ADVERTISEMENT

Carton in B'ton this weekend

I suppose we can take solace in the fact that OSU would have absolutely hired Archie if IU hadn’t snagged him up first.
I don’t think we can say for certain they would’ve taken Archie over Holtmann. You just never know in these things. Honestly at this point I think it’s a coin flip of who will do better long term.

I don’t think we can say for certain they would’ve taken Archie over Holtmann. You just never know in these things. Honestly at this point I think it’s a coin flip of who will do better long term.
How do you assess the strengths and weaknesses of CM and CH in terms of in-game adjustment, defense, and recruiting?

yep, I'd say everyone's happy at this point! Both programs should rise to the top of the conference... maybe bumping MSU and WI down a notch or too. I like where we are as a program right now.

Reactions: fpeaugh
How do you assess the strengths and weaknesses of CM and CH in terms of in-game adjustment, defense, and recruiting?
Now or in the future?

Recruiting is pretty easy these days with rankings.

In game all I care about is results. You can break down all the nerdy stats you want but at the end of the day it’s can you win? Specifically big games. This will become clear for both over the years.

How would you answer the question?

Little bro? Purdue won 30 games last season.
Wait, stop...............BANNER TIME!!!

giphy.gif

Really in the end of the day if you don't win the championship it really doesn't matter if you made it or not.

Know this is rivalry thing but no one believes that including you. Same as saying that all those IU Teams that never won it all don't matter and contributed zip to IU's tradition/legacy.

Newton/Jeffries/Fife/Coverdale/Odle/Moye/Leach/Hornsby say hi.

Now or in the future?

Recruiting is pretty easy these days with rankings.

In game all I care about is results. You can break down all the nerdy stats you want but at the end of the day it’s can you win? Specifically big games. This will become clear for both over the years.

How would you answer the question?
I predict that IU-OSU will become the premiere college basketball rivalry by 2022. Both programs will compete for conference and national championships in the next decade.

I predict that IU-OSU will become the premiere college basketball rivalry by 2022. Both programs will compete for conference and national championships in the next decade.
Like the early 90s when they were both top 5/10 teams every year.

Check the records during the period when Crean was at IU and Painter at Purdue. How many times did Crean miss the Big Dance?
Matt Painter rules, especially in the NCAA's. Wow, what a recruiter. You should keep him around for 14 more years and build a statue of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT