ADVERTISEMENT

Carton Commits To Ohio State

I can ignore things like croots or other things people come up with. I understood what it meant and don't want to waste time giving my feedback on a new word. I wish I didn't feel the need to correct typos. These aren't emails to the CEO or a thesis paper. I really spend too much time editing posts and need to just type and send as I am doing now.

Like much else, language holds infinite potential. Imagine that capacity for craft or art deserves some respect. Just because a thing is tossed out as part of a 'culture', doesn't mean it actually embodies any...

JMO. :cool:

Doesn't matter - stupidity is timeless and definitely not age-specific. Millennials certainly recording more than their share of not greatest hits...

Lighten up, Francis. Millennials calling recruits “croots” while listening to rap music and eating avocado toast doesn’t impact you in any way. There’s no need to get upset about it.

Lighten up, Francis. Millennials calling recruits “croots” while listening to rap music and eating avocado toast doesn’t impact you in any way.

Guessing what you know of causality is not much, but we can absolutely agree that you have every right to sound like you're retarded. The avocados don't seem to be making you sound any smarter, but stay with it Kitten, good chance their effect is being compromised by your choice of auditory input.

Last edited:
Guessing what you know of causality is not much, but we can absolutely agree that you have every right to sound like a retard. The avocados don't seem to be making you sound any smarter, but stay with it Kitten, good chance their effect is being compromised by your choice of auditory input.

What do you have against us landing the best croots possible?

That an inverse relationship between athleticism and intellect suggests they're likely to be even dumber than you? Many here may find that difficult to imagine, but here you are.

Why so hostile brah? I'm just trying to talk IUBB 'crootin with you. We have a limited number of schollies and want to make sure we're only using them on the best commies. Wouldn't you agree?

Guessing what you know of causality is not much, but we can absolutely agree that you have every right to sound like a retard. The avocados don't seem to be making you sound any smarter, but stay with it Kitten, good chance their effect is being compromised by your choice of auditory input.

Neat. The guy who nonchalantly uses the R word gets upset over nothing and thinks I’m stupid. I’ll take that as a compliment. Stay mad at the changing world, old man. It won’t change a thing.

Reactions: limestonecowboy
You can always pick an outlier. In anything.

The experts are actually very accurate on the whole. It’s all about percentages.
Just as much as Skal could be an outlier, DJ could be as well.

Skal was the #2 RSCI player in 2015. Carton is currently around 17-25, depending on the source. TMP might be wrong, but he’s provided sound reasoning why he wasn’t enamored with Carton as a player. To dismiss it purely as sour grapes is your right, but that doesn’t mean it’s not valid.

Doesn't matter - stupidity is timeless and definitely not age-specific. Millennials certainly recording more than their share of not greatest hits...
The idea that there are generations is bogus. Generation speak is always ageist and reactionary on some level. At the very least, those conversations are never really substantive and always reductive.

Just as much as Skal could be an outlier, DJ could be as well.

Skal was the #2 RSCI player in 2015. Carton is currently around 17-25, depending on the source. TMP might be wrong, but he’s provided sound reasoning why he wasn’t enamored with Carton as a player. To dismiss it purely as sour grapes is your right, but that doesn’t mean it’s not valid.
I posted my opinion on Carton at least twice in the last month. It never changed. I've said the same for at least for six months. One post where I say Lewis is the better guard, and another where I point to the thing I don't like about him. His decision making and feel. IIRC the first was to Tommy Cracker.

It's very simple, he freezes the ball. Watch him, it's not at a Barkley level or anything, but it's one trait I hate in a PG. I nitpick PG play and am picky about them in general. Sue me. It's a thing.

He catches, then reads, and then reacts and it's generally an attempt to score until stopped. He should know the play before he catches, he should be ahead of the play, like Lewis is. Watch KL, he already knows what to do way before he gets the ball or a play develops. He plays within the flow with a feel for the game and makes quick decisions Carton doesn't. He stops the ball.

You can't get much from AAU and HS games it all depends on competition and intensity of play but you can watch footwork and decision making and things like that. Carlton has tools; he's quick, can shoot, and has a good handle, it's why he's highly ranked. But, he's like a person who waits to see the menu before making an order at McDonald's*. You know, one of those people.

(*if a person was gross enough to eat that swill)

Last edited:
I never said he’s a sure thing. And what sound reasoning did TMP provide? All he said is he lacks court sense. From a guy who has only seen him in highlight videos. I don’t know that I’d call that sound reasoning.

If you look at players ranked in that 17-25 range in previous classes, you’ll see the vast majority of them turned into very good/great college players. The percentages lean heavily in his favor.

And bottom line is I wouldn’t have said anything if he posted that a week ago before he committed. But to say you don’t want a recruit the day he commits to another school, especially a 5 star recruit, is 100% sour grapes. No two ways about it. No other explanation.

And TMP states "I posted my opinion on Carton at least twice in the last month. It never changed. I've said the same for at least for six months."

Are you calling him a liar?

And TMP states "I posted my opinion on Carton at least twice in the last month. It never changed. I've said the same for at least for six months."

Are you calling him a liar?
I honestly didn’t see that before I posted. Once I did I deleted my post. He provided more reasoning and I take him at his word that he was saying this before his commitment. My mistake.

Reactions: Brockway
Neat. The guy who nonchalantly uses the R word gets upset over nothing and thinks I’m stupid. I’ll take that as a compliment. Stay mad at the changing world, old man. It won’t change a thing.

My mistake indeed, fixed it for you, though it's amusing that you'd cite PCness while speaking of age as a liability, an insult or reason to dismiss.

Change not an issue so much as its lack or quality, not that you've likely ever caused any of meaningful consequence. If you had, or actually knew anything of history and yours truly, you'd know anger is as effective and defining a change agent as ever was.

Enjoy your toast.

I always want the kids that want to play at IU. He chose not to. Good luck to him. I'm sure he feels he made the correct call, which makes it the correct call for us too. We'll get to see him plenty in the BIG. It'll be fun. Go Hoosiers!

Just so. Also possible that his 'rejection' of IU gives the Hoosiers a little more incentive when it comes time to play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT