuating bureauocracy that dabbles in medicine for cash.

Last edited:
Because there may be a controversial provision (aka "pork barrel") tucked into a stimulus bill democracy is dead? I'm hardly the one being naive.

Actually just the opposite. Covid relief is “tucked away” into a Democratic spending wish list. There is no democratic process at work with this bill.

Hospital, where I have an appointment this Thursday, called and said my mask (made in China) was no longer adequate, and a replacement mask would be provided.

So the CDC is making we vaccinated folks feels a little safer while my Hospital is telling me my China mask is no longer adequate in public. How did i survive this long?

What's next? Cuomo visits a New York nursing home and molests a nurse while wearing a mask made in China.

I double mask - cloth over surgical.

My doc has told me 3 times - "just take it off - get an N95 or you are kidding yourself"

ADVERTISEMENT