ADVERTISEMENT

Carson has $31K dining set in his office, paid for by taxpayers

sglowrider

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
Tiny Red Dot
https://www.axios.com/ben-carson-sp...hud-09cf52ad-2958-4cfd-b67c-720182d86aa6.html

The Department of Housing and Urban Development used $31,000 to purchase a custom hardwood table, chairs and a hutch for Secretary Ben Carson’s office late last year, the New York Times reports.

With all these private jet trips, shady deals in Puerto Rico etc, this poor man cant catch a break. Whats the big deal about a $31,000 dining set in your office? WTF

It seems a bit inexpensive for a dining room table set don't you guys think? Its almost IKEA level price for a set if I am not mistaken.

Witch Hunt!

quote-they-see-nothing-wrong-in-the-rule-that-to-the-victors-belong-the-spoils-of-the-enemy-william-l-marcy-356297.jpg

Four More Years! Four More Years President Trump!

Last edited:
https://www.axios.com/ben-carson-sp...hud-09cf52ad-2958-4cfd-b67c-720182d86aa6.html

With all these private jet trips, shady deals in Puerto Rico etc, this poor man cant catch a break. Whats the big deal about a $31,000 dining set in your office? WTF

It seems a bit inexpensive for a dining room table set don't you guys think? Its almost IKEA level price for a set if I am not mistaken.

Witch Hunt!

quote-they-see-nothing-wrong-in-the-rule-that-to-the-victors-belong-the-spoils-of-the-enemy-william-l-marcy-356297.jpg

Four More Years! Four More Years President Trump!
Something tells me the idea of government waste is suddenly going to become less important among about 49% of our posters here. Hmmm. I wonder why.

Something tells me the idea of government waste is suddenly going to become less important among about 49% of our posters here. Hmmm. I wonder why.

Seriously? A year on, and they have learnt nothing? Surely it has to be less than 49% by now. Unless the victor/spoils malarkey is truly their attitude?

I will call all the absurd waste as a total crock. Politicians somehow feel they "deserve" all they can get while "serving". It is nothing new and for every example you show me of a pub doing so wi can show you two of a Dem doing so. Both are wrong as hell. DJT did just save almost two billion on new planes though. Anyone talking about that? Of course not. Waste is fraud i don't care who is doing it. Politicians today are much like the millennial generation. They feel like they are "deserving" for just gracing the country with their presence. It is a broken system.

I will call all the absurd waste as a total crock. Politicians somehow feel they "deserve" all they can get while "serving". It is nothing new and for every example you show me of a pub doing so wi can show you two of a Dem doing so. Both are wrong as hell. DJT did just save almost two billion on new planes though. Anyone talking about that? Of course not. Waste is fraud i don't care who is doing it. Politicians today are much like the millennial generation. They feel like they are "deserving" for just gracing the country with their presence. It is a broken system.
Trump not patting himself on the back for saving taxpayers money? Surely you jest.

Reactions: sglowrider
Trump not patting himself on the back for saving taxpayers money? Surely you jest.

So saving a couple billion is a disgrace and DJT should not talk about it? Ok got it. Now if a dem had done it we could talk about it for a few years.

Who raised that generation?

Who raised that generation?
My kid is doing quite well thank you. Parents or the lack of need to look in the mirror i agree with that. But today's society plays the blame game. No need for self responsibility. It is someone else's fault. But that is another topic. Wasting taxpayer money should concern every single person but far too many are on the take so they have no skin in the game to worry about it.

Reactions: bigmac76
Not me! You can't keep robbing Peter to pay Paul. Sooner or later Peter runs out of money. In my mind what the govt out to do is have items donated so that the stores and companies can get a write off. Plus it is great advertisement to say, "Our beds are in the Lincoln Bedroom" for instance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT