ADVERTISEMENT

Capitol in lockdown

I get that it was Jemele Hill that posted that photo and you don't like her, but I'm not sure what you're getting at. As far as I can tell, she didn't doctor the photo. And maybe you know something I don't, but I don't think taking selfies is SOP for law enforcement in that type of situation.
Read what I wrote very carefully - ignoring the part about Hill.

That cop now has a close up of that protestor on his phone. Do you think, in your cop hating mind, that maybe, just maybe, he was gathering intelligence by doing that? Or perhaps approaching the guy in a friendly manner to de-escalate?

Nope - must be racism.#becauseitalwaysis

I'll be anxious to hear what the Capitol police plan was for the day. It seemed to be to not resist the crowd and protect and evacuate the members. Then clear the building. Clearly, though, there are lines that cannot be crossed. No one was entering the chambers while there were members inside.

My biggest concern was there would be guns brought in during the initial chaos. That could have happened pretty easily, it appeared.

The FBI said two IEDs were brought in. That sort of makes the need for seperation from the elected officials even greater. Plus, who knows where we would be constitutionally if they got to the ballot boxes and destroyed the E/C votes.

But Zeke will point out that police helping people down steps is a bad thing!

It’s called deescalation. It’s called being a law enforcement professional.

Can you understand why it's frustrating to many to see that police are capable of this after doing the opposite consistently at BLM protests?

Looks like they’re all heading back in. Poor Pence. I bet he turned his cell phone off. Trump textin him non stop all crazy
iphone-k80B.png

Reactions: UncleMark
I'll be anxious to hear what the Capitol police plan was for the day. It seemed to be to not resist the crowd and protect and evacuate the members. Then clear the building. Clearly, though, there are lines that cannot be crossed. No one was entering the chambers while there were members inside.
Many on here are quick to point out that this is racist behavior. Because it has to be.

That cop now has a close up of that protestor on his phone. Do you think, in your cop hating mind, that maybe, just maybe, he was gathering intelligence by doing that? Or perhaps approaching the guy in a friendly manner to de-escalate?

His job wasn’t to collect evidence, it was to secure the Capitol.

It’s called deescalation. It’s called being a law enforcement professional.
Yes, too bad police don’t always do that when involved in what usually starts as a minor infraction and turns into an unarmed black man being shot and killed.

Many on here are quick to point out that this is racist behavior. Because it has to be.

Remember Kenosha, the police handing out water and thanking the armed right-wing vigilantes. Maybe it isn't race, maybe the police have decided they support the militias?

Reactions: T.M.P.
Can you understand why it's frustrating to many to see that police are capable of this after doing the opposite consistently at BLM protests?
Yes, because they’ve been brainwashed into believing the hype - just as these bozo rioters were. One is conditioned to see race in everything by our race baiting media - because it gets clicks and views.

I challenge you to find micro-instances of cops treating these rioters any differently than the summer rioters. This was classic attempts at de-escalation of a relatively spontaneous protest that turned ugly. The BLM protests were violating curfews and were looting and destroying property and burning down federal buildings.

the DC police executed as well as they could’ve given a bad plan. I’m sorry that offends you.

Reactions: jet812
I guess I missed that. I saw reports that busloads of antifa types were unloading today in DC. Who knows who is who. The violence today is vertainly out of character for a righty protest, but we are living in strange times.
Reports from where?

Naw, just storming the Capital Building in an seditious attempt to overthrow a legal election spurned on my the biggest POS on the planet ...
Right. But that has nothing to do with their treatment of cops. We’re discussing the cops behavior. They respond according to how they are treated

Reports that both House and Senate will reconvene and finish the job tonight. CNN reporting that the Senate objectors are in strategy meetings about whether to continue the clown show or give it up in light of today's events.
The show must go on.
I really really want to see the Congressional anarchists try and claim they were just exerting their Constitutional obligation to assure the count is free and fair.

First of all, I never claimed anything was racist. And second of all, the guy has a picture of the cop on HIS phone, not the on the cop's phone. Maybe the protestor/rioter/terrorist taking the photo was actually under cover and now he has a photo of a lazy cop not doing his job.

Seriously - this is a weird hill to die on. Saying that a cop is posing for a selfie with someone who broke into the Capitol as some 4D chess move is just odd.

Last edited:
I really really want to see the Congressional anarchists try and claim they were just exerting their Constitutional obligation to assure the count is free and fair.
Ted Cruz has some of the worst political instincts I’ve ever seen. Before GA last night he was almost the first Pub to get massively upset in a red state. Shocking he’s still in office.

Hey, man, I know you find this shit frustrating, but you're turning into what you're complaining about. Maybe give it just a tiny bit of a rest.
Sorry. If this forum contains otherwise educated adults who just want to parrot mass media talking points without considering alternative explanations or letting facts appear simply to fit their ideologies then I guess I don’t belong.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Ted Cruz has some of the worst political instincts I’ve ever seen. Before GA last night he was almost the first Pub to get massively upset in a red state. Shocking he’s still in office.
I’ve had the same thought. I can’t believe he thinks he’s still got a shot. He’s a sellout nerd.

The word "much" has meaning. It does not mean "all".

Honor that or there's no sense in using this language to converse.
Explain at a micro level, meaning the cop to protestor relationship, how this response differs. Start with the actions of the protestors and go from there...

no chance in your mind that the cop was doing that because it gets a potential criminal’s face in a photo?

Are you of the mind that when the US Marshals catch felons using phony sweepstakes that they’re actually giving awards and taking it easy on them?

Chill out man. Let the situation develop. Siding with a gun jumping Jemele Hill or Keith Olbermann is typically not something that ages well.

That was some damn good police work. I'm sure there were no security cameras within a mile of the capital.

More than likely he was acting friendly to prevent being accosted by the crowd.

First of all, I never claimed anything was racist. And second of all, the guy has a picture of the cop on HIS phone, not the on the cop's phone. Maybe the protestor/rioter/terrorist taking the photo was actually under cover and now he has a photo of a lazy cop not doing his job.

Seriously - this is a weird hill to die on. Saying that a cop is posing for a selfie with someone who broke into the Capitol as some 4D chess move is just odd.
If it was protestors phone then either the cop had a serious judgment problem or he was trying to deescalate with that protestor. It doesn’t mean that race baiting nitwits like Hill can judge from a frozen snapshot in time. But she has. And you have. And that makes you part of the problem.

That was some damn good police work. I'm sure there were no security cameras within a mile of the capital.

More than likely he was acting friendly to prevent being accosted by the crowd.
Agreed. Ohio guy pointed out it was the protestors phone so I default to him deescalating. Or he’s an idiot. I don’t know. But everyone else already has it figured out.

Sorry. If this forum contains otherwise educated adults who just want to parrot mass media talking points without considering alternative explanations or letting facts appear simply to fit their ideologies then I guess I don’t belong.
You are repeatedly bringing it up in response to posts that don't even mention race. I'm just saying.

Reactions: iuwclurker
ADVERTISEMENT