ADVERTISEMENT

Capitol in lockdown

Yes, because they’ve been brainwashed into believing the hype - just as these bozo rioters were. One is conditioned to see race in everything by our race baiting media - because it gets clicks and views.

I challenge you to find micro-instances of cops treating these rioters any differently than the summer rioters. This was classic attempts at de-escalation of a relatively spontaneous protest that turned ugly. The BLM protests were violating curfews and were looting and destroying property and burning down federal buildings.

the DC police executed as well as they could’ve given a bad plan. I’m sorry that offends you.
The DC police aren't done for the day. I'm guessing they'll be less tolerant as the night wears on.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
You are repeatedly bringing it up in response to posts that don't even mention race. I'm just saying.
Dude. C’mon man (Chris Carter voice) - the insinuation is so thick that one can’t see through it.

I was out of line with my response to your post about the dying woman. The others are overt cop-hating attempts to call cops racist. If you don’t believe that then....

If it was protestors phone then either the cop had a serious judgment problem or he was trying to deescalate with that protestor. It doesn’t mean that race baiting nitwits like Hill can judge from a frozen snapshot in time. But she has. And you have. And that makes you part of the problem.
Prove me wrong.

I find it completely ridiculous to suggest that a cop agreeing to pose for a selfie while a violent and dangerous mob of terrorists is ravaging the Capitol is some sort of double secret, decoder ring-type police work, but hey I'll happily admit I'm wrong.

Again, this is a weird hill to die on.

Reactions: Zizkov
Wait so congress is going back into the chamber to finish? That it's? Some f*cking riot, if they're all back in their seats carrying on four hours later. There are STILL businesses boarded up on Michigan Avenue.

Is this the biggest overreaction of all time or what?

Reactions: Crayfish57
Sorry. If this forum contains otherwise educated adults who just want to parrot mass media talking points without considering alternative explanations or letting facts appear simply to fit their ideologies then I guess I don’t belong.

Ranger, I have no idea if today was racism. Not if the Kenosha thing where the police shared water and laughs with the armed guys who happened to be out after curfew. Not if the police that drove right past the Kenosha shooting suspect as he tries to surrender to them (after curfew). There are a myriad of possibilities, but how do we know none have a racial basis? Since we no know one will confess race was the reason for the differing treatments, are we just stuck with, "it is never race".

The investigators need to consider the option. But sans a confession, we will never KNOW. It becomes like COVID, if we never test for it it doesn't exist.

If the police had a de-escalation strategy today, they must answer what plan B was if it failed. IF the FBI found 2 bombs in the Capitol there is no doubt de-escalation failed. It should NEVER happen that bombs get in. There needs to be an answer to what the plan was if having a beer with the rioters didn't work. And we should demand that real soon, not in 6 months after they have time to come up with a suitable explanation.

Reactions: glmiu11
Dude. C’mon man (Chris Carter voice) - the insinuation is so thick that one can’t see through it.

I was out of line with my response to your post about the dying woman. The others are overt cop-hating attempts to call cops racist. If you don’t believe that then....
I didn't read them that way, but then I can be pretty dumb, so...

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Wait so congress is going back into the chamber to finish? That it's? Some f*cking riot, if they're all back in their seats carrying on four hours later. There are STILL businesses boarded up on Michigan Avenue.

Is this the biggest overreaction of all time or what?
No.

Agreed. Ohio guy pointed out it was the protestors phone so I default to him deescalating. Or he’s an idiot. I don’t know. But everyone else already has it figured out.

Well, I ain't got jack shit figured out. I move between swearing, crying, and praying. (And I'm an atheist.)

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
Ranger, I have no idea if today was racism. Not if the Kenosha thing where the police shared water and laughs with the armed guys who happened to be out after curfew. Not if the police that drove right past the Kenosha shooting suspect as he tries to surrender to them (after curfew). There are a myriad of possibilities, but how do we know none have a racial basis? Since we no know one will confess race was the reason for the differing treatments, are we just stuck with, "it is never race".

The investigators need to consider the option. But sans a confession, we will never KNOW. It becomes like COVID, if we never test for it it doesn't exist.

If the police had a de-escalation strategy today, they must answer what plan B was if it failed. IF the FBI found 2 bombs in the Capitol there is no doubt de-escalation failed. It should NEVER happen that bombs get in. There needs to be an answer to what the plan was if having a beer with the rioters didn't work. And we should demand that real soon, not in 6 months after they have time to come up with a suitable explanation.
If there is the slightest suspicion any member of the Capitol police acted in any way to facilitate this they will be gone pronto. I'd bet a substantial amount on that.

No it’s not. You serious?

5 hours later. Back on the Senate floor.

The small business owner who had his windows smashed and the contents of his store stolen, wasn't back up and running in 5 hours.

Headline tomorrow should read: "Capitol Police Fail Horribly at containing a few dozen, unarmed Protestors"

Reactions: Crayfish57

The small business owner who had his windows smashed and the contents of his store stolen, wasn't back up and running in 5 hours.

Headline tomorrow should read: "Capitol Police Fail Horribly at containing a few dozen, unarmed Protestors"
I know one has ever accused you of being intelligent...but did you fall down and hit your head or something? You might want to call 911.

Reactions: Circlejoe

You really think that’s a coincidence? Every person that was there at the capital building knew that they could get shot. They’re going to treat that situation real. If it continues tonight in some way, it’s going to get real. It’s far from an overreaction. And Trump is more than willing to let them die so he can feel better about himself.

Amazing sights...

4987.jpg

210106151337-protester-pose-with-capitol-statue-large-169.jpg

210106-capitol-protest-house-chamber-2-se-316p_c441907efa07301b9ffab98e4f52c189.focal-360x700.jpg

1200x0.jpg

5ff63b8b455ab.image.jpg

S166178404-860x534.jpg

Another thing I think about constantly...
I just don’t see how a Civil War would work anymore. The government would just send in the drones. The only way you could have a Civil War now would be if the army chose a side other than the government. I don’t see that happening. All this is doing is setting up for people to get hurt for no reason.

A few dozen? Trump's inauguration crowd wasn't that large.

If there is the slightest suspicion any member of the Capitol police acted in any way to facilitate this they will be gone pronto. I'd bet a substantial amount on that.
Agreed. All I’m advocating for is thoughtful critical thought. But several in here jump straight to what I find to be asinine comparisons of the summer riots with what happened today. It’s unthoughtful virtue signaling and is unproductive.

Perhaps we should be celebrating that only one dumbass was killed during an unparalleled breach on one of our country’s most important buildings with some of our unfortunately most important citizens (our elected officials) inside.

Like @bawlmer said, they seemed to be professional - albeit unprepared. Yet we get the usual parroting of anti-police rhetoric. Yuck.

I have no idea what you’re babbling about.

Yes, it looks like this under control after one day (we hope)

Biden made spot spot on remarks today. It would have been great if he had made similar remarks earlier this summer.
What comments did Biden make today that differed from summer? Genuinely asking.

I saw Biden speak out multiple times in support of police and against nonpeaceful protests.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Agreed. All I’m advocating for is thoughtful critical thought. But several in here jump straight to what I find to be asinine comparisons of the summer riots with what happened today. It’s unthoughtful virtue signaling and is unproductive.

Perhaps we should be celebrating that only one dumbass was killed during an unparalleled breach on one of our country’s most important buildings with some of our unfortunately most important citizens (our elected officials) inside.

Like @bawlmer said, they seemed to be professional - albeit unprepared. Yet we get the usual parroting of anti-police rhetoric. Yuck.
I don't think the Capitol police really had much choice short of using lethal force right off the bat. There aren't enough of them. The DC police do not routinely protect the Capitol building. What should have happened was to provide the Capitol police with advance reinforcements in anticipation of a mob storming the building.

I don't think the Capitol police really had much choice short of using lethal force right off the bat. There aren't enough of them. The DC police do not routinely protect the Capitol building. What should have happened was to provide the Capitol police with advance reinforcements in anticipation of a mob storming the building.
And had the Guard on alert. The Guard is a slow moving beast unless they are standing to.

Telling the truth for sure, but shouldn't have gone there.
Agree - I also have to give props to Mike Pence and Mitch McConnell for their statements. I suspect neither is getting an invite to Mar-a-lago anytime soon.

James Lankford is talking now. With all these Republicans getting rattled by this and speaking up about it, I'm doubling down on the idea that it's becoming more palatable to prosecute Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT