ADVERTISEMENT

CDC Director: “75% of deaths in people who had...

mohoosier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2001
Florida
at least 4 comorbidities.”

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CYkFqUiqY2f/?utm_medium=copy_link

So, if you’ve got 3 or more of the conditions below, you might want to be concerned. 2 or less, nah.

Summary of Conditions with Evidence​

1. Comorbidities that are supported by at least one meta-analysis or systematic review or by review method defined in Scientific Evidence brief.
  • Cerebrovascular disease
  • Chronic kidney disease*
  • Chronic lung diseases limited to:
    • Interstitial lung disease
    • Pulmonary embolism
    • Pulmonary hypertension
    • Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
    • Bronchiectasis
    • COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
  • Chronic liver diseases limited to:
    • Cirrhosis
    • Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
    • Alcoholic liver disease
    • Autoimmune hepatitis
  • Diabetes mellitus, type 1 and type 2*
  • Heart conditions (such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies)
  • Mental health disorders limited to:
    • Mood disorders, including depression
    • Schizophrenia spectrum disorders
  • Obesity (BMI ≥30 kg/m2)*
  • Pregnancy and recent pregnancy
  • Smoking, current and former
  • Tuberculosis

So it turns out the entire 4 comorbidities thing was a lie. The director said that in ONE study among VACCINATED people 78% had 4 comorbidities. For some reason not a single person who brought this story here has included the fact that the study was only for VACCINATED people. I wonder why all the people rushing to report the CDC Director's remarks somehow left off the fact that was among vaccinated people? Maybe 1) it doesn't downplay the risk overall and 2) makes it darn clear vaccines ARE working?

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/v...nSbUREG-xMW0_A010FTReV484X5s6e9e0SYUx4Bu0hWJg

Reactions: BCCHoosier
Singapore Says Virus Deaths Lowest Among Moderna Takers

1200x-1.png

at least 4 comorbidities.”

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CYkFqUiqY2f/?utm_medium=copy_link

So, if you’ve got 3 or more of the conditions below, you might want to be concerned. 2 or less, nah.

Summary of Conditions with Evidence​

1. Comorbidities that are supported by at least one meta-analysis or systematic review or by review method defined in Scientific Evidence brief.
  • Cerebrovascular disease
  • Chronic kidney disease*
  • Chronic lung diseases limited to:
    • Interstitial lung disease
    • Pulmonary embolism
    • Pulmonary hypertension
    • Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
    • Bronchiectasis
    • COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
  • Chronic liver diseases limited to:
    • Cirrhosis
    • Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
    • Alcoholic liver disease
    • Autoimmune hepatitis
  • Diabetes mellitus, type 1 and type 2*
  • Heart conditions (such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies)
  • Mental health disorders limited to:
    • Mood disorders, including depression
    • Schizophrenia spectrum disorders
  • Obesity (BMI ≥30 kg/m2)*
  • Pregnancy and recent pregnancy
  • Smoking, current and former
  • Tuberculosis
Wrong.

So it turns out the entire 4 comorbidities thing was a lie. The director said that in ONE study among VACCINATED people 78% had 4 comorbidities. For some reason not a single person who brought this story here has included the fact that the study was only for VACCINATED people. I wonder why all the people rushing to report the CDC Director's remarks somehow left off the fact that was among vaccinated people? Maybe 1) it doesn't downplay the risk overall and 2) makes it darn clear vaccines ARE working?

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/v...nSbUREG-xMW0_A010FTReV484X5s6e9e0SYUx4Bu0hWJg

Hold up Marvin, why are you upset at people for taking it out of context when GMA provided that context? At first I was thinking it was the CDC Director's fault, since she and the organization have been horrendous the past two years.

However, the guy in your link literally said ("however, the broadcast cut off the first part of her answer, leaving the quote out of context") that GMA didn't air the entire question and answer, just the portion people grasped, so shame that shit morning show for pretending to be a news source. If GMA, Today, etc. all went bust, society would be better off.

Reactions: 76-1
Hold up Marvin, why are you upset at people for taking it out of context when GMA provided that context? At first I was thinking it was the CDC Director's fault, since she and the organization have been horrendous the past two years.

However, the guy in your link literally said ("however, the broadcast cut off the first part of her answer, leaving the quote out of context") that GMA didn't air the entire question and answer, just the portion people grasped, so shame that shit morning show for pretending to be a news source. If GMA, Today, etc. all went bust, society would be better off.
I doubt the people saw it on GMA, rather picked it up off Twitter or something. I won't insult them by suggesting they watch GMA. And there is nothing "wrong" with getting wrong info from Twitter. But where the problem comes is did anyone on Twitter or here come back with an "oops*?

I doubt the people saw it on GMA, rather picked it up off Twitter or something. I won't insult them by suggesting they watch GMA. And there is nothing "wrong" with getting wrong info from Twitter. But where the problem comes is did anyone on Twitter or here come back with an "oops*?

the clips posted on Twitter are from GMA. Should they post the full video to revise their tweets? Probably. But, you are blaming the recipients of a service failure instead of the service itself.

Reactions: 76-1
the clips posted on Twitter are from GMA. Should they post the full video to revise their tweets? Probably. But, you are blaming the recipients of a service failure instead of the service itself.
There are groups out there on Twitter and Facebook that do nothing more than push outrage. That is on the left and right. I don't use Twitter since I stopped working on SQL, but friends share this crap on Facebook all the time.

Few people really fact check this stuff. Now we can blame twitter and Facebook, but shouldn't we be smarter consumers as well?

I mean at first I didn't care about this worthless quote but I wasn't spreading it. But once it became ubiquitous, I thought I would look it up to see if there was missing nuance. There was.

Which goes to the heart of the problem for all of us, things that support our view are not automatically correct because they support our view. The idea that 78% of the 800,000 plus dead all had at least 4 comorbidities sounds way high not to have come out until this week.

There are groups out there on Twitter and Facebook that do nothing more than push outrage. That is on the left and right. I don't use Twitter since I stopped working on SQL, but friends share this crap on Facebook all the time.

Few people really fact check this stuff. Now we can blame twitter and Facebook, but shouldn't we be smarter consumers as well?

I mean at first I didn't care about this worthless quote but I wasn't spreading it. But once it became ubiquitous, I thought I would look it up to see if there was missing nuance. There was.

Which goes to the heart of the problem for all of us, things that support our view are not automatically correct because they support our view. The idea that 78% of the 800,000 plus dead all had at least 4 comorbidities sounds way high not to have come out until this week.

i don’t disagree with much of this, but am failing to understand why the original source isn’t to blame. GMA purposely edited its show (as it does every show and interview), and while I don’t believe there it was done with malice, it was certainly negligent and reckless.

in todays world of immediate news, you can’t simply issue a correction and try to reverse a viral trend. It simply doesn’t work.

my guess is the editor(s) will be taking their job much more seriously going forward. Or so we can hope.

i don’t disagree with much of this, but am failing to understand why the original source isn’t to blame. GMA purposely edited its show (as it does every show and interview), and while I don’t believe there it was done with malice, it was certainly negligent and reckless.

in todays world of immediate news, you can’t simply issue a correction and try to reverse a viral trend. It simply doesn’t work.

my guess is the editor(s) will be taking their job much more seriously going forward. Or so we can hope.

GMA screwed up, but if people are watching GMA for news they have a problem (same for watching The View, Sean Hannity, Don Lemon, Rachel Maddow). GMA is an entertainment program. We can blame them, but they represent the real problem. More Americans want to be entertained than Americans who want to be informed.

I find John Oliver funny. But if I were to quote him here, and I have once or twice a few years ago, I should look up his facts and confirm them from other sources. If one looks up the 4 comorbidity question, one finds the CDC director on GMA and that is it. It really should seem strange that this news exists in only one place, one interview with the CDC director.

Yes, GMA should do better. I don't watch GMA so there is little I can do to force them to do better. On this end I can at least ask people to source check, it is something all of us should do and it is something all of us don't do at least upon occasion.

It appears when we say "we can't trust the media" what we mean is "we can't trust the media whenever they disagree with our pre-established viewpoint". The same of course goes with experts, politicians, religious leaders, referees, etc.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT