ADVERTISEMENT

Capitol in lockdown

Is there a point there?
Response to your “I’m starting to think some of you don’t have black friends.” I’ve spent a ton of time interacting with cops who are black, who are white, who work in predominantly black neighborhoods. I understand a bit about their feelings and what sets them off. I think you love when white people act badly and look really really hard to find racism.

Last edited:
Sasse has an impressive air about him. Sort of an everyman style of gravitas.

I've loved Sasse positioning himself as an anti-Trump republican.

I get that it's a political lane so I'm not sure how altruistic he is with his constant ripping of Trump, but I think he's being politically shrewd and hoping that the Trumpican edge will burn to the ground.

So you'll get a guy like Sasse who is on record as one of the few Republicans to have the courage to stand up to him vs a guy like Cruz who is just trying to pander to the Trump base.

But Cruz is seen as a bootlicker and he should know Trump's loyalty is flea skin deep.

It's going to crack me up if in 2024 Don Jr. runs and Trump turns the base against Cruz anyway.

But Sasse is playing an interesting hand and I respect him for it.

I've loved Sasse positioning himself as an anti-Trump republican.

I get that it's a political lane so I'm not sure how altruistic he is with his constant ripping of Trump, but I think he's being politically shrewd and hoping that the Trumpican edge will burn to the ground.

So you'll get a guy like Sasse who is on record as one of the few Republicans to have the courage to stand up to him vs a guy like Cruz who is just trying to pander to the Trump base.

But Cruz is seen as a bootlicker and he should know Trump's loyalty is flea skin deep.

It's going to crack me up if in 2024 Don Jr. runs and Trump turns the base against Cruz anyway.

But Sasse is playing an interesting hand and I respect him for it.

He’s not running.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Stop being an idiot, please.

And she was shot in the chest. The shot came from the other side of the window.

Cant help myself. If you can look at the events of today and your first thought is, “My gosh, those racist Capitol police would never have shown black people the same treatment”. You’re brain is obviously broken and you deserve to be clowned.

Reactions: jet812
I’m having a hard time understanding that shooting while other anti Americans are sitting in the Speaker’s office, etc.
Probably the crowds in different areas were behaving differently? The crowd in the video above seemed pretty agitated while the crowd with horns guy and desk sitter seemed more like pranksters. I dunno though. I wasn’t there. Just talking out my ass.

I’m having a hard time understanding that shooting while other anti Americans are sitting in the Speaker’s office, etc.
I know nothing about police rules of engagement, but I suspect the rules for encountering some slob lounging in a chair in an office are different than the rules for dealing with someone who is actively breaching a barricade that you are presently defending.

Probably the crowds in different areas were behaving differently? The crowd in the video above seemed pretty agitated while the crowd with horns guy and desk sitter seemed more like pranksters. I dunno though. I wasn’t there. Just talking out my ass.
My exact impression. I had a hard time viewing this as a coup. Seemed like dim-witted goofballs

Cant help myself. If you can look at the events of today and your first thought is, “My gosh, those racist Capitol police would never have shown black people the same treatment”. You’re brain is obviously broken and you deserve to be clowned.
If I wasn't such a lazy worthless mod, I'd take your posts, Zeke's posts, and Ranger's posts, and get them the hell out of this thread, and move them to a new thread titled, "WE CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT RACE."

I shudder at imagining what realizations that poor woman had as her life drained away. Her last moments on earth were probably singularly depressing.
And from the perspective of the folks working there it had to be frightening as hell. just so much of the crowd looked like clowns - as Lars noted. What a stupid way to die

Reactions: larsIU
I know nothing about police rules of engagement, but I suspect the rules for encountering some slob lounging in a chair in an office are different than the rules for dealing with someone who is actively breaching a barricade that you are presently defending.

Agreed, that's a good reason not to shoot them. I don't understand why the folks committing the federal crime trespassing in the capitol building were not arrested. Whatever the reason, that's objectively different from how the folks protesting outside during the Kavanaugh hearings were treated. More were arrested that day.

And from the perspective of the folks working there it had to be frightening as hell. just so much of the crowd looked like clowns - as Lars noted
The problem with these folks who get a hard-on from playing Colonial Militia is that they don't really believe/understand that live ammo ain't no joke. But this woman was a vet. She served four tours. She should have known better.

Edit: spelling

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Agreed, that's a good reason not to shoot them. I don't understand why the folks committing the federal crime trespassing in the capitol building were not arrested. Whatever the reason, that's objectively different from how the folks protesting outside during the Kavanaugh hearings were treated. More were arrested that day.
My understanding is that the lack of manpower made mass arrests logistically impossible.

Flash YouGov poll shows Repubs have simply lost it. Self-identified GOP voters support storming the Capitol 45-43, and 52% of them blame Biden for the actions of the stormers.

• Wow
Reactions: outside shooter
While you were in a sorority house I represented cops in the most dangerous city in America.
Do you want a cookie or something?
I have no doubt that racism, the vile evil racism we all have seen, exists. It’s alive and well (unwell really) in many places. My point is that is the racism that needs to be met swiftly and decisively with punishment and repudiation - not perceived racism. When we level allegations of racism carelessly and without critical thought, we dilute the real racism and make it harder to be taken seriously.
The vile visible form of racism is the rarity though. An extreme outlier and a tipping point.,

The foundation of the anger though, what a POC has to endure daily, is subtle, ingrained, constant, generally petty and always ignorant.

So petty and constant that a majority of people don't voice their disgust as much as many believe they do because it would feel petty.

Yawn.

It’s been long enough that the smelling salts and feinting couches should have been put away by now. The knees should stop jerking and brains should be engaged.

These people had zero chance to “overturn election.” They also had zero chance to pull off a coup or convene a fake Congress or pass articles of secession. Most of that crowd was not much more than sightseers. Even most of the “subversive leaders” were there to do what most protests/protestors do. Bitch loudly. Tear up some stuff. Dare cops to hit them. Back whack each other. And then act surprised when some fool near them acts like a fool and people get tear gassed and thumped by people who know to thump, and arrested. Only this time Oprah wasn’t gonna bail anybody out, so they left. (At least the BLM subversive leaders had the guts to stay and get arrested, and they weren't pulling off any coups either.) .

It’s all fun until somebody gets shot.

We codified our Creator-given right to peaceably assemble and petition our government about our grievances so stupid shit like this shouldn't have to occur. But when people stop listening and just call each other names, bad shit happens. And social media makes the insult game worse.

Are riots still the language of the unheard? (AsKing for a dead friend.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Spartans9312
1qaAA8K.jpg

The beginning and end in one pic

Courtesy of Reddit

Do you want a cookie or something?

The vile form racism is the rarity though. An extreme outlier and the tipping point.,

The foundation of the anger though, what a POC has to endure daily, is subtle, ingrained, constant, generally petty and always ignorant.

So petty and constant that a majority of people don't voice their disgust as much as many believe they do because it would feel petty.
No cookie needed. Just get a kick out of twerps like you acting like you know your ass from a hole on the ground with what cops do on a day to day basis. Much less your endless racist bs. I trust your experience is very limited

No cookie needed. Just get a kick out of twerps like you acting like you know your ass from a hole on the ground with what cops do on a day to day basis. Much less your endless racist bs. I trust your experience is very limited

Your trust assumption, is wrong .....

What if it's chocolate chip? Do you want a cookie, now?

Yummy ....

depositphotos_8191507-stock-photo-chocolate-chip-cookie-isolated-with.jpg

I saw police pointing guns at a little girl on her daddy’s shoulders. I saw police shoot rubber bullets at media members just reporting, I saw police knock over an elderly man and cause brain damage, and on and on and on. Personally, I don’t think you’re looking at this from a very serious lens, but just your little bubble. Here’s a quote from one of my friends who has a young black son who has been stopped and hassled by police twice for being in his girlfriend’s neighborhood: “Innocent Black men just want to be policed the same as guilty white men.”

Over the course of a full summer of riots.
The excuse making is predictable but spectacular.

ADVERTISEMENT